• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people in Australia these days are raised with abuse and divorce D:

My parents divorced and it took them 2 and a half years to finally finish the settlement. This leads me to believe that marriage is useless and only costs you a shitload in the end :/

We're being raised with a mix here. GET MARRIED YOU HAVE TO IT'S THE ONE GOAL IN LIFE with SO MANY PEOPLE GET DIVORCED, YOU OVER THERE! YOU'RE LIKELY TO GET DIVORCED!

I think people just tend to make up their own ideas about marriage because of that. xD

Aww, but not everyone gets divorced and the ones who do don't always break up like that. My parents divorced really painlessly and they're still good friends, even though he lives in another country and only gets to see us a few times a year.

We're being raised with a mix here. GET MARRIED YOU HAVE TO IT'S THE ONE GOAL IN LIFE with SO MANY PEOPLE GET DIVORCED, YOU OVER THERE! YOU'RE LIKELY TO GET DIVORCED!

I think people just tend to make up their own ideas about marriage because of that. xD

Aww, but not everyone gets divorced and the ones who do don't always break up like that. My parents divorced really painlessly and they're still good friends, even though he lives in another country and only gets to see us a few times a year.

I'm glad my dad left because he's a fat *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* though he caused us nothing but crap for the whole time.

I don't think I'd ever get married unless it made sense. I mean, I just don't think I have the ability to make that sorta commitment... hurr.

I'd get married if my boyfriend really wanted it but I have no special desire to do so myself.
(plus the wedding'd be kinda awkward. hi mum n dad :v)

I'd get married if it's what my boyfriend wanted. I don't really care, although it would be nice to have a "husband" rather than a "boyfriend."

Oh, wait. I don't have that in Britain. He'll be my "civil partner." Fuck that.

I hate civil partners so much. The government could at least have marriage and civil partnerships under one umbrella term, like just 'unions' or whatever. 'Different but equal' is really stupid and offensive.

Plus, you can't call your partner 'husband' or 'wife', what are you supposed to say, 'my civil partner'? >_> 'Partner' makes it sound like you're not married.

Oh, wait. I don't have that in Britain. He'll be my "civil partner." Fuck that.
I got a bit peeved at an article in this month's Attitude (yeah I know leave me alone). They usually have this feature where two people argue for or against a specific cause or issue (MSM donating blood, hillary vs obama way back, etc), and this month it happened to be 'Is Pride Still Relevant?', which was all in all a good article with good arguments from both sides.
But one thing that annoyed me was that both the guys said 'well now that we in britain have equal rights it seems a bit silly blablabla' but you British gays aren't equal. I hope it was just these guys and not a widespread belief in Britain that homosexuals should content themselves with shitty 'civil unions that are actually the same thing as marriages but have different names because ewww poofs ): '

no it's a widespread thing. nobody cares that we can't get married because we can get a civil partnership. "there are more important things to worry about" is a popular one.

yeah this is my argument. maybe I will campaign about it or something idk. ben summerskill is talking about it I think.

Know what's weird? The more comfortable I'm getting to be with my male self, the more self-conscious I'm getting. I mean not so much in how my body looks, I don't really care, but that I can't exercise and gain muscle mass as a teenage boy should. That plus the asthma really fucks me up, because I love exercise and it's part of my mental image of boyverne so I'm yeah. Sigh.

It sucks but that's the card you got dealt! I guess it's just something you have to come to terms with. I mean, you can build muscle - look at female body builders. I'm trying to be helpful but I don't think I actually am :(

sorry

My uncle has huge body image issues because he works out a lot and he still looks pudgy. I mean like he is mostly muscle and so on but he still ... looks pudgy. Cisgender guys have issues with that a lot, too. :/

My uncle has huge body image issues because he works out a lot and he still looks pudgy. I mean like he is mostly muscle and so on but he still ... looks pudgy. Cisgender guys have issues with that a lot, too. :/

Hey guys guess what I got in the mail today (along with many others but).
img3488y.jpg

teehee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom