• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The City of Dreams

"Hmm?" Malum turned around. "Oh, the location. The rumors seem to be pointing everything to the City's Eastern sector."

If these rumors are true, then we could gain a conduit of information into the Vanguard. if they are false... then I will have to guess where the activity is rising.

"Eastern Sector," said Dimlight, glancing towards the sun but not at it.

We're investigating. Only the rumors point to the eastern sector, but where else would it be?

Maris shrugged. Dimlight hadn't come back yet. That probably meant it was a one-Pokemon mission. Still, she had three other Pokemon with her... including Thief, the Pelipper she was training to steal Electirizers and Magmarizers from Electabuzz and Magmar respectively.

"Fine.", Radovan replied.
"Radovan," Ursula quietly said, "They seem to have gotten away. I can't sense them anymore."
Radovan scowled, "Where are your manners? The suspects just escaped."
He angrily closed the connection after that.
"What will you do?", Ursula asked.
Radovan thought about that for a bit, then answered, "Let's go outside and wait. I'll tell Hermes about this..."
They walked out of the building they were hiding in. Still, there wasn't any sign of the empath Hermes had supposedly sent.

((Ack sleepovers do this to me.))

Moonlight nodded and said "Right." Then she dashed off toward the warehouse. Better save my energy... she thought and moved at a slower pace. SHe arrived in five minutes. "I assume you are the others that were mentioned to me?"

Radovan looked down to his side. He spotted an Umbreon, but one with the telltale signs of genetic modification due to Project Empath, unlike Ursula, who displayed no such physical signs.
"I suppose so.", Radovan replied to the Umbreon, "I'm Inspector Masaryk, and this is my partner Ursula.", he introduced themselves, and Ursula simply waved at the Umbreon.
"Unfortunately, it seems you're too late.", Radovan continued, "Ursula tells me that there is no nobody inside the warehouse. We've got to check inside anyway, however."

Shallo's eyes crept open, his PDA was to the side of his head and the light emitting from it changed to a varied shade of red. "Hmm..Wha-?" he muttered, then jolting up from his reclined chair due to the sunlight piercing through his office blinds and attacking his retnas. "A meeting?-" his head slowly dropped and he gazed at his watch then tilted over to his PDA. Brushing a hand through his hair, Shallo picked up his PDA and browsed through his contacts until he came to "Tanya".

Shallo's attention was snatched away from his PDA due to a loud snorting coming from infront of his desk. The Camerupt who had decided to park itself against Shallo's desk was suddenly absorbed by a red light and returned to its pokeball, Shallo grabbed his trenchcoat from off of his chair and throw it over his shoulder before pushing his sunglasses back against his face. He pushed the connect button on his PDA, he had no idea what the meeting was about..

'Calling "Tanya"'..

((Sorry I was late; I slept over at my friend's house who has NO internet access.))
"Oops. Sorry about that." Moonlight sighed. Why the heck am I always late... "Should we be heading back now? Or what?" Moonlight's stomach growled. "Umm... maybe we should go back... I'm getting hungry..." Great, you embarrassed yourself within the first five minutes.

"That'll have to wait," Radovan told the Umbreon sharply, "we're all going inside. There may still be clues in there."
He tried the front door, but, predictably, it wouldn't open. Ursula aimed a psychic blast at it, which knocked it open. The both of them then walked in and looked around.
"Feel anything?", Radovan asked Ursula.
"A bit. They were here not long ago, I think.", she answered.
"And what about you? Feel anything?", Radovan asked the Umbreon, wagering she was a psychic empath.

As the investigator ended the transmission, Tanya laid back in her pool, thinking out loud, "That Radovan... always so serious and uptight. He needs to learn how to go with the flow... enjoy his life a little bit." She chuckles, grinning a little. "I'll make sure to show him a good time when he arrives." Tanya seemed to like her current setup. Most visitors, even her partner, came to her office to see her in person or on her large video screen. Rarely did she have to leave her peaceful surroundings. And yet, it wasn't enough. Tanya wanted more than just comfort and luxury.. she wanted power. And it was this quest that had her busy all the time.

It wasn't long before Tanya's thought session was interrupted. Her giant computer screen began to flash and beep, signaling an oncoming transmission. It was Shallo again. The Milotic chuckled to herself when she saw it displayed who it was. "Can that guy keep anything straight? Oh well, he needs me, and that's a good thing at least. Computer, connect." Tanya smiled pleasantly as Shallo's image came up on the screen. "Well, what a pleasant surprise... What is it this time, Shallo? Did you forget the room your scheduled meeting is in? President's conference room, top floor. It's dealing with the ongoing Worker's Vanguard crisis."

Moonlight concentrated. "Yes, I do feel something." Moonlight concentrated harder. "The presence was not that long ago." Moonlight broke concentration. "So... now what? I'm kinda newish to this stuff."

When Malum entered Tuma's chamber, the Weavile bolted upright.

"Did you do as I requested?"

"Of course, Tuma, i w-"

"Change in plans," He said, "I need you to have those who assigned to investigate Vanguard activities change their mission."

"To what?"

"They are now to capture one Vanguard member and bring them back alive."

Malum thought this plan over. It didn't sound so bad, but he needed to confirm those rumors for his own ends. This would require subtlety.

"Tuma, even if we do capture a Vanguard member, there's no telling if they know anything of their group's movement. If the rumors in the eastern sector are true, then we'll require the two that I assigned as an information output."

Tuma nodded. "That makes sense. You can just assign another member to this mission, then."

"Perfect idea," Malum said, smirking on the inside, Perfect suggestion for that idea, at any rate.

The Bronzong then floated out of the chamber.

Last edited:
Karae found Zone's answer more than satisfactory. Yes, he basically shoved all her implications that he was being rash back at her, but he did it without being utterly rude. So the team had found intelligent members, even when for such an odd task as egg hatcher. "So the eggs are safe." she summarized, looking over at the one with the skull with detached interest. "That is good." Way to pay attention - had she even been listening to him? The Dragonair looked at the entrance of the alley again, wings flexing. She wasn't going to get any training done, and even stretching seemed like a dim prospect unless she could find somewhere abandoned and large enough to float around...

"Good luck hatching them, Zone." Said the same way as a dismissal, she uncoiled and carefully poked her head out of the alley. No one around, good. She gracefully flew into the air, looked back at the egghatcher for a minute and then headed for headquarters, trying to be as stealthy as possible. At least people - well, humans - didn't usually look up unless something really, realy noticable flew over...

Before Shallo could mutter a word into his PDA Tanya had already answered all of his questions. "..Thanks?" He mumbled as he pushed open the door to leave his office.

"Tanya, what time is the meeting?.."

Shallo paused for a moment, nodding slightly to himself and walking back into his office. He dived into his chair and removed a key from his pocket, forced it into his desk draw and opened it. Inside was a custom designed revolver, something Shallo had engineered in his spare time, rivalling the power of any modern handgun, but it looked a lot 'smoother' in his eyes. He slid the gun into a holster attached to the inside of his trenchcoat and smirked to himself.

Throwing the coat back over his shoulder and walking out of the room with his PDA in his hand,

"Tanyaaa, am I in a hurry or not?" He smirked

"Well, first,", Radovan told the Umbreon, "we have to turn this place over. See if we can't find anything."
He pulled out his PDA and called Hermes, "Nobody here, but both of the empaths with me say that they were here not long ago."
"Well give chase, then. How far could they have gotten?", Hermes responded.
"I've dealt with these people before.", Radovan explained, "They move rather quickly, though maybe not as quickly as Galactic."
"I'll tell your superiors,", Hermes said, "but you must continue your search for the time being."
Hermes cut the line. Radovan put his PDA away and looked around.
"Um, Radovan.", Ursula said, standing next to a box with her arm pointed downward, "You may want to see this."
Radovan walked over to where she was and looked down. There was a handle sticking out of the ground. Radovan pulled it to reveal a passage underground.
Radovan pulled out his PDA and called Hermes again, "Hermes. There's an undeground passage here. I'd check it out, but my shift is to end soon, and I'd need more people with me anyway. Send a team to check this out."
"Interesting. I will do as instructed immediately.", Hermes responded, then cutting the call.
Radovan turned towards the bejeweled Umbreon, "What is your name, anyway?", he asked her.

The Milotic switched to a more serious tone when she saw him taking out his revolver... something he did for every meeting, but that still gave her some cause for concern. "Just be patient, Shallo. Things are already underway. The meeting is at 10, so you have about 15 minutes. Best to be there a few minutes early, and be gracious to the other board members, especially the President, even if you hate their guts. Keep me in touch, all right?" She kept the transmission open, in case he had anything else he wanted to say.

Starr was wandering the city, completely uninterested in her surroundings. She just needed to walk. She could feel it, something monumental was going to happen soon, something that would change her life and the lives of everyone on this incomplete and weak planet. She stroked Jack, her Eevee's head, and he cooed, nestling into her neck. He loved to sit on her shoulder. She smiled.

Now all she had to do was find her part in the grand scheme of things.

((failpost is fail :C))

Who? Who could be a pawn for this plan?

Whoever this is cannot be seen by the others. If they see another member in the same area on a mission, they're likely to suspect the worst. I can't have any suspicion at this point. Not from Tuma; not from anyone.

He then saw a member whom he recognized as Starr Diamond.

Perfect.

He floated over to her.

((Wait, can I change my name to Psymoon? It makes more sense =D I know it's kinda late, but...))

((Okay. And no last name now.))
"Psymoon. Fits, doesn't it?" Psymoon looked at the trapdoor. "So... we have to go down there, huh?" Psymoon said, sounding kinda paranoid, as she was. "I'm ready!" she said just before her stomach growled again. Smooth as peanutbutter, Psymoon. Real smooth.

Back
Top Bottom