• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Darkest Hour (halfway through plot)

"Thanks," said Ispirit after finding out that Manmuu had the same answer.
Then, a roar came through the cave.

"Who enters the lair?!"

I said nothing as we entered the cave, right up until I heard the roar.

"Three guesses who that is," I said sarcastically.

Onko slapped her head. "I'm not in the mood for jokes right now, Zrantox." She took a few steps deeper, catching a glint of light off a pointy object, and apparently an eye.
What is that...?

"So...." the voice growled. "Who dares enter my lair?" The claw on the Pokemon's necklace glinted in the light of Onko's flames. "Why do you approach the Magma Lair?" The Pokemon stomped, causing a small earthquake. "I shall stay calm for now, but unless you have a good reason to be here I cannot do so."
Ispirit and Manmuu stayed silent. They didn't know what to say.

"Ah, Groudon," I muttered, "It seems like only yesterday I was having a conversation with your Hand about some problems in a marsh."

I didn't move at all; just floated warily, waiting for Groudon-or whoever that may have been- to strike. I knew that this could easily turn nasty in a few moments, even though I didn't exactly know how it could do so.

Grin grinned and and waltzed forward to Groudon. "Hello there, big beasty. I'm Grin, by name 'n nature. I'm a warrior of the Emberfist Academy, and I'm here for a warrior's duel. What say you?" Grin spoke in a mix of his usual slang and knightly sophistication.

Wait, what are we even here for again? Oh well...

Artemis hit herself in the face.
Grin..! calling Groudon "big beasty"? This can't end well.. What is he doing?
She felt like she should say something, maybe that Grin was very sick and hallucinating or something. She was pretty sure Groudon was going to attack them anyway, and Grin insulting him would probably make him want to rip them all to shreds. At least, he wouldn't be happy.
"Um, he's joking around. He didn't mean that at all, calling you that, right Grin?"
Artemis was speaking a deeper voice to sound like a male, but still sounded nervous, expecting Groudon to eat Grin at any moment.
Come on, agree with me, say you're very sick. Teleport, beg for mercy or something you idiot!

Last edited:
The skin above Kester's eye rose amusedly at Grin's antics, and privately started guessing how the 'big beasty' would react to Grin. Emberfist Academy? He had probably made that up, and even if he didn't, his tone of voice would doubtlessly rile whatever it was further than the state it was perpetually in.

With any luck, it'll maul him and we'll have one less Hand to deal with...three is three too many. Except...

No. That's not necessary. People will understand if I don't.
At any rate, he decided, he might as well stand back and let them deal with it while he looked on.

The large Pokemon looked at the two Gallades. "I don't care," it muttered, and swung its giant claw at Grin. "That comment wasn't very helpful anyway." The Pokemon laughed. "I am Groudon, guardian of this volcano. Tell me your purpose of being here."

"I speak for Team Light," Onko called. "I found this cave, and wanted to explore it. However, it seems that you already live here. But I have one more question to ask before we leave. Would we have your permission to live on the east side of this island?"

Groudon looked thoughtful. "I have no decision as of yet. For now, you may stay. I hear no harm in your voice, so I see no reason to force you out."

Grin quickly launched into the air to avoid Groudon's claw. "Whoah, easy there, beasty. It was a joke... unless you do wanna fight. 'Cause I'm ready!" He put up his dukes and looked Groudon directly in the eye.

"Calm down!" Onko whispered to Grin. She bowed her head to Groudon. "Goodbye for now. I hope to meet again." The Infernape turned her head to the rest of the Pokemon. "Let's go." She walked out of the cave and began the trek across the volcano.

Groudon bowed its head at Onko and shot a glare at Grin. "You may leave now."

Manmuu and Ispirit nodded and turned away, following after Onko.

Grin laughed and pointed at Groudon. "Ha, okay, I'll be waitin' ya coward!" He spun around and ran out of the cave. "Hey, Onko, why did we go there, again?"

"I was going to explore it," Onko reminded him. "But now we have to find a home elsewhere."
She turned her head to the rest of the team.
"Now we're going to walk half the circumference of the volcano." She shot up her hand in a fist. "ARE YOU READY?"

I followed Onko. "So do you think that there's somewhere in here that will provide shelter for us? I mean, what could happen if the volcano erupts?"

Groudon shot a playful Mud Shot at Grin. It was in a better mood now.

"I think so," answered Manmuu to Onko. "And Grin's right. Is something wrong?"

Back
Top Bottom