• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Clue Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chewy: Yes, it's a query string. One part is the Pokemon that the speaker got the most and the other part is how many they got, not necessarily in that order.

Well, I tried thirteen=smoochum and smoochum=thirteen and they both didn't work. Looking at other pages, people said it had something to do with math, but I don't exactly know how.

27: The verses are collective. They add up over time.

19: Well...in LeafGreen there was Vulpix, and its counterpart in FireRed was Growlithe...

27: The verses are collective. They add up over time.
By
collective
do you mean
the verse numbers add up, the Pokemon add up, or the moves add up?
And does the fact that
Magneton has an exclamation mark instead of a comma
have any significance or did Butterfree just do that?

27: Magneton has an exclamation mark to coincide with the shout of 'Five Golden Rings!' in the original 'Twelve Days of Christmas'. And
if received what Butterfree receives, on day one you get a Mew, and on day two you get a Mew and two Metapod. You still have the Mew from day one.

26: Have you checked the source code? If so, look where it says for 'mentions of 2006'.

28 is about a popular Pokemon in the anime that got abandoned 1-2 times. You might not know it, as it refers to something in the much less recent episodes.

28 is about a popular Pokemon in the anime that got abandoned 1-2 times. You might not know it, as it refers to something in the much less recent episodes.

Ooh, gosh. I really don't remember the anime much at all. I'm trying to think somewhere along the lines of Team Rocket (?), but I've got nothing.

Chewy: The first word in a query string has to be capitalized. Otherwise you're right.

aruseusu7: I searched the anime section of Serebii. ^^;

Huh? That doesn't seem to work. I tried Lapras=fortynine, Fortynine=lapras, Fortynine=Lapras, Lapras=49, 49=Lapras, Forty-nine=lapras, and Forty-nine=Lapras.

GRRR Why am I the only one that seems to be unable to solve this? I feel stupid....

Chewy: Huh? One of them is right, double check your spelling?

Elliekat: Check the source code, and thoroughly read through the place where you think it is.

I'm STILL stuck on 26. I am completely stumped. I know where the answer is, I just don't get it.

I thought I knew where the answer was, too, but I didn't.
It is on that page, but probably not where you think. The vague word that is probably throwing you off is mention. Other than an update, what else could the word mention mean?

I have no idea where to start trying to figure out the answer for 28.

Think, what kind of numbers are those; where in Pokemon would you see them?

Not sure if that needed spoiler tags, but to be on the safe side....

EDIT: YES! I GOT 27! Thanks BlazieAura! Now to 28.... but first the bathroom. [/late TMI alert]

EDIT: YES! Unto 29.

EDIT: YES! I'm on 30!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom