• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

I thought I was going to have to wait until the weekend for SS to get here but apparently not! Which would be awesome if I didn't have two huge projects to finish by midnight tomorrow! But I'm going to play anyway because I have no self-control like that, and maybe I'll actually be able to multitask properly and finish these websites at the same time.

...probably not but shhh that's why you turn in placeholder pages and finish stuff on the sly later!

Mmm, I love the smell of freshly-opened figurines in the evening.

...I would've pre-ordered if I had known I had money in my account. OTL Now I miss the Lugia figure. |( Not to mention I lost my Giratina figure so I could've made them fight. D:

Beat Falkner with my Pidgey and Cyndaquil :D. Then I went and got myself a Bellsprout, and currently I'm heading off to Union Cave.

Cyndaquil (F) Lv. 13
Pidgey (F) Lv. 15
Bellsprout (F) Lv. 12

I just beat Falkner with the fallowing team:

Flaro/Cyndaquil(M)
Hanara/Hoothoot(F)
Ghosto/Gastly(M)

Afterwards I caught a Mareep and hatched Togepi.

I'm going to run around and unlock the Urban Area on my Pokewalker. Also, try to get me a Magby if possible.

Anyways, two Spearow randomly joined my team earlier. I think if you send your Pokemon back to the DS cart, and the Pokewalker turns off, a Pokemon is more likely to join you than when you are just walking around with a Pokemon already on there.

I'm not getting mine till early April (economy shut your faces >|) but! Cousin of mine pre-ordered it. Both versions oddly enough. It is for trading purposes and no I can't have one damnit i tried but the figurines are nice. *strokes* And he got me playing a version for some head start thing hahaha

Oscar

Totodile, F, Femjaws
Lv 14/Quirky/Good Endurance

Bellsprout, M, Acid Trip

Lv 13/?/?

Hoothoot, M, Luna Dial

Lv 11/Brave/Likes to eat

Meowth, F, Dignity (sup platnium hatching, snagged hima shiny as a thank you or...something :v)

Lv 3/Serious/Likes to fight

Blew past first gym and I'm in Blaziking's boat.

About to fly over to Goldenrod to lay down the law on Team Rocket. Event Jirachi has become quite the beatstick with Psychic and Draco Meteor.

The Cat-and-Mouse hasn't been going too well, though. I figure I'll waste a day hunting down Raikou after I've gotten all 8 badges.

Team:

Feraligatr: LV 35
Jirachi: LV 32
Growlithe: LV 31
(Red) Gyarados: LV 30
Pidgeotto: LV 24
Slowpoke: LV 22

Bellsprout, M, Acid Trip

I love this. :p

I'm doing some level-grinding right now; Quilava and Poliwag are on level 20 and Bellsprout is around 19. Might just go ahead and evolve him while I'm training.

Tomorrow is the bug-catching contest and my opportunity for a Scyther! We'll see how that goes.

159.png

SQUEEEEE.

Just seven more levels, and it's rival fight time! Is level 25 too high for not even getting to my rival yet? OTL

I love the Bug-catching contests; I was elated that they carried it over from the other game.

Nothing really changed for me, except I evolved two Pokémon to get Nidorino and Flaaffy so I could do better at those fun Pokéathlons. Sudowoodo is GREAT at the block-breaking game.

Also, Envy is level 26, Hanabi is level 24 and Yasha's at level 25, and I'm sitting in the Burned Tower as I write this. Kind of a boring status report; I've been training Pokéathlon Pokémon all day.

So I just finished playing for the night, and I probably won't get a chance to play again until sometime tomorrow night (stupid jazz band ><). I arrived at Goldenrod, and I got incredibly addicted to that Voltorb flip game, which is weird since overall I don't like it that much. So I spent about an hour on that, and now I'm training everyone up for Whitney. She should be pretty easy because, somehow, out of the 12 Pokemon I've captured thus far, only two have been male (a Pidgey and the Togepi). That means that Attract won't work. So here's my current team.

Slowpoke Lv. 15 (F)
Bellsprout Lv. 18 (F)
Quilava Lv. 20 (F)
Kenya (Spearow) Lv. 20 (F)

Slowpoke is being used for nostalgia purposes. My first time going through Silver entirely I had a Slowpoke that got infected with PokeRus, so I like Slowpoke because of that. Bellsprout and Quilava for type coverage, and I love them, and Kenya...I'm kind of on the fence about using it. I'm either going to use that (because it counts as being a traded Pokemon, so it levels up faster), or I'm going to wait until much later to get a Skarmory. I might end up using Sudowoodo, but probably only for the Pokethlon.

Tomorrow I'm going to participate in the Bug-catching contest for the hell of it, defeat Whitney, and check out the Pokethlon, so that I can try and get a Leaf Stone for Bellsprout much much later.

Beat Whitney! Pretty cool battle, though Miltank was a pain in the ass. It went something like this:

Miltank comes out. Hypnosis with Poliwag, wtf Lum Berry?, hypnosis again, switch to Quilava, spam with smokescreen until Quilava gets attract'd, switch back to Poliwag, repeat Hypnosis, switch back to Quilava and spam smokescreen more, Miltank's accuracy is about as low as it'll go but it's still landing hits, Quilava gets attract'd again, switch to Weepinbell and use Sleep Powder because Poliwag's HP is low, Weepinbell gets attract'd in the process, Flame Wheel with Quilava some until Miltank knocks him out, switch to Poliwag and use some potions, Miltank has finally started missing, Body Slam paralyzes Miltank, Stomp is finally out of PP yay, Miltank almost knocked out, SUPER POTION FUCK YOU WHITNEY, have to redo all my damage, Miltank starts using Milk Drink too, Miltank finally stays paralyzed long enough, awesome battle-winning critical hit woo!

QUILAVA lv. 20
"Calcifer" | Timid nature | Male

WEEPINBELL lv. 21
"Raja" | Modest nature | Male

POLIWAG lv. 22
"Oolong" | Timid nature | Female

I'll wait until tomorrow to move on.

To round out my team finally, I call on a friend's help to find a Shellder. After I finish this trade, I shall liberate Osaka Goldenrod City from the foul clutches of Team Rocket! Which is so foul because its clutches restrain the wonderful tunes that Buena broadcasts every night from 2 until 3 AM. Seriously, I love that tune.

Time: 18:00
Badges: 7
Team:
Nile (Ampharos) 32
Orinoco (Quagsire) 30
Yangtze (Lanturn) 30
Colorado (Magnezone) 33
Daugava (Shellder) 12
HM Slave (Level 56, because I was out of old Skarmories)
It's a pity your shellder was caught by someone who loves Team Rocket. :(

Going to go fight Lambda~

Beat Chuck, rather easy. Healed Amphy, unlocked Safari Zone. Toto evolved into a Feraligatr. A Hoppip that I left at the Daycare leveled up 24 levels(!) and is now level 30, so I replaced my Geodude with it to evolve it into Jumpluff.

AND SQUEEEE YOU CAN FIND FARFETCH'D ON ROUTE 48! And Tauros as well.

Also, Zubat evolved into Golbat, and almost immediately after that into Crobat. So far, two of my Pokemon(Crobat and Togetic) match my Platinum team around this point.

And...I don't think my team is turning out like I planed, cept for Toto and my Togetic(which I named Togesome![Togepi and Awesome]), but oh well. I wasn't going into this game expecting to plan my team anyways.

It's a pity your shellder was caught by someone who loves Team Rocket. :(

Going to go fight Lambda~
Hey, I'm sayin', woulda been no big deal if they didn't scare everyone out of the Underground and stop Buena's Password from getting broadcasted and stop me from entering the lottery or tradin' on the GTS. I woulda been fine, really.

So in other news, I'm fighting toward Clair(e?) and zappin' all the Seadras I see and Aurora Beaming all else. At least when I'm not training elsewhere. Hope to be at at least Victory Road by Wednesday.

Badges: 7
Time: 22:30
Team:
Yangtze (Lanturn) 33
Orinoco (Quagsire) 32
Daugava (Cloyster) 33
Colorado (Magnezone) 33
Nile (Ampharos) 34
SLAVE (Skarmory HM Slave) 56

Last edited:
Woot! Caught a Magby on the Pokewalker. Not like it matters since I found Magmar at the Safari Zone...but still! Now I'm going to try and catch me an Elekid on the Walker.

Still don't have it. D:

If only someone would give me a ride. <.< And I don't feel like walking twenty two miles SO GIMME A RIDE, DAMN SIBLINGS/PARENTS/OTHER! I'm late for making a release video! o\_/o

Just caught a Scyther! Thankfully didn't take as long as I was expecting, although I did settle for Brave nature just because I didn't want it to take forever.

Now I think I'll stock up on items before heading toward Ecruteak. c:

I just beat the Kimono Girls, and I'm off to battle Lugia now. Clair sucked.

Time: 26:16
Badges: 8
Pokemon
Nile (Ampharos) 36 (My lovely wall against those awful awful Dragonairs.)
Daugava (Cloyster) 35
Orinoco (Quagsire) 36
Colorado (Magnezone) 36
Yangtze (Lanturn) 35
SLAVE (Skarmory HM Slave) 56

Haha, I totally just swept SilverKokoro. It was awesome. Also, my team:

[Gekkou] Eevee (M) @ Soothe Bell

Lv10/Bashful/Somewhat stubborn

-Tail Whip
-Headbutt
-Helping Hand
-Sand-Attack