• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Well, it took forever and a day, but I was finally able to capture Latias and the Legendary birds. With that in mind, I obtained the Blue Orb and made my way to the Embedded Tower.

Now here's where things get slightly interesting:

I go into the tower and begin the battle with Kyogre (with awesome battle music, might I add) And after whitling down his health into the red zone with Raikou, I toss out my very first Dusk Ball and it catches him. I caught Kyogre in no more than three turns.

So, astonished by this, I go to the nearest Pokemon Center to withdraw him, and I found out that he's Modest. I was able to capture a Modest Kyogre in just one Dusk Ball

And with that, I'm down to one legendary, that legendary being Suicune. I'll probably tackle it later tonight or tomorrow

Mmkay, so Lance's level 50 Dragonite can OHKO every single one of my Pokemon with Outrage.

:|

ETA: beat him! :D

Last edited:
Just beat Morty. Managed to nab a Magmar from the burned tower and used him to both A) wtfpwn all the trainers in Morty's gym and B) catch Worf (the Magmar) up to the rest of my team, level-wise. Thought Morty would be easy as well. Then his Gengar was all like "lol shadow ball" up in my shit and one shot two of my dudes. Luckily I stocked up on Full Heals, Super Potions, and Revives beforehand so I managed to get him.

My Dudes:

Magmar
Worf
level 22

Flaafy
Lurpak
level 22

Slowpoke
Chet
level 22

Pidgeotto
:talking:
level 22

Geodude
Struvite
level 22

Need to work on getting them higher before I go anywhere else, though. I'm going to get them all to 25, methinks, then head out. Also, using starters is for suckers amirite.

tl;dr Me and Magmar - Broz 4 Life

Last edited:
Whoo! Progressing well, this game is awesome. I love the remixed Azalea Town music.

Pokédex: 21
Time: 6:42

Adachi -- Zubat, m, Level 14
Tam Lin -- Wooper, m, Level 13
Kanji -- Flaaffy, m, Level 16
Zuko -- Quilava, m, Level 16

No females so far... P4 and Avatar covered but I still need a Buffy nickname! I have WAY too much fun with giving my Pokemon names. XD

I was going to train a Gastly called Illyria buuuuut... I can't be bothered anymore for some reason. I desperately want a Scyther though.

Okay, got my Lugia. I didn't save yet, looking for input from you guys.

Its name ('her' because I want to.) is Lluvia.
Her stats:

Her nature: Mild

Veekun says she's got a 0-2 HP and speed IV, and her Sp.Attack and Sp.Def IV's are both around 22. The rest are 9-11 for Attack and 7-8 for Defense.
Do I keep her, or reset and try again?

I realized that I haven't updated with my team for a while now. :/

Soulsilver Take 2:
Lv. 37 Fang the Feraligatr
Lv. 38 Billy the Electrode (In-game trade, hence the bad name)
Lv. 36 Kangaskhan
Lv. 37 Seabiscuit the Ponyta
Lv. 37 Schizo the Dodrio

So, I'm off to Tohjo Falls and that route and stuff. I intend for everyone to be roughly Lv. 40 before the E4, and I will make sure that Seabiscuit is evolved before heading there. Thankfully, I have 5 unused Rare Candies to help me out there.

Ok, I just got the game a few hours ago, so I'm just entering Violet City

My Team

Totodile lvl 9
Modest, Torrent
Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Rage
Hoothoot lvl 5
Brave, Insomnia
Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis
Geodude lvl 4
Modest, Sturdy
Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud Sport
Spinarak lvl 4
Careful, Insomnia
Poison Sting, String Shot
Rattata lvl 4
Lax, Guts
Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

For some reason they are all female

Okay, got my Lugia. I didn't save yet, looking for input from you guys.

Its name ('her' because I want to.) is Lluvia.
Her stats:

Her nature: Mild

Veekun says she's got a 0-2 HP and speed IV, and her Sp.Attack and Sp.Def IV's are both around 22. The rest are 9-11 for Attack and 7-8 for Defense.
Do I keep her, or reset and try again?

If you're not planning on doing any serious competitive training with it then it doesn't matter; if you are going to be serious about it, I'd try again. Low defense and HP are not Lugia's friends.

...incidentally, my lugia has a perfect IV in speed and special defense, an IV of 30 or so in HP and everything else save for one stat I forget was decent. :D It's neutral-natured (just like almost everything I seem to have caught >>;), but it felt wrong to throw out so many nice IVs. Eh, I can always get a "better" one when I redo HeartGold (or XD, for that matter) if I decide I'm really feeling that picky.

Anyway! Beat the E4 the other day. My politoed is a lesser god (he would've been a major god if blizzard hadn't missed Lance's dragonite multiple times before finally killing them). Hm... actually, seems like it's usually a water-type of some sort that totally saves my ass against the E4 these days. Just about to get the radio card expansion, then comes training and going through the gyms in order.

...don't feel like posting my team, actually, but everyone's either level 42 or 43 now.

ETA: wtf is up with this guy in the Cerulean-Vermilion Underground Path? "Don't be afraid. I'm not a bad person. A place like this... attracts mean people. They would eventually cause trouble. That's why Uncle Rage is watching for such things... The echo at the Underground Path is... amazing..."

stranger danger Lyra run the fuck away

Last edited:
Oh good, I'm not alone. In both of my files, almost every Pokemon I captured was female.

Me too! My entire team is female except for Tamwyn, who by the way, FINALLY EVOLVED!

In other news, I have beaten the Elite[strike]4[/strike]5 with a team of level 38's, plus Lluvia my Lugia, who I finally got in a Quick Ball. Now I'm making my way to Cinnabar because the music is AWESOME!

Going at it with Falkner right now.

Party:
Bellsprout (FINALLY A MALE) lvl 7
Vine Whip, Growth

Rattata lvl 8
Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Focus Energy

Hoothoot lvl 8
Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis

Geodude lvl 8
Tackle, Defense Curl, Mud Sport, Rock Polish

Spinarak lvl 8
Poison Sting, String Shot, Constrict

Todo the Tododile lvl 11 (HOLY CRAP I JUST REALIZED FEMALE STARTER)
Scratch, Leer, Water Gun, Rage

So I'm going along quite happily until I realize Pigeotto sucks. Gust till level 37 and no good flying-type TMs is so cool. So now I'm back in the greater Goldenrod area training up a Zubat. Once he's up to the rest of the team, Imma challenge the fighting guy, the the steel girl, then the ice guy. Also, finally evolved my Flaafy so I've finally got one of my "dream team". Just waiting for Chet to evolve now.

My Dudes

Ysosrs (Zubat) level 19
Chet (Slowpoke) level 28
Worf (Magmar) level 27
Struvite (Graveler) level 28
Lurpak (Ampharos) level 30

Pffft just encountered Raikou. Paralyzed him for a later date. I'll hunt him down when I can be arsed.

Lagan [Quilava] lv 26

Goethe [Slowpoke] lv 26

Fritz [Gastly] lv 25

Tankjazz [Magnemite] lv 23

Ryce (sorry Mike) [Meowth] lv 22

So, I've got both now, and here I go with my status updates~

HeartGold

[Horror] Croconaw (F) Lv.30
[Hoor] Noctowl (F) Lv. 25
[Hassan] Raticate (M) Lv. 24
[Harmonica] Flaaffy (F) Lv.25
[Huguenot] Growlithe (M) Lv.14
[Hydroid] Wooper (M) Lv.6

So I've just beat Morty, and I'll be training Huguenot to the level of the rest of my team. Hydroid is there for Surf and Whirlpool, since special moves on Horror won't work so well. She also happens to be Impish in nature, which, I think, isn't so bad for only in-game use. I won't be using Hydroid - I had only planned a five-Pokémon team anyway~

SoulSilver

[Stark] Quilava (M) Lv.32
Machop (F) Lv.16
Doduo (F) Lv.13
Psyduck (F) Lv.15
Sentret (F) Lv.13
Venonat (M) Lv.11

So I'm at the same point as in HeartGold, but here I decided to allow my starter to take the spotlight. He also just happened to be Adamant in nature, so only physical moves for him. I also haven't gotten around to nicknaming them yet - I've been too lazy and I've kept forgetting to visit the Name Rater when I pass through Goldenrod. I couldn't name them immediately, because I caught them all in the Pokéwalker. A close friend of mine named Stark for me - he said, "Stark...as in, Stark Mountain~"

As notes for both games, I plan on transferring my teams to Platinum when they're fully evolved so I can teach them some Move Tutor moves before the E4. Also, I've found myself to be obsessed with Voltorb Flip game, and trying to beat my record so much, to the point that I pulled an all-nighter just trying to get past Level 7. I've yet to try a Bug-Catching Contest, though I will tonight (in both), since it's Tuesday. I've also found myself repeatedly trying to beat my records in the Pokéathlon as well.

Last edited:
Caught Suicune a few days ago, so I've spent yesterday... doing nothing really. Just enjoying the game itself.

Though when I was walking with Raikou yesterday, something very weird did happen: I was looking for some Shiny leaves, so I was talking to Raikou at frequent intervals. At one point, when I did this, Raikou's sprite spun around, a little speech bubble appeared over Raikou with a heart in it, and then the following message showed up:

"Raikou suddenly hugged you!"

Am I the only one who finds the idea of a pokemon like Raikou hugging strange? Probably.

Currently starting a new game since I got tired of struggling against the E4. Currently soft-resetting for a female Totodile.

Last edited:
Recent situation:
Me: (listens to radio) Mary-"THERE'S QWILFISH ON ROUTE 32~!"
Me: Cool! Let's go! *flies to Violet City*
*running through grass* "Da-na-na-na-na...~"
Me: Darnit, stupid encounter.
A WILD RATTATA APPEARED!
Me: Crap.
*CHING SPARKLE SPARKLE*
Me: HOLY CRAP SHINY SHINY! *throws Love Ball*
Rattata was caught!
Me: SHHHHIIIINNNNYYYYY~