• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Re: The Darkest Hour- REMADE!

"interesting," i said, "You're countering my Shadow Blasts with... these blasts of light. I doubt Darkrai would want you alive if he learned of that power, Gallade."

I floated up, preparing for my next move. "Of course, then, it would be terrible if word were to get out of that power of yours. You'd have half of Team Dark at your throats. And you don't even want to think of what Darkrai would personally do to you."

I floated back down. "Of course, that will only happen if I reveal it, correct? I don't see any members of Team Dark nearby."

A thought struck me. "Of course, if I were to tell Darkrai, or one of his minions in Team Dark, they'd certainly think highly of me: a Dusknoir wiht talents such as mine."

Artemis half-panted half-snarled.
"Talent? Talented at being a bully? The talent of having to try so hard to kill one so small? What? I don't give a crap if you tell them or not. In fact, for all I care, tell your supreme overlord DARKRAI for all I care. What are you? Some little minion of his that apparently needs help to defeat me? Me? A KIRLIA? A little ballerina? COME ON!"
She snarled viciously, white light circling her head like a spinning halo.
"I.. am.. not afraid.. of you!"

Last edited:

"Me? i simply serve the highest bidder. Right now, Team Dark is the highest bidder. At times, though, I've served Team Light."

I opened a portal. "And I've got less than two hours to get back to Team Dark before I lose the Generous bonus. I leave you with this, however:"

I charged another Dark Pulse between my hands, and then slammed them together. The effect was instantaneous as a wave of more high-powered shadow energy sped out in all directions, faster than ever before

"Run, Little Psychic, and tell your friends at Team Light the Zrantox sends his regards."

(I go to bed a little after 3 A.M, I come back, and this thread has gone from one to three pages long...)
George woke up to the distant sound of someone yelling. Tired, he slowly ate the nearby berry and (rather casually) walked outside to see where all the noise was coming from.

"You in Team Light? Right.. sure you were. Running away so soon, *****?"
The Dark Pulse streamed towards the Gallade, but parted like water and didn't touch. She vaugely sensed another Pokemon approaching.

Last edited:

It wasn't long until George saw a oddly familiar Gallade protecting itself from a rather nasty-looking Dusknoir. He stood still, pondering whether or not he should help out the friendly-looking Gallade. He quickly decided it might not be too bad of an idea to join in. Used to fighting ghost-types, the little Riolu looked up and down the Dusknoir, looking for a weak spot. After finding one, he jumped in front of his opponent and nervously waited for it to attack.

I exited the portal at the base once more, as soon as I saw the Gliscor, I floated over to him.

"Ah, Zrantox, you're back, though later than I expec-"

Without Warning, I seized the Gliscor in my hands and snapped his neck. I let his limp body fall to the ground.

No sooner did that happen did a Gengar appear through another portal. "Zrantox? Good, you're back. Though i must say, you don't look that well, perhaps we should-"

"Darkrai told us that he had eliminated all of the Lightstruck."

The Gengar shrugged. "And? What's that got to do with any of this? I wanted you to come with me to explain the latest of your jobs."

"I encountered a Lightstruck Gallade as I destroyed the Caravan. After a battle, I chose to withdraw, revealing my true allegiances as I did so."

"LIghtstruck? Are you sure?"

"Let's see. It was the first time Anyone had survived my Shadow Blast, able to form an aura of light around itself, yeah, those qualities constitute one who is a Lightstruck, or a descendant of a Lightstruck."

"It's likely the latter, but Darkrai told us that he had-"

"Darkrai also told us that we'd be fine during the ambush of the convoy near the borders of our territory, but he was wrong there."

The Gengar shurgged. "You've got a point there, Zrantox."

((Talk about a sudden influx of posts. o_O))

Kester slowly cracked open an eyelid, taking in the usual scene of the Team Light Headquarters. seeing nothing out of place, he turned his attention to the berry sitting in front of him, scowling slightly at the sight of the Watmel. Yet another bad flavored breakfast...

It was a minute or two later, while Kester was stretching in the privacy of his hollow, when his ears twitched at the sound of voices, and angry ones, by the sound of it. Knowing the present company, it could just be an argument between two of them. Nevertheless... Sighing, he he quietly slipped out of his alcove and towards the entrance, staying in the shadows while forming the beginnings of a murky sphere of shadow.

Artemis watched Zrantox disappear, and sighed with relief. Her legs felt wobbly, and she remembered something and looked at the ground. The stone she'd hit her head on when she fell was gone. Smiling slightly, the Gallade motioned to George to follow her and returned home, battered and bleeding slightly, but alive.

Confused that the much-stronger oppenent fled, George stood still, stunned. He turned around to the Gallade, and started one of his infamous non-stop talking sprees.
"Hello, I think I've seen you before, but I'm not sure. Who are you? How are you?"
(Yes, he followed. I posted this the same time Eevee posted. I swear, it's a conspiracy.)

"Do you think we should go to Xaicra about this?"

I rounded on the Ghost pokemon. "Xaicra? Are you insane? Do you remember what happened the last time someone dropped in unannounced on Xaicra?"

The Gengar winced at the memory. "Okay, but this time, we'll make sure he's not sleeping when we come in."

"No. It's a bad idea. It's best I wait until the last light, and then I can find one of Dakrai's advisors to explain this to."

"You? You're going alone?"

"I was there. It was my assingment, therefore, it is my job to explain it."

"I'm Artemis. Remember, the Kirlia? I went for a walk and ran into that Dusknoir. We started fighting and I hit my head on this weird rock.. and evolved. I don't know how. I'm supposed to be this beautiful Gardevoir, and I'm.. this."
She shrugged sadly, looking at the blades on her elbows. She summoned a tiny amount of light and used it as a mirror. It looked like she was wearing a helmet, but part of it in front of her ears hung down like hair.
"Well, I suppose I should be grateful that at least I look somewhat like a girl."
The light Artemis was looking at floated apart and vanished.

I opened another portal, this one would go to my main chamber.

I wouldn't admit it, but I was actually quite surprised by how the Gallade had delfected my Shadow Attacks. This had been the first time in my memory where I'd been forced to reveal a part of my past, one that I'd prefer to keep hidden.

Of course, I'd revealed that tidbit to those who I was about to kill, but never had anyone who'd heard that information survived.

It troubled me.

The little Riolu was a little surprised by this. However, he got over it fairly quickly and began to chatter again.
"What? How'd you evolve? Why'd that ghost run away like that? Was it scared of me? Was it scared of YOU? Was it even scared? Are we th-"
George was cut off as he stumbled on a small rock. Regaining his balance, he continued the sentence.
"Are we there yet?"
He then (finally) breathed in for the first time since he talked, forcing him to pause.

Artemis giggled.
"Don't talk so slow! I guess the stone was a Dawn Stone, I'm assuming he ran because I started using light to attack, and I doubt he was scared of either of us."
She stopped, playing with her hair.
"Well, he may have been a bit scared of me. I don't know. And yes, we're here now."

Last edited:

How?! How was that Gallade able to conjure light? It doesn't make sense?

It could have been a Lightstruck, or one of the Descendents. That could be possible

That can't be! They were dying out after we... we...

No. I couldn't go there. Not again.

I refused to believe that i would have to revisit the nightmares that were brought about by my... past. Or rather, what i had done in that past.

Suddenly calmed by the presence of the base, George stopped talking and decided to look around and see if anyone else was around. After not seeing anyone in the exact same area, he decided to go inside and find something to eat. That berry just wasn't enough...

Artemis sat down by a pecha berry bush and ate some of the fruit. When she was done, she thought about the fight.
What was that light I was creating? I didn't know I could do that! He seemed freaked out by it. Hmm..
The Gallade held her hands parallel to each other and focused. A bubble of light formed and turned around and around. It looked like a tiny sun.
I wonder what I said when I created that explosion. It sounded like a different language. Why did I say it, whatever it meant?
She began forming the sphere of light into different shapes like clay, and thought.

Ryoko jumped up as he saw an odd greenish yellow ball of sorts appear out of nowhere in front of him. He had previously been in a battle between a large crew of Primeape Pirates and Ninja Caterpie. For the most the Primeapes had been defeating the scourge of the Caterpie, but then all of a sudden the Caterpie made a breakthrough and had managed to throw a bomb of sorts at their ship. Then just as quickly as Ryoko was about to kick said bomb out of the ship and back at the Ninja he woke up. With a ball shaped object in front of him. Meaning only one thing. He had just been in a dream world or the berry in front of him was a disguised bomb.

“ Wai ! “

Regardless he would kick it and run out of that particular room. Better to be safe and alive than bold and dead ; that was his motto. However perhaps he should of remembered that he wasn't the best of kickers. With a loud *thud* the berry he kicked recoiled at the wall and hit him on his large oddish face. Oh my.

Grin went for a run around the area after yelling at the imaginary Darkrai in the distance. Soon, he came upon another Gallade and a Riolu.

Quickly, he threw up his blade arms and questioned, "Alright, who are ya, and what are you doin' in my forest?" He grinned and tried to look manly and intimidating. Of course, it wasn't his forest. There wasn't even a forest. It was just a joke, but Grin was curious to see the strangers' reactions to this statement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom