• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

I am currently at the Valley Windworks training my team, and I've got one badge. I love the new GTS. Does anyone know if the e-mail thing, from the Japanese version is in this one? And if so, how to activate it?

Tortluga (Turtwig) [M] Lv. 16
Fuego (Monferno) [M] Lv. 14
Estornino (Starly) [F] Lv. 12
Raygato (Shinx) [M] Lv. 12
Barro (Mudkip) [M] Lv. 12
Escargo (Shellos) [F] Lv. 12
It was taken out.

I hate Mars >C

Anyway! I have one badge (haha I didn't even take damage. Gogo Turtwig.) and two Pokemon. I've been spending most of my time training and catching Pokemon for data.

My Team:

[Gaia] Grotle (F) Lv19 @ Quick Claw
[Flick] Staravia (F) Lv19 @ Oran Berry

I'm trying to not use pogies I've used on a DP Runthrough already, so I have very few Pokemon to choose from so far. I want a Houndour. ; ;

Planned team: Torterra, Staraptor, an Eeveelution, Houndoom, Scyther/Scizor, [something, probably a water type]

God Fantina was a pain in the ass. >:( I finally beat her though!

Now I have:

Sienna the Monferno, level 26
Cleo the Luxio, level 28
Banquo the Drifloon, level 25

...and I'm on my way to Solaceon!

Last night, after defeating the first 2 Gyms with the help of my Milotic with OHKOs, now I'm in Hearthome City. ^^;

Nagisa (Milotic) (f) Level 25
Turtwig (m) Level 23

I kind of prefer Caitlin to Cattleya

Hopefully pretty much everyone does (probably the only name change that people will actually be able to agree on.) "Cattleya" is just about the most bizarre, not-very-name-like name I've ever seen.

Anyway... I got Platinum today, making it the first game I've gotten on its release day since... well, Pokémon Red. Not rushing through for once; so far I have a level 8 Psyduck (named Yamcha) and a level 12 Turtwig (named Turtle.) Trying to avoid using Pokémon I've trained recently in other games, hence why I skipped Starly/Bidoof/Shinx/etc. in the grass and didn't catch anything until I ran into Psyducks in that cave with the Rock Smash rocks that I can't break yet.

Fantina was a bitch. Finally beat her though.

Pepper lv29
Golbat lv26
Geodude lv20
Staravia lv23
Togepi lv1(i needz to trains u)
Bidoof lv11(Same here. Even though you are a slave, what if I need you one day?)

In Solacean now. Am about to head off to Veilstone. Any idea when the Secret Key will be given away?

Ouch, everyone's so far ahead. Thanks a lot, school and swimming lessons >:(

Anyway. Current team. I'm changing it.

(Prince) Prinplup [M] lv 16
(Goth) Zubat [M] lv 15
Abra [M] lv 10 -- wasn't planning to use him on my team, which is why he doesn't have a nickname

Planned team NOW is Empoleon, Crobat, Lopunny, Rhydon [Maybe Purugly], Alakazam and Toxicroak.

I hate Mars >:( Now I have to go to the GTS and get a Glameow. It's the only thing strong enough to fight her Purugly.

Also caught a Shellos named
Purple Ooz

I finally got the third badge, but barely making it, but Marvel Scale worked perfectly and prevented my Milotic from fainting ^^;

I hatched Riolu and EV trained it in Diamond. Now heading to next town. Yay!

Nagisa (Milotic) (f) Lv 28
Lucario (m) Lv 29
Turtwig (m) Lv 23

Oh guys I actually got Platinum my parents aren't fags :DDDD

But Ii can only play an hour or two a day DDDDD:

Unable to get it Sunday because busy++, but I did get it after school on Monday. Got the Mow Rotom insert in it (:D), just like I did with my Japanese one, which I thought was pretty cool. Not very far right now, though--just a level 7 Chimchar atm, mostly because I spent hours having a heart attack over whether to name myself Phoenix or Kratos (and marathoning games of Solitaire on the computer). If only one of those names was 5 characters long so I could just use the other when I restart the Japanese one for the Dark monotype, but noooo.

...and I'm not going to get to play it today, either, because I bought the new Fire Emblem when it came out but haven't had a chance to do so much as touch it since I brought it home. :/ Since today is my last day of school and I promised myself a celebration over a month ago, tonight I have a date with Marth and Medeus. Ah, well. Probably pick Pt up again on Wednesday or something.

As a general heads-up: If you have the American event Shaymin or Regigigas and Japanese Platinum, or if you have a Japanese event Shaymin/Regigigas and American Platinum, you can use the foreign event legendary to unlock the corresponding goodies in the game. I traded my TRU Shaymin to my Japanese Platinum and was able to get the Gracidia Flower, and I'm sure that the Regigigas will work as well (will try it tomorrow). The situation probably won't come up too often, but if you do have different language events and games then you should still be okay.

...and I'm going to try transferring my Japanese Secret Key to my American Pt, too, since the Key is apparently the first Wonder Card you can use the "get from a friend" feature with. I sincerely doubt that that will work, but if by some miracle it does then hey, early appliance Rotom for me. :D And if that works, maybe the Darkrai Member Card... mwahaha, oh, the possibilities. Wednesday is going to be glorious.

Last edited:
Wooo my team is filling out now. C: I no longer have only two Pokemon! yaaaaay.

So my team thus far:
[Baby] Eevee (F) Lv21 @ Soothe Bell
[Gaia] Grotle (F) Lv25 @ Quick Claw
[Flick] Staravia (F) Lv25 @ Shell Bell
[Blaulich] Rotom (X) Lv25 @ Nothing

I can't wait until I can get the Secret Key for my Rotom~ I have two badges and and training my Eevee around Hearthome.

I got 8 badges =D
Ive seen 176 and caught 21 pokes.
My play time is 19:59

Currently I am training for the E4,Hoping for a team of 4-6 lv 60s

Platinum Status
Hmm. The game so far. Well, I have three Gym badges. Fantina was a bitch. I agree. My Togepi saved my ass, though.

My team
Monferno Lv. 22
Staravia Lv. 212
Luxio Lv. 23
Budew Lv. 22
Bidoofus (Bidoof is my HM slave) Lv. 13
Togepi (egg) Lv. 14

Miss Fighter Girl was EASY. Can't remember her name.(Maylene?) 4 badges, currently in Pastoria. Glad that you can cycle in certain buildings again. Current team:

Pepper lv 31
Crobat lv29
Porygon lv26
Togepi lv1(Seriously, why haven't I trained you yet?)
Budew lv18(replaced my slave for the gym, thinking about swapping it out for Tangela)
Staravia lv27(my second slave for flying type moves. Is actually useful in battle.)

Yanma can be caught in the Great Marsh along with Tangela. I might put one on my team. Considering trading over a Ditto to breed my Rotom.(You can still trade pokemon despite not having the Nat. Dex, right?) Going to train for the battle with Crasher Wake.

Any idea when the Secret Key is released?

Ouch, everyone's so far ahead. Thanks a lot, school and swimming lessons >:(

Pffft. I play at school and everyone's still that much further ahead of me. >:C Mind you, I'm not feverishly tapping away at home.

Current team:
Buizel lv. 15
Turtwig lv. 16
Staravia lv. 17
Geodude lv. 17
Luxio lv. 17
Ponyta lv. 19, currently swapped out for a HM slave Bidoof. Damn Galactic planting trees in front of their base.

I'm at Eterna, if the above statement didn't say that, beat Gardenia. (Ponyta was the star of that, Staravia failed to impress.) Now I'm working my way through the Galactic Eterna building.

I finally beat Wake, with some difficulty... and after I headed to Celestic Town to pick up Surf HM, and now heading to Canalave City for the next gym badge. ^^;

Nagisa (Milotic) (f) Lv 37
Kotomi (Espeon) (f) Lv 36
Lucario (m) Lv 37

Future Team: Milotic, Espeon, Jolteon, Lucario, Mukuhawk

I'm currently training in Eterna Forest with Cheryl, and her Chansey.

My team is currently:

Tortluga (Grotle) [M] Lvl. 20
Fuego (Monferno) [M] Lvl. 20
Barro (Marshtomp) [M] Lvl. 18
Silbar (Noctowl) [M] Lvl. 21
Pachirisu (Pachirisu) [F] Lvl. 20
Escargo (Shellos) [F] Lvl. 18

Also I only have on badge.
I'm trying not to use the Pokémon I used in Diamond, to give the game a bit of variety. Hence the lack of Shinx, Bidoof and Starly.

Back
Top Bottom