• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking Mawile vs Blade.

DarkHydra, I'll ref your battle too when someone accepts your challenge.

1 vs. 1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 2 Weeks
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO, Direct Healing, Weather Moves
Arena: The Rooftop

The battle takes place at the top of a skyscraper, ringed with just a low iron fence. The ground under the pokemon's feet is smooth and paved, and slippery from the previous nights rain, so pokemon have a 20% chance of slipping. Should they fall off the edge, a slightly smaller skyscraper is there to land on, although they'll sustain some damage (Ref's decision). Since the battle is taking place on the top of a skyscraper, the wind is fierce, making it hard for pokemon to move precisely, especially flying pokemon (95% accuracy and evasion for primarily large land-based pokemon, (over 60kg), 90% for medium (Over 30kg), 85% for small (Under 30kg) Flying pokemon are -5% plus their large, medium and small percentage.) If a move such as dig is used, the pokemon drops into the room below them, and take some damage (Ref's decision). The room is an office, with plenty of desks, chairs, and other such items. The ceiling is fairly low, making it harder for flying pokemon to maneouvre, but the wind is no longer present, nor is the slippery surface.

Additional rules: No regard to any abilities, No evolved pokemon (ie: Tyranitar, Blaziken etc)

I'll take this challenge if you don't mind.

Negrek's not able to get a computer for a while as far as I recall, so she can't really add things to the first post.
And you don't need to post to confirm that someone can take your challenge. It's just a waste of a post.

Even if Negrek did have internet access, there's no reason to post the same statement about not being on the list twice in twenty-four hours. Patience, remember.

5vs5 singles
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 55%
Banned Moves: Direct recovery, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler (Explosion, OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc.). Chills are restricted to 5 per Pokémon.
Arena: MFvsKV V

Oh gog, will these two ever settle their gogdamn problem? Well, it's more fun if they don't. And to celebrate this being the fifth match, they'll fight using only Gen V Pokemon, in a five-colored, V-shaped platform. Each round, there's a 45% chance a Pokemon whose name starts with a V (listed below) will randomly attack one of the battlers with an (effective, so no Dream Eating awake Pokemon or using Swords Dance or one of the banned moves) attack from their movepool, and a 55% chance that one of the active Pokemon will turn into one at the end of the round (this effect ends after three actions). Pokemon with names starting with a V are: Vanillish, Vanillite, Vanilluxe, Vaporeon, Venipede, Venomoth, Venonat, Venusaur, Vespiquen, Vibrava, Victini, Victreebel, Vigoroth, Vileplume, Virizion, Volbeat, Volcarona, Voltorb, Vullaby, Vulpix.

Other: Gen V Pokemon are allowed to use Sleep Talk, dammit. The thread should be named Metallica Fanboy vs. Kam V.

5vs5 singles
Damage Cap: 55%
Banned Moves: Direct recovery, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler (Explosion, OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc.). Chills are restricted to 5 per Pokémon.
Arena: MFvsKV V

Oh gog, will these two ever settle their gogdamn problem? Well, it's more fun if they don't. And to celebrate this being the fifth match, they'll fight using only Gen V Pokemon, in a five-colored, V-shaped platform. Each round, there's a 45% chance a Pokemon whose name starts with a V (listed below) will randomly attack one of the battlers with an (effective, so no Dream Eating awake Pokemon or using Swords Dance or one of the banned moves) attack from their movepool, and a 55% chance that one of the active Pokemon will turn into one at the end of the round (this effect ends after three actions). Pokemon with names starting with a V are: Vanillish, Vanillite, Vanilluxe, Vaporeon, Venipede, Venomoth, Venonat, Venusaur, Vespiquen, Vibrava, Victini, Victreebel, Vigoroth, Vileplume, Virizion, Volbeat, Volcarona, Voltorb, Vullaby, Vulpix.

Other: Gen V Pokemon are allowed to use Sleep Talk, dammit. The thread should be named Metallica Fanboy vs. Kam V.
Okay'd.

That has five letters, by the way.

1+1v1+1 tag battle
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Odd Pavilion in the Middle of Nowhere

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a strange gray-brick ruins on a hill that seems it could have been a temple long ago, with felled pillars and broken statues. Well, something seems to still be there, if not the legendaries themselves. Occasionally (i.e. 20% per round), a Psystrike, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Judgment (with STAB to the Pokémon's primary type), V-Create, Sacred Sword, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Glaciate, Relic Song, or Techno Blast (Normal-type), condensed into an orb that lasts a round, will appear somewhere in the ruins for a Pokémon to pick up (using an action) and use at any time, at the cost of 1.5 of the normal energy cost.

Last edited:
1+1v1+1 tag battle

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a strange gray-brick ruins on a hill that seems it could have been a temple long ago, with felled pillars and broken statues. Well, something seems to still be there, if not the legendaries themselves. Occasionally (i.e. 20% per round), a Psystrike, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Judgment (with STAB to the Pokémon's primary type), V-Create, Sacred Sword, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Glaciate, Relic Song, or Techno Blast (Normal-type), condensed into an orb, will appear somewhere in the ruins for a Pokémon to pick up (using an action) and use, at the cost of 1.5 as much energy.
I'll participate on the opposing team.

1+1v1+1 tag battle

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a strange gray-brick ruins on a hill that seems it could have been a temple long ago, with felled pillars and broken statues. Well, something seems to still be there, if not the legendaries themselves. Occasionally (i.e. 20% per round), a Psystrike, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Judgment (with STAB to the Pokémon's primary type), V-Create, Sacred Sword, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Glaciate, Relic Song, or Techno Blast (Normal-type), condensed into an orb, will appear somewhere in the ruins for a Pokémon to pick up (using an action) and use, at the cost of 1.5 as much energy.

I'd like to participate on whichever team is most convenient for me to be on. (I think I have another open slot for a battle left...)

1+1v1+1 tag battle

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. It's a strange gray-brick ruins on a hill that seems it could have been a temple long ago, with felled pillars and broken statues. Well, something seems to still be there, if not the legendaries themselves. Occasionally (i.e. 20% per round), a Psystrike, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Psycho Boost, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force, Dark Void, Seed Flare, Judgment (with STAB to the Pokémon's primary type), V-Create, Sacred Sword, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Glaciate, Relic Song, or Techno Blast (Normal-type), condensed into an orb that lasts a round, will appear somewhere in the ruins for a Pokémon to pick up (using an action) and use at any time, at the cost of 1.5 of the normal energy cost.

I'll take that, too.

ALSO I suggest commands via PM to avoid ever-lasting DQ times, but that is up to you guys.

And I'll ref the four of you! thread to be up soon

EDIT: Just to be clear, its Whirlpool, Mawile, Lord of the Fireflies, and RespectTheBlade all in one battle(teams to be determined via RNG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom