• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Much Talked-about Zelda RPG

Vriska Serket

Yeah!!!!!!!!
Because nobody seems to want to make it despite all the people who talked about it in the guestbook while the forums were down. :/

Three years ago, Vaati was trapped in the Palace of Winds after his plan to trap the maidens and fill the world with Shadow Links failed. Without Shadow Link or any of the monsters under his command, Vaati knew that his only chance of escaping was in one man - Ganon, who had previously been trapped in the Dark World by Zelda and the four Links. Using all of his magic, Vaati brought Ganon back, and Ganon, not keen on being defeated and trapped in the Dark World again, freed Vaati. The two quickly launched an attack on Hyrule Castle and easily won. Vaati only got a small portion of Hyrule land, but knew well enough not to complain much.

Ganon's first course of action as king was to take any Kokiri who would surrender to him as prisoners, and then to burn the forest down, likely hoping to be rid of the threat of the Hero of Time. Few escaped. Vaati traveled to Minish Woods and killed each and every Minish he could find by hand, likely out of hatred for his origins as one, and they are now thought to be extinct. Vaati also traveled to Lake Hylia and attempted to dispose of the Zora, but they quickly fled through an underwater tunnel out into the ocean, where Vaati eventually gave up the search. The Gerudo remain the least changed of all this, and none are harmed unless Ganon finds them dangerous or they attempt to cross the border - Ganon still keeps a close watch on them and prevents them from leaving the desert, however. The Gorons, Rito, Sheikah and Poes are fairly okay at the moment, but it is widely thought that Ganon is already planning to launch an attack on them, too.

There are a few members from each race that think there is a way out of this darkness, however - a few that hope for freedom...

Races
Hylian - The once-dominant race of Hyrule, they are humans and tend to wear fairly 'average' clothes. Nothing too unusual. The knights wear armor of varying colors. They once lived in Castle Town, the town surrounding Hyrule Castle at the center of Hyrule, but those that wouldn't surrender to Ganon and were lucky enough to escape his attack scattered widely around Hyrule. Some have even moved in with other races. Those that stayed have become slaves to Ganon.

Kokiri - Mostly humanoid creatures, one trait aside - they never grow up. They tend to wear simple plain-green clothing. They used to live in Kokiri Forest, and couldn't leave or a mysterious force would cause them to die, but when the forest was burned down by Ganon, the mysterious force seemed to vanish. Most of them scattered around to whatever hiding places they could find in Hyrule Field.

Goron - Bulky brown mountain creatures that tend to have several sharp rocks sticking out of their backs. They usually wear nothing more than a simple rag for a loincloth. They're the strongest in terms of muscle of all races in Hyrule, and can survive extreme temperatures. They haven't been taken over by Ganon yet, but this isn't likely to last for long...

Zora - They're humanoid in terms of the shape of their body, but they have fish-like gills, scales, and fins. They don't wear any clothing at all, aside from the occasional armor, necklace, and earring. They previously lived in a half-submerged cave in Lake Hylia, but fled through an underwater tunnel and scattered into the ocean when Vaati attacked, escaping virtually unharmed. Vaati then took the cave they used to live in as his base of operations.

Minish (Picori) - They're mostly humanoid, aside from the fact that they're the size of an ant. They tend to wear green clothing and red hats, but a few of them wear different colors. They're known to other species as Picori, but prefer to call themselves Minish. Only the ones that found the very best hiding places in Minish Woods managed to survive Vaati's attack, and almost everyone thinks that they are extinct. Most of the surviving ones have befriended small monsters in order to move around quicker through the huge woods around them, and to be a bit more prepared should Vaati attack again. They can use some magic.

Gerudo - A tribe of humans living in Gerudo Desert, they tend to have dark skin and wear 'desert' clothing - a few light robes and the like. Ganon was the only man born in the Gerudo tribe in 100 years, (which is actually quite disturbing) so by applying common logic, you won't be a male if you choose for your race to be Gerudo. Sorry.

Sheikah - A group of humans living in Kakariko Village, they have yet to be attacked by Ganon, likely due to their distance from Castle Town. They're easily recognizable by their white hair and red eyes, and the Sheikah "eye with a tear drop" emblem they usually wear. Very few are aware that they are descendants of the Sheikah. They swore loyalty to the royal family of Hyrule long ago, but since few are aware that they are even Sheikah in the first place, nobody's trying to help Castle Town, and those that are aware are suffering at the fact that there's not much they can do to help.

Rito - Living even higher up on Death Mountain than than the Gorons, the Rito are humanoid but have bird's beaks, feathers, and wings. Most wear simple red or white robes. They run the postal service in Hyrule, which has been useful so far for getting information to and from distant areas without getting caught by soldiers. They aren't able to fly until they're adults and obtain a scale from Valoo, the dragon sitting at the very top of Death Mountain.

Poe - The ghosts of dead Hylians, they're scattered all around Hyrule but the highest concentration of them is found in Kakariko Graveyard. Their skin is pitch-black and they tend to wear a few rags as a hood. They're usually quite mischievous and play pranks on the Sheikah - like setting their village on fire.

A map.

The form:

Name:
Race: (Please note that if you're a Rito, you must be young enough so that you won't be able to fly yet. You may be able to return to Death Mountain later in the RPG so that you can get a scale from Valoo and be able to fly.)
Appearance: (Try to match the race you've chosen somewhat, please.)
Personality:
Weapon: (Gorons can choose to simply use their fists, while Minish and Poes can use magic.)
Backround Information: (If you're a Hylian or a Kokiri, be sure to include where you went after your home was destroyed.)
*OPTIONAL add-on for Minish only*
Befriended Monster: (Not much bigger than an Octorok, please.)
Monster's Name:
Monster's Personality:

Mine:

Name: Starr.
Race: Minish.
Appearance: He wears a dark blue robe that has several stains from the magic potion ingredients he carries. He has short, jet-black hair, but it's covered by his pointy gray-and-white striped hat, of course.
Personality: Friendly, but commonly forgetful and confused. He always seems troubled, and often causes everyone around him a lot of problems without knowing it. He's best at healing spells because they're much simpler than other spells and usually only require him to brew a potion.
Weapon: Magic. (Best at healing.)
Backround Information: His sister, Sparkle, surrendered to Vaati when he attacked Minish Woods, and was taken prisoner. He's been living almost completely secluded from the other Minish ever since. He hopes to find and rescue her, as soon as he can figure out a safe route to the lake.
Befriended Monster: Blue Chu-chu.
Monster's Name: Sticky.
Monster's Personality: Sticky's friendly, if a bit odd and unreadable. Sticky practically forced Starr to ride him the day Sticky found him, ramming into Starr and leaving him sticking to his goo until they got to the edge of the woods - the only edge of the woods that was currently unguarded by soldiers. That was the day Starr started forming his route to Lake Hylia, where Sparkle was hopefully being held. Had it not been for Sticky, Starr might have stayed mourning in that tree stump forever.

Last edited:
I don't really know all that much about them, but if you can provide information on them (general fashion sense, where they live, etc.) then I'll probably add them to the list of available races.

Sure!
They're a race that's a lot like Hylians. (And look like ninjas (<<) (>>)) They always have red eyes and white hair. Dress mostly like Hylians, (I think) and there are few of them left. They swore loyalty to the Royal family and protected them, and live in Kakariko village. This is about them, if it helps. I'm bad at explaining stuff. http://www.zeldawiki.org/Sheikah

Wow! Awesomeness.

Name: Miamik
Race: Picori
Appearance: he is a young Picori, with untidy, dark blue hair covered mostly by an overlarge violet pointed hat. He wears a light blue tunic and large green shoes.
Personality: He is bright and optimistic, and somewhat hyper. He likes roaming around the woods with Xylo, the Deku he befriended. Sometimes he is clumsy and a little annoying.
Weapon: He is best at Illusion-creating magic, but can use other types too.
Backround Information: he lost his family in Vaati's attack and has lived since in a small house he build in a gap between two tree roots. He does not know many other Picori. He is currently looking to find any other of his kind, be they his family, friends or not.

Befriended Monster: Xylo
Monster's Name: Deku scrub
Monster's Personality: Xylo is curious and loves exploring. Sometimes he is overly protective of Miamik, but Miamik doesn't mind. Xylo wants to help his Picori companion in his aim to find more Minish.

Name: Ina
Race: Sheikah
Appearance: she has white hair that goes slightly past her shoulders. She keeps it in braids all the time. Her eyes are bright red, which is creepy to most people when they see her. Wears a long white dress with the Sheikah symbol on it, with long black pants that look sort of like sweatpants and a dark blue cape. She has a lot of freckles, and looks like a little kid, though some think she looks like a vampire. She has a huge, white feather in her hair that always looks like it's about the fall, as if it is heavy.

Personality: Is usually happy and optimistic, but looks sad and worried even if she isn't. Is serious when she needs to be, and isn't easily scared. Extremely friendly with anyone she trusts, but is very shy and quiet around strangers.

Weapon: A plain wooden shield, and a bow and arrows, which she is extremely good with. Has a flute that she plays a lot, and occasionally hits people with it. Good at blending in and hiding, then attacking when they don't expect it. Can use some magic, but not a lot. The feather in her hair is actually a knife, hidden so it doesn't look like one.

Background Information: She was with the other Sheikah and safe, but mad because she couldn't do anything to help. Frustrated and tired of hiding, Ina left, determined to stop Ganon or find others that were going to so she could help.

Last edited:
There are many more great races that you could add, Cinderpelt:

Anouki: First appearing in Phantom Hourglass, Anouki are Ice Climber-like in appearance (short with furry coats), but they have penguin-like flippers and thin antlers. They live in the coldest regions of Hyrule.
Deku Scrubs: Small wooden people who live in many areas, though their main home is in the swamps. They can run on water, fly using flower-like propellers, and shoot Deku Seeds and Magic Bubbles from their mouths.
Oocca: First appearing in Twilight Princess, these are small creatures with cucco-like bodies but Hylian-like heads. The Oocca are an ancient race, though they are still alive today. They live in highly-advanced flying cities in the sky, and they actually created the Hylians, though few people know about them. Then again, few people know about the Minish.
Rito: A bird-like people from Wind Waker who live on the high mountains of Hyrule. It was believed that they evolved from Zoras, but Phantom Hourglass, which takes place after Wind Waker, shows that Zoras are still alive during the Great Sea era. The reason why they aren't seen in other games? Simple: they didn't come down from their mountains that often.
Shiekah: A ninja-like race who are loyal to the royal line of Hylians. They have red eyes and live in Kakariko villiage.
Yooks: First appearing in Twilight Princess and later in Phantom Hourglass, the Yooks are Yeti-like in appearance with white fur, tails, and goat-like horns and can range greatly in size, from the human-sized Yooks in Phantom Hourglass to the massive Yeto, who lived with his wife Yeta in the mansion in Twilight Princess.

I suggest that you add at least a few of these (especially the Rito, since that's what I wanna be!). And by the way, I think that the small elf-like creatures call THEMSELVES Minish, while Picori is what OTHERS call them.

Exo-Raikou: The Garo are rather...insignificant compared to the other races here, and didn't they only appear in Termina anyways?

Eevee: Why didn't you wait for me to add the Sheikah to the first post? Your registration is a bit off with how the Sheikah are now...

Castform: Accepted.

Eeveeon25: X_x You can't honestly expect me to incorporate all of those into the story, can you? The Rito likely did evolve from Zora, and Phantom Hourglass takes place on a sea in an alternate dimension or something, iirc. And having a character who can fly would be a bit unbalanced, anyways.

I get the slightest feeling Zora of Termina is going to want to join this. Can't imagine why.. =P And, sorry. I'll change it. D:

Exo-Raikou: The Garo are rather...insignificant compared to the other races here, and didn't they only appear in Termina anyways?

Eevee: Why didn't you wait for me to add the Sheikah to the first post? Your registration is a bit off with how the Sheikah are now...

Castform: Accepted.

Eeveeon25: X_x You can't honestly expect me to incorporate all of those into the story, can you? The Rito likely did evolve from Zora, and Phantom Hourglass takes place on a sea in an alternate dimension or something, iirc. And having a character who can fly would be a bit unbalanced, anyways.

You do have a point there.

Though if you chose to make Poes an option, i'd join

Accepted, Eevee.

Edit: Eh, whatever, I added both the Rito and the Poe to the first post. I'm not all that likely to add any more races, though.

Last edited:
I get the slightest feeling Zora of Termina is going to want to join this. Can't imagine why.. =P And, sorry. I'll change it. D:
I WONDER WHY :B *points at username* *shot in the head*

Name: Raisu
Race: Zora (Oh jeez who saw that coming :B)
Appearance: Well, she IS like any regular Zora, except for a bit of an oddity. The entire back of her head (If this includes the fish-tail things they had in OoT it'd be great) is a deep blue, and from a distance it almost looks like she has hair. Other than that, she has a bright silver necklace that she does her best to not take off. Also wears a belt with the sheath for a shortsword.
Personality: Wild. She's an adventure-lover. If there's action and she's nearby, she'll at least want to see it. She also likes to cause trouble, and lives for a good prank. But she's also very loyal, and to anyone she trusts she will defend to the death. She's a bit peeved at Ganon and Vaati for uprooting her from her home.
Weapon: She keeps a shortsword strapped to her waist. Would also like to learn how to shoot an arrow, but she doesn't own a bow.
Backround Information: Before the attack, she was born (Hatched? Spawned?) into a very regal family. Of course, said family was constantly disappointed in her for her love of adventure and distaste for fine things. And that was why her father gave her the shortsword she wears, shortly before the attack. The necklace she wears is from her mother, who disappeared after the attack, and she cherishes it. Most of her family remained intact after they escaped except for her mother, and they still do not know if she is dead or alive. Raisu's main goal, other than getting back her home, is to try to find her.

Sweet!

Name: Spiriah
Race: Poe
Appearance: His "cloak" is more of a dark grey, while his hood is a sickly red. Like all poes, his hands are also ragged and Skeletal
Personality: Spriah isn't one to work in groups, and doesn't trust anyone either. He is cold, bordering on rude, when he talks.
Weapon: His weapon is a Scepter which he uses to amplify hsi two magic powers: Fire and the ability to corrode any inanimite object he can see. The scepter is also where hsi soul resides. Like all Poes, he is capable of invisibility
Backround Information: In his past life, Spiriah was a Hylian soldier. During ganon's rise to power, he was betrayed to Ganon by a friend (that's why he is distrustful of everyone). Choosing death over slavery, he was "reborn" as a poe. Still adjusting to his powers, he decided that he needed to avenge his betrayal and bring Ganon down.

Is that good?

Name: Vendetta
Race: Minish
Appearance: Wears a bright red hat, a purple tunic with blue sleeves and blue leggings.
Personality: He was deeply traumatised when he saw his family slaughtered before his eyes. He is a cold person to most, but those who gain his confidence find him an engaging, calculating mind and a true friend. The sight of blood will drive him into a frenzy where he knows not friend or foe, only target.
Weapon: Potent Minish magic and an ancestral blade with a dark purple handle, black blade and a diamond pommel.
Backround Information: Born in the Minish Woods, he was the youngest of a family of nine. When Vaati came, he was small enough to squeeze into an alcove in the house and avoid destruction. Although he wants to defeat Vaati and Ganon, he also to find a way to Minish homeworld.
Befriended Monster: Octorok
Monster's Name: Monster
Monster's Personality: Monster has little personality, or even intelligence, but when Vendetta commands it to fire a rock, you'd better dodge fast.

Accepted. We'll start when one more person joins.

Why am I unsurprised that half of the people who have joined so far have chosen to be Minish, though?

Because they're adorable? Whaa, nobody's a Kokiri. I would be, but Ina's a character I already made. Can't wait 'till the RP starts!! =3

Back
Top Bottom