• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

I've been playing Pt in Squiggle since like last November.... Didn't import it; I just grabbed a rom and stuck it on my flash cart~ I'll totally buy it once it's out, though!

It seems pretty good for a Pokemon game, even if it is in Squiggle.

There's already a full English ROM floating around. Don't know who got hold of the game long enough to rip one, but it's out there. :p

It's tempting, but I'm waiting until Sunday.

What I'm most excited about is the sheer amount of content we're going to have. Lots of Pokémon in-cartridge, so many more things to do, and just an opportunity to completely lose yourself in the world.

Most of the awesome content isn't really there until endgame and postgame, but it's still cool. I can lose myself in the Battle Factory for hours.

Currently waiting for mine and my brother's to come in. In the meantime, I've been kind of busy training in Diamond in the vague hope that the Showdown tournament has a stop in my state this year.

Hey guys, some new U.S names for some areas/characters have been revealed, details can be found here.

Griseous Orb? What the heck?

Sounds a little weird, but it's probably just an obscure word for something related to Platinum. Just plain "Platinum Orb" would look kind of odd next to "Adamant Orb" and "Lustrous Orb," after all.

EDIT: A quick Google search and... apparently it means "mottled with gray, especially bluish-gray."

What really confuses me is that they changed some of the Frontier Brain names even though they were already English-language names to begin with. It's not like the kids are going to have any problem pronouncing Kate, so why change it?

THORTON

I kind of prefer Caitlin to Cattleya and I'm glad they kept Dahlia's name, but the rest are kind of wtf.

Preordered it and am going to pick it up this Sunday. Shame my spring break doesn't roll around 'til April, I think it was.

... I just realized I haven't developed a Platinum team yet. :o

Actually, if you live in New York, and you go to Nintendo World, they are releasing Platinum a day early at the release party.

preordered it a few weeks ago. It's funny seeing all the "AW I CAN'T PLAY IT MUCH, GOT SCHOOL" posts n__n

I'm homeschooled.

If you're in the US, get over to Toys 'R' Us before Saturday! They're still giving away the event Regigigas that unlocks Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in Platinum once you trade it from D/P. I'm going to get mine tonight. :D

I was at Toys R' Us the weekend the event started, but I forgot my DS. :'(

I'm going to the movies with my friend and the Toys R' Us is a bit of a walk but not too far from the theater, so maybe I still have a chance. If not, well, I've missed every other event they've held...

Cool, I managed to hop over to TRU today and get my Regigigas!

I never could be arsed to do the Regi side-quest in RSE; maybe in Platinum I'll finally get around to catching them.

Congratulations! A bit of a shame it comes at level 100; I would have liked to train it a little. But I guess I'll be able to catch another one in Platinum now that I can get the three Regi there.

Preordered it. Glad Dahlia's name stayed the same. That was the only name I was concerned about....which is really sad.

I wonder what the codes are going to be. Best guess would be a Rotom Form.

Back
Top Bottom