• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

Re: The Darkest Hour- REMADE!

"No," I said, "THis is some nightmare of Darkrai's. You're dead. I killed you. I watched you die."

Even as I said those words I knew it was ridiculous. As part of the Hand, I was immune to Nightmares. Xaicra wasn't dead, however much i wished it otherwise.

"How..."

"How? It's quite simple. When you destroyed my spirit, shards of it flew out in all directions. SOme of those shards wound up inside your body. I could live. From there, it was a simple matter of clouding your thoughts so you wouldn't realize that you were leading your 'friends' to their death.""

"Very impressive," i said drily, "but it doesn't matter here, wherever 'here' is."

"What makes you say that?"

I made a sound resemblign laughter. "SImple. If you're inside me, then if I die, you die."

Xaicra laughed, which was still a terrible sound. "Not so, Zrantox, not so at all. As long as I'm in here, I can 'indirectly' influence you, as demonstrated by what happened. Maybe I can turn you against your allies, or-" he laughed once more- "Betray them to Darkrai the same way you betrayed the Lightstruck to us."

"How did you..."

Xaicra grinned. "Ddin't I tell you? From teh moment we met in Team Dark, I knew you'd be perfect fro my grand scheme."

Grin shifted slowly in his special cell and yawned. "What a good sleep. What was I gonna do? Oh, right. That." He sighed.

Darkrai must have set me here and not killed me because he needs me. After all, I was pretending to work with him. To think that Darkrai himself is becoming so powerless...

"Well, time to bust out." He thrusted a mighty kick at the aged cell bars, which luckily busted one... at which time he yelped in pain. "Wow, that hurt... a lot..."

Xaicra said nothing after that.

"So, Xaicra, now what will you do?" i said, "You survived to plot again, you have me right where you want me, I'm powerless- what now?"

Xaicra shrugged. "For now, nothing," he said, "I'm letting you live. You will soon awaken with your 'friends'. However, breathe a word about what you have just seen, and you won't be able to breathe anything ever again."

He then gestured. I felt the strange sensation once more, and then I awoke in a cell.

(Okely-Dokely)

Grin walked around Darkrai's headquarters stealthily, then knocking-out any guards he saw, until he came to a curious wall. I wonder why this certain section is painted a different color... Wait, if I look closely, it's see-through. Oh, it's a prison! And Team Light is there!" Grin rambled on excitedly. He felt around the strange wall, looking for a way in, until his arm slipped inside the wall.

"What the-!?" Grin smiled.

Cool...

I was very shaken by what I'd just seen. Xaicra lived on-in me- and there was nothing I could do about it. If I told anybody, he'd kill me, or worse- reveal the horrors that I'd commited.

This is greater than my leading the attack against the Ligthstruck, I told myself, This is...

No.

I cannot worry about that now. Now I have to focus on helping Team Light out of here.

Onko turned to someone who had fallen in. It was Grin!

"Oh, hi, Grin. Welcome back to our place. We're just devising a plan to get out of here. Might you know how?"

Grin chuckled. "Ha, well, seeing as how I just fell through a wall, I think I have a few ideas..." He walked back to the spot he had come in at, and went back through the wall into the hallway. Once he got there, he stuck his hand back into the cell and motioned for the others to follow.

Manmuu watched the Gallade and walked toward the mysterious space in the wall. "We have to get the others free first," he said to the partly-invisible Grin.

Grin came back. "Oh, right. I guess you guys would need my help, after all, I am pretty awesome..." He said, while flexing.

"So, what now?"

"We need to break the others out first," Onko said. "Manmuu is pretty good at it." She turned to the Mamoswine.

Understanding, Manmuu nodded and bashed into the cage holding Zrantox. Its front side broke apart, leaving enough room for the Dusknoir to float out. "I didn't want you to waste energy being transparent and floating out." The Mamoswine turned to Onko and nodded again.

"Artemis? Oh." Manmuu quickly broke out one wall of Artemis' cage. "I think we're done now."

I shook my head to clear my mind of the exhaustion. "Right then," i said, "What is your plan for getting out of here and to Darkrai's throne room?"

Privately, I hoped they wouldn't ask me to guide them. Now that Xaicra was inhabiting my mind, I could no longer trust my own judgement.

"We need to make sure that we have a strategy ready," I said, "We can't make any stupid mistakes now."

"Okay," Onko said. "When we get far enough, the army might attack us. When they do, you guys fight them off while I dash off to challenge Darkrai. Got it?"

Manmuu nodded and stomped quietly. "Yes. I'll fling them to the sides like the little evil pebbles that they are.
"Let me tell you all something. I have a feeling that Darkrai's minions aren't as tough as they seem. Apparently they are all just sissies." He stomped again.

"Their bark is worse than their bite," said Manmuu quickly. "That's what it means."

Back
Top Bottom