• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Eevee
Shadowmoon [F] Level 5 (Ability: Run Away)
Naive nature. A little quick tempered @ No item
- Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand
whoah! how'd you get that so early on? (no, don't tell me, i'll find out for myself i guess)

myself i'm using a bayleef, flaafy, furret, and suduwoodo.

VIXIE :D

Current location: Goldenrod City
Badges: 2

Team:

Lv16 Slowpoke F (Caspian)
Lv16 Wooper F (Baikal)
Lv19 Poliwag F (Superior)

go team~

Managed to beat Bugsy before bed. Alliteration!

So, my team now:

QUILAVA lv. 18
"Calcifer" | Timid nature | Male

BELLSPROUT lv. 17
"Raja" | Modest nature | Male

POLIWAG lv. 15
"Oolong" | Timid nature | Female

Poor Oolong's behind everyone else, so I put her on the pokewalker to make her feel better. Might take it along to school in my pocket tomorrow, just to see if anything actually cool comes from using it.

Just beat Kalin (the rival) at Burned tower. I'm currently trying to replicate my old team, and so far, this is what I've accomplished:

Croconaw: LV 23 (Just needs to fully evolve)
Growlithe: LV 21 (Not part of the original team, but I'm keeping him anyway)
Slowpoke: LV 19 (also needs to fully evovle, but into a Slowking)
Pidgeotto: LV 20 (A placeholder for another flyer)
Pichu: LV 30 (The spike eared Pichu)
Sudowudo: LV 20 (Placeholder for the sixth member of my old team, of whom I can't remember)

Oh, and I also hate the new game corner in Goldenrod

The local GameStop had an early opening scheduled at 9:00 AM. My friends and I got there at 8:47 AM and they were open. ^_^

So I picked Chikorita, my starter of choice from back then. And traded a Weedle for a Caterpie from the only one of my group of friends to get HG (He's given two of us Caterpies because we agreed Butterfree > Beedrill). And begun my adventure.

I must say, the 4th generation graphics engine makes things look so different that not much of the magic of Silver actually flowed back. =/ But it's a lot of fun nonetheless, everything else is as it should be, laid out such that I navigated Johto easily, whereas one of my memory-challenged friends got lost on the way to Violet.

I've beaten Falkner, gone through the Slowpoke well episode, and beaten my rival in Azalea. Have not so much as entered the gym yet, though.

Team:
Hoothoot F lv. 8
Bellsprout M Lv. 9
Rattata F Lv. 11
Butterfree F Lv. 13
Pidgey M Lv. 14
Chikorita M Lv. 14

And I must say, the Pokewalker is great. I can essentially play Pokemon without taking out the DS, netting myself free items, Pokemon, and levels by simply walking. I had lamented the whole morning how I would have to wait hours to catch Hoothoot (without cheating) and bam! One pops up on the walker.

One of my friends caught a Kangaskhan, though, and we all envy him now.

My Bellsprout played with my friends' Weedle and Rattata, and kicked both of their asses at running. That made my day.

Last edited:
Overnight update:

1) Fuck you, Milktank! With your Milk Drink, and the never ending Attract, and the fact that Paralysis works 50% of the time... BUT ONLY IF IT'S YOU WHO IS PARALYZED! Somehow I still beat that monster.
2) I had to deliver some guy's Spearow with mail. Thus, it's hidden behind my head in two of my photos. Why couldn't he just give me the mail?
3) I really, really suck at the Pokéathon. Must be because I suck with the stylus. Also, Gold/Hibiki/Ethan/whatever-you-call-him has amazing hat hair.
4) Skipped all of the trainers in National Park because I was too lazy. I'll come back for grinding sooner or later.
5) If I wanted that Sudowodoo, I would've caught it. Unfortunately, I do not and it was farmed for EXP.
5) And I saved on the route leading into Ecruteak.

I really want the "8-bit thing," as I call it, that lets you change the music back to the old game's style.
I haven't found it though, and I also need to know where to get the HM Fly.
Fly's in Cianwood. Talk to Chuck's wife.

The GB Player's in the Celadon Game Freak building.

how you guys lvl up so quick? I need my Mareep to lvl up!
I have about half my dream team for the game, but in their prevous stages:
MagaritaJasonFlora

3) I really, really suck at the Pokéathon. Must be because I suck with the stylus. Also, Gold/Hibiki/Ethan/whatever-you-call-him has amazing hat hair.

Which competition(s) did you try?

Gold's hat hair = <3

Last night I beat up to Morty and then went up the lighthouse, across the sea and back and beat Jasmine to a pulp. I recently caught a Chinchou with a rubbish nature and as such am using it to form babbies right now, that I may carry on to beat Chuck.
Time: 10:57
Badges: 5
Team:
Nile (Ampharos) lv 30
Orinoco (Quagsire) lv 27
Colorado (Magnemite) lv 27
HM Slave (Ratatta) lv Who Cares
Chinchou Egg lv 0

So I took my Pokewalker around with me to school today. Got plenty of watts and caught a couple of cool pogeys, highlights being Ponyta and Magby. I'll check them out when I get home. :]

Off to the Department store to prepare for my Morty Battle. I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE THE NEW GAME CORNER.

And what sucks is that you can't even buy coins anymore. THAT MEANS YOU HAVE TO PLAY THAT GOD AWFUL GAME THAT I SWEAR CHEATS AND UGGHGHGHG.

So yeah, maybe I'll see if my Apricorn Balls are in.

Which competition(s) did you try?

Gold's hat hair = <3

The speed ones. I accidentally skipped the directions for one (so it was my fault) and I can't flick to save my life. They are a lot more fun than contests are, though.

And his hair hair makes me want to reach into the game and hug him.

And so after I relax a bit, I'm going to go get my DS and play.

Try power and stamina. The block-breaking and circle-pushing ones (cba to look up English names) might be a little easier, though I doubt you'll like the soccer one if you're not fond of flicking games.

I haven't gotten there yet, but since I've seen his sprite, I can see why you guys like Gold's hat hair. o3o Strangely enough, that's what my hair looks like after a while. xP That is why I used it as a base for my trainer sprite, after all.

Current team:

Metooth (Totodile)
Level 10
Male

I am going to train him to death, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom