• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Kam.

2vs2 Singles
Style: Set
DQ: A week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing
Arena: Bane of the Air Traffic

You guessed it -- it's a volcano. Just the smoke is enough to halt planes, and yet, two idiots want to not only go in there, but even have a battle in there. There is a spiral-shaped outcropping along the crater walls, forming a structure similar to a rock spire. It's wide enough for two people to walk alongside each other safely, but not much more than that. The match begins near a magma pool -- touching it will deal 20% fire-type damage to all but Fire-type Pokémon and Pokémon with an immunity to fire. Pokémon with Magma Armor may restore health by standing in the lava. At the beggining of Round 5, the volcano will begin erupting, and the magma level will start rising, forcing the battle to keep moving upwards while it goes on. At round 25, the rim of the volcano will be reached, and Gliscor living in the vicinty will kindly wring the hell out of the arms of the trainers while hefting them safely away from the lava. Pokémon that cannot fly or float are forced to stand on the outcroppings and will also be gripped by the Gliscor, who are kind enough to facilite that moves be performed succesfully -- at a good energy price whenever arms are required, though. Attacking a Gliscor will cause it to fight back with randomly chosen moves that they can learn (always with 60 or more base power, though).
Other: The first Pokémon to be sent out must be Aerodactyl or Bronzong.

it's hot

Magic Guard makes you immune to the lava effect as well, iirc.

IT'S GETTIN' SO HOT SO I BETTER TURN ON A FAN

IT'S GETTIN' SO HOT SO I BETTER DRINK SOME COLD WATER

Okay, I'm almost certain that I still have one battle slot left, considering I only have two battles on and one awaiting ref (that hasn't been put onto the right list yet), so this is for Steele.

1v1 Single
Style: Set...duh?
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 99%
Banned Moves: Look on any complete move list. You see those moves? Yeah, they're all banned.
Arena: Lake of Rage

To some, this place is known as Lake of Rage. To others, it may rest in their minds as Gyarados Lake. And to others still, this legendary Johto landmark is known as “OMG SHINY”. No matter what the name, there is no denying this place is incredible. For those veteran enough, it is likely here where you first captured a strangely coloured pokemon. Actually, even if you're not veteran, that still remains true. Seriously, one in like 8000? wtf?

Anyway, I'm not here to rant about how rare shinies are. I'm here to explain this arena. Lake of Rage is a large lake, largest in Johto, that was supposedly created when many Gyarados congregated, causing a giant storm. Today, it is but a body of water, a little north of the quiet town known as Mahogany. The lake itself has the highest recorded rainfall of any Johto location, it being rainy every single day, except Wednesday. Why the skys are only clear on Wednesday is a mystery. However, being so rainy, it is natural to assume this lake would flood. And it does. Whenever it is raining, the lake will flood to almost double its original size, forcing the shrubs towards the bank to be completely flooded. Very few people live near the Lake of Rage, however it is rumoured one hermit does live across the lake, sheltered by trees, too far for the flood to reach him.

Arena effects:

All pokemon with names beginning in 'Magikar' and ending with the letter 'p' gain the move Metronome. It is the only move legal, and bypasses the above rule saying all moves are banned. Only pokemon that meet the above criteria are allowed to be sent out. Any other pokemon that are sent out will spontaneously explode. This does not use up the 1 pokemon allowed rule.

Whenever the round number is divisible by 7, the lake will unflood, showing its actual form. There is a 40% chance that a participant (Magikarp) will be too far from its centre, be be stranded for the round as it uselessly flops about.

There is a 15% every round that a remnant Gyarados of the Team Rocket scheme will interupt the battle to use Hyper Beam off a pathetic 65 base Special Attack, doing 1% damage to both participants. Trainers and the referee must also facepalm.

If the above happens, there is a 88% chance that a Gyarados (also a remnant) who knows what its doing will appear to laugh at the Hyper Beam Gyarados, and show what real Gyarados do by using Waterfall on one of the Magikarp in the lake. This does 7% damage, and carries the flinch chance that normal Waterfall carries.

There is a chance 2% that Lance, the Dragon Master and Ex-Champion of Johto will show up to check for any signs of a relapse since the Team Rocket scheme, and will laugh when he sees two trainer owned Magikarp fighting. This serves no purpose to the battle.

(I put so much unnecessary crap there.)

Get ready...for the ultimate duel of the ages.

Okay, I'm almost certain that I still have one battle slot left, considering I only have two battles on and one awaiting ref (that hasn't been put onto the right list yet), so this is for Steele.

1v1 Single
Style: Set...duh?
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 99%
Banned Moves: Look on any complete move list. You see those moves? Yeah, they're all banned.
Arena: Lake of Rage

To some, this place is known as Lake of Rage. To others, it may rest in their minds as Gyarados Lake. And to others still, this legendary Johto landmark is known as “OMG SHINY”. No matter what the name, there is no denying this place is incredible. For those veteran enough, it is likely here where you first captured a strangely coloured pokemon. Actually, even if you're not veteran, that still remains true. Seriously, one in like 8000? wtf?

Anyway, I'm not here to rant about how rare shinies are. I'm here to explain this arena. Lake of Rage is a large lake, largest in Johto, that was supposedly created when many Gyarados congregated, causing a giant storm. Today, it is but a body of water, a little north of the quiet town known as Mahogany. The lake itself has the highest recorded rainfall of any Johto location, it being rainy every single day, except Wednesday. Why the skys are only clear on Wednesday is a mystery. However, being so rainy, it is natural to assume this lake would flood. And it does. Whenever it is raining, the lake will flood to almost double its original size, forcing the shrubs towards the bank to be completely flooded. Very few people live near the Lake of Rage, however it is rumoured one hermit does live across the lake, sheltered by trees, too far for the flood to reach him.

Arena effects:

All pokemon with names beginning in 'Magikar' and ending with the letter 'p' gain the move Metronome. It is the only move legal, and bypasses the above rule saying all moves are banned. Only pokemon that meet the above criteria are allowed to be sent out. Any other pokemon that are sent out will spontaneously explode. This does not use up the 1 pokemon allowed rule.

Whenever the round number is divisible by 7, the lake will unflood, showing its actual form. There is a 40% chance that a participant (Magikarp) will be too far from its centre, be be stranded for the round as it uselessly flops about.

There is a 15% every round that a remnant Gyarados of the Team Rocket scheme will interupt the battle to use Hyper Beam off a pathetic 65 base Special Attack, doing 1% damage to both participants. Trainers and the referee must also facepalm.

If the above happens, there is a 88% chance that a Gyarados (also a remnant) who knows what its doing will appear to laugh at the Hyper Beam Gyarados, and show what real Gyarados do by using Waterfall on one of the Magikarp in the lake. This does 7% damage, and carries the flinch chance that normal Waterfall carries.

There is a chance 2% that Lance, the Dragon Master and Ex-Champion of Johto will show up to check for any signs of a relapse since the Team Rocket scheme, and will laugh when he sees two trainer owned Magikarp fighting. This serves no purpose to the battle.

(I put so much unnecessary crap there.)

Get ready...for the ultimate duel of the ages.

So you think you have a relative chance of taking down the Leviathan?

WRONG!

Prepare for war. And epicness. As the battle of the eon will begin...

1vs1 single, 3 pokemon max
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, lock-on varient limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: Smuggler's Cove

Smuggler's Cove is a tranquill beachfront that was once used by smugglers as an illegal drop-off point. The area is surrounded by steep cliffs that can be climbed. The main part is a sandy beach with a few scatered trees. The beach leads onto a small sea inlet. Pokemon cannot progress over the mountains or out of the inlet, however, they can enter a open mouthed cave in the mountainside. The battle starts on the beach, evenly discecting the cove.
Other: Only unevolved pokemon allowed

My profile

Seeing as you posted the challenge twice, I guess that means I can still join.

I'm ready for my first battle. Link to profile.

1vs1 single 1 pokemon max.
DQ: A week.
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: The Internet
a string of data is where the trainers start, but pokemon can jump to other strings of data.
10% chance that lag will occur and slow down a random pokemon.
15% chance that a spammer will appear and cause 5% typeless damage to a random pokemon.
10% chance that a flamer will appear and cause 7% fire type damage to a random pokemon.
10% chance that a troll will appear and cause 15% dark type damage to a random pokemon.
5% chance that a hacker will appear and halve a random Pokemon's health and energy.
10% chance that a mod will appear and ban a random pokemon from using the last attack it used.
10% that a random pokemon will get RickRoll'd and only be able to use attacking moves (taunt) and be confused.
24% chance that nothing will happen.
Additional Rules: the porygon family spends 1% less energy on attacks after all other modifiers have been applied and their attacks do 5% more damage after all other modifiers have been applied.

I'm quite sure I have one more open battle slot, so I'll take this one. (Coming from someone who is not new to ASB but still fights like one)

Profile. Thank my odd dreams that I took this challenge.

Pumpin' out sequels like it's the SAW series, time for ZORA vs. DWAGIE III: THE REREDRUNKENING - IN SPACE.

1v1 Single
DQ: 7 days
Banned moves: Anything goes baby!
Arena: The Galactic Cock - Aboard the Sol space station in orbit

Finally legally banned from any facility which serves alcohol down on terra, the drunken duo find themselves at a loss for the location of their inbibed escapades. Of course, the sky's the limit for these two~ And with a healthy dose of applied phlebotinum, the two trainers have managed to make their way to the orbital space station (which totally exists, the government is holding out on you) and found themselves a nice little dive that doesn't seem too interested in the news from the ground. Actually, it's a little TOO nice, what with all the neon, and chrome, and scantily clad space-dudes in vinyl future-duds looking a bit repulsed at the two girl's presence... (Must be something about being ground-dwellers, hm?) So what kind of battlefield is this?
Well, apparently when two trainers get drunk they find it to be a good idea to get their Pokémon drunk, as well, no matter where they may be. Noone really knows why, but it's probably in a similar vein to beer goggles. Of course, neither trainer is in much of a state to issue commands, and their Pokémon will soon be in no state to listen.

Upon being chosen each Pokémon is served gratuitous amounts of alcohol and set off on their way to have a go at each other.. if they can stay on their feet. The barkeep seems concerned for a change, but is sort of just keeping his distance as if to say 'take what you want a leave, you space-rabble'.
Moves are selected completely random, similar to Metronome, from the Pokémon's available move pool. Any move may be used, included OHKO's, however should they hit they cannot break the damage cap and will deal an instant 50% tops.
Both Pokémon being lit off their arses will have an inflated ego and a boosted pain tolerance; essentially giving them both 150% HP and letting them go longer.
The bar is full of flashy and amusingly destructible objects, as well; and arena damage will become apparent. Apparently, the barkeep doesn't seem to take into consideration supernatural powers. Hopefully soon he will~

In this state the competitors will be less than capable of holding a steady battle. Every action there is a 5% chance of either Pokémon falling victim to temporary negative effects. There is an equal chance of one of four actions happened:

Falling asleep: The Pokémon will completely nod out, lowering both its defences by 3 stages until awoken and waking up after either 3 actions or after being struck by an offensive move.

Vomiting: The Pokémon will empty its stomach.. all over their opponent's face. This will totally gross their opponent out, and lower their defences by 3 stages for 3 actions.

Falling over: The Pokémon will completely lose its balance and fall right on its arse, causing them to lose that action and be inflicted with mild confusion.

Punchdrunk Swing: The Pokémon will forgo its supernatural powers in favour of slugging their opponent in the face. This will deal 5% untyped damage at 70% accuracy.

In addition, there is a 50% chance every round that 'someone' will fiddle with the gravity controls, causing the battle to become Zero-G (Or revert to normal gravity if it already is) and having these effects:

Everything, and everyone will be unbound to the floor. Unless the competitor has something to propel themselves off of (if they're even in the state of mind to do so...) or are otherwise latched onto their opponent already, contact moves will fail. (Note that ghosts and other gravity defying levitators will be too drunk to release they can probably move freely, anyway, and so are still prone to this.)

There is a 20% chance of drunkenly smashing into someone, or something, with no ways to reasonably navigate even while sober. Having this occur deals 3% untyped damage and cancels the move for that action.

On the other hand, there's a 5% chance of (some how) catching a flying bottle of space-booze midair. It may be a bit hard to consume without gravity, but it will restore 5% health or energy (an equal chance for either) on that action instead of a move.

And of course, as if keeping their stomachs contained wasn't hard enough on the ground, the spinny crashy shininess of Zero-G will cause either competitor to vomit at a 20% chance - filling the air with flying spew, and lowering both the defences of both competitors by -1 per occurrence. (Up to -6) This effect is cancelled when the gravity in switched back on and everything falls back to the floor.

And finally, when gravity is switched back on at the start of a round, both competitors will take 5% untyped falling/gracelessly crashing damage. (Does not cost an action.)

Coming This Summer!

Pumpin' out sequels like it's the SAW series, time for ZORA vs. DWAGIE III: THE REREDRUNKENING - IN SPACE.

1v1 Single

Finally legally banned from any facility which serves alcohol down on terra, the drunken duo find themselves at a loss for the location of their inbibed escapades. Of course, the sky's the limit for these two~ And with a healthy dose of applied phlebotinum, the two trainers have managed to make their way to the orbital space station (which totally exists, the government is holding out on you) and found themselves a nice little dive that doesn't seem too interested in the news from the ground. Actually, it's a little TOO nice, what with all the neon, and chrome, and scantily clad space-dudes in vinyl future-duds looking a bit repulsed at the two girl's presence... (Must be something about being ground-dwellers, hm?) So what kind of battlefield is this?
Well, apparently when two trainers get drunk they find it to be a good idea to get their Pokémon drunk, as well, no matter where they may be. Noone really knows why, but it's probably in a similar vein to beer goggles. Of course, neither trainer is in much of a state to issue commands, and their Pokémon will soon be in no state to listen.

Upon being chosen each Pokémon is served gratuitous amounts of alcohol and set off on their way to have a go at each other.. if they can stay on their feet. The barkeep seems concerned for a change, but is sort of just keeping his distance as if to say 'take what you want a leave, you space-rabble'.
Moves are selected completely random, similar to Metronome, from the Pokémon's available move pool. Any move may be used, included OHKO's, however should they hit they cannot break the damage cap and will deal an instant 50% tops.
Both Pokémon being lit off their arses will have an inflated ego and a boosted pain tolerance; essentially giving them both 150% HP and letting them go longer.
The bar is full of flashy and amusingly destructible objects, as well; and arena damage will become apparent. Apparently, the barkeep doesn't seem to take into consideration supernatural powers. Hopefully soon he will~

In this state the competitors will be less than capable of holding a steady battle. Every action there is a 5% chance of either Pokémon falling victim to temporary negative effects. There is an equal chance of one of four actions happened:

Falling asleep: The Pokémon will completely nod out, lowering both its defences by 3 stages until awoken and waking up after either 3 actions or after being struck by an offensive move.

Vomiting: The Pokémon will empty its stomach.. all over their opponent's face. This will totally gross their opponent out, and lower their defences by 3 stages for 3 actions.

Falling over: The Pokémon will completely lose its balance and fall right on its arse, causing them to lose that action and be inflicted with mild confusion.

Punchdrunk Swing: The Pokémon will forgo its supernatural powers in favour of slugging their opponent in the face. This will deal 5% untyped damage at 70% accuracy.

In addition, there is a 50% chance every round that 'someone' will fiddle with the gravity controls, causing the battle to become Zero-G (Or revert to normal gravity if it already is) and having these effects:

Everything, and everyone will be unbound to the floor. Unless the competitor has something to propel themselves off of (if they're even in the state of mind to do so...) or are otherwise latched onto their opponent already, contact moves will fail. (Note that ghosts and other gravity defying levitators will be too drunk to release they can probably move freely, anyway, and so are still prone to this.)

There is a 20% chance of drunkenly smashing into someone, or something, with no ways to reasonably navigate even while sober. Having this occur deals 3% untyped damage and cancels the move for that action.

On the other hand, there's a 5% chance of (some how) catching a flying bottle of space-booze midair. It may be a bit hard to consume without gravity, but it will restore 5% health or energy (an equal chance for either) on that action instead of a move.

And of course, as if keeping their stomachs contained wasn't hard enough on the ground, the spinny crashy shininess of Zero-G will cause either competitor to vomit at a 20% chance - filling the air with flying spew, and lowering both the defences of both competitors by -1 per occurrence. (Up to -6) This effect is cancelled when the gravity in switched back on and everything falls back to the floor.

And finally, when gravity is switched back on at the start of a round, both competitors will take 5% untyped falling/gracelessly crashing damage. (Does not cost an action.)

Coming This Summer!
COOL GUYS DON'T LOOK AT EXPLOSIONS~

Accepting :3

1v1 Single

Coming This Summer!

I'm such a sucker for people asking.

I'll ref this...just keep in mind that I tend to be lazy at times.

Meh, it had gone back a page, nearly two. I just didn't want it to get loat in the either of pages Sorry.

The first page is (er.... usually) updated with recent challenges so that refs can just check there rather than scanning pages of challenges. Yours will be put there too (if it hasn't already), were it will eventually get taken. :P

3vs3 single
DQ: 6 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 3 chills/PKMN, 1 direct heal/PKMN, moves that change weather or require a body of water to be used.
Arena: Xeroph Isle Shrine (penultimate room)

The shrine on Xeroph Isle is built with brown stone bricks stacked together with ancient architecture. A perpetual sandstorm blows outside the shrine, and some sand may leak into the walls (although it is not possible for it to harm a Pokemon unless ingested or if it comes in contact with eyes). This particular room is square, about 25 feet on a side. On the left edge of the room is a straight staircase about five feet wide that travels up the wall and ends about twelve feet above the floor. The second level at which the staircase ends is about seven feet wide from the wall and continues to the other wall. (If that's hard to visualize, the stairs and the level at the top form a right angle at the upper left corner of the room.) There is also a large door made out of grey stone at the left of the upper level with a circular pattern on it, but it is very difficult to open as it has no handle. The upper level has a four-foot stone wall on the edge facing the open room, and it is possible for a Pokemon to jump over it, although the landing on the stone floor might be tough. Every action, there is a 5% chance that a mummy boy (seen on the middle left of the DQMJ game case) in the room will be frustrated with the Pokemon intruders and will use one of the attacks in its repertoire (each of which has a 22% chance of occurring if the mummy boy decides to strike [except for Venomous Volley, which has a 12% chance] and has a 50% chance of being used on either Pokemon on the field). These attacks are:
Poisonous Poke - inflicts 3% damage on the Pokemon and has an 80% chance to afflict the Pokemon with normal poison.
Helm Splitter - inflicts 5% damage on the Pokemon and has a 40% chance to lower its Defense by two stages.
Sleep Sock - inflicts 5% damage on the Pokemon and has a 20% chance to cause it to fall asleep.
Slowing Slug - inflicts 4% damage on the Pokemon and has a 75% chance to lower its Speed by two stages.
Venemous Volley - inflicts 5% damage on the Pokemon and has a 40% chance to cause bad poison.

Other: Aaagh complicated. I think I went a bit overboard. If you want, the mummy boy could simply slap the Pokemon for 6% damage?

monster scout storage

Meh, I'll take you on. Profile

For anyone open to a battle:

2vs2 single
Style: set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned moves: OHKO moves, any moves that require a body of water,4 chills/pokemon,2 self healing moves/pokemon
Arena:(first battle, want to keep this simple) Simple Arena (Desert)

No more than simple chalk lines drawn in dirt, this pokemon stadium is an exact replica of those seen in the anime. the ground of this arena is earth, and past the chalk boundary the arena is surrounded by grass. no moves that require a body of water can be performed.

Trainer profile: Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom