• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The PokéWalker

Re: The PokéWalker

It would be fun to have six Pokéwalkers and walk around with them all on your belt. Fun but a bit pointless, though.

That's a brilliant idea. Anybody know if you can buy Pokéwalkers separately from the game?

I doubt you can outside of eBay, actually...

You can only transfer one Pokémon to a walker from one game at a time though :(

It would be fun to have six Pokéwalkers and walk around with them all on your belt. Fun but a bit pointless, though.
Eevee's done that already. He's got arceus, giratina, palkia, dialga, and two pokémon on his belt.
That's a brilliant idea. Anybody know if you can buy Pokéwalkers separately from the game?

I doubt you can outside of eBay, actually...
Price doubled recently, but they sell 'm. If the link doesn't work, just look for the pokéwalker under Parts at http://store.nintendo.com/

Okay, this is probably obvious, but... I'm sorta confused how this works.

So I'm on the Yellow Forest course, trying for a Surf Pikachu. When I send a Pokemon over from SoulSilver, the screen says I have 10,000 steps, which I believe is the required steps for the Pikachu I want to appear. The pokewalker says I have 0 in the corner. All I keep finding are those level 10 Pikachu that you would see if you had just started using it the first time. So... do I have to actually have 10,000 steps on the Pokewalker itself?

The Pokewalker is amazing.
It upset me though when I realized that I could walk upwards of 6000 steps, go nearly three miles to the library and not pass a single buisness.
American civil planners were whores. Screw the auto industry.
(What's more, in a day just strolling around New Orleans I averaged 10000 steps. And I walked almost everywhere, it feels. Round trip to the hotel. And usually down the stairs.)

I still like it but almost none of my friends like pokemon, except one, and we don't have time during the day to trade or battle. All of the rest of my friends seem to think that we need to grow out of it or something. And it would be cool to have six pokewalkers but from what I'm reading from the link provided by James says a replacement, which means if you put another pokemon on another pokewalker, you lose the pokemon forever, well unless you forced it back before replacing, but that's just a waste of time...

...wouldn't that be cool if in our life times for generation eight that they had holographic pokemon?!? That would be awesome!

And it would be cool to have six pokewalkers but from what I'm reading from the link provided by James says a replacement, which means if you put another pokemon on another pokewalker, you lose the pokemon forever, well unless you forced it back before replacing, but that's just a waste of time...
Uh. There's no way for you to send a second pokémon over to a pokéwalker without forcing it back.

However, you lose all of your stored watts, so if you had up to the Treehouse unlocked, you'll keep all of the areas you currently have but will have to get 20k more watts to unlock the next area.

My main concern with the walker is collecting Rare Candy on Sinnoh Field. Other than that, there's not much else I'm getting out of it. But I still shake it to unlock courses~

My friend has amazing luck with my Pokewalker. Almost every time she dowses for an item, she gets one on the first patch of grass.

I bring my pokewalker to school every day. There's like, at least 6 people in one of my classes with pokewalkers and we all mystery gift together. I got like, 2 ultra balls today. Though it kind of sucks that all that the pokewalker does for your pokemon is raise it up a level. I was expecting it to raise the friendship level but NO~! Even though I walked like, 2 miles with my Golbat in one day!
I really wish that I had more opportunities to walk to places so that I could get more watts (not to mention, I need the exercise). I usually only get 2000-3000 steps in a school day. One thing for sure, it is definitely worth the extra $5.

I was wondering: Is it possible to clone using the Pokewalker? I mean, upload a pokemon, download it to another game cartridge, force return, and then trade the one that went to the other cartridge return.

I haven't had much luck with getting the class A Pokémon, and I do get a fair amount of steps. I'm lame and get my steps legitly, so I walk my dog more and pace.
I still adore the Pokéwalker, and one of mine got a scratch on the screen, so that helps me tell it apart from my SoulSilver Pokéwalker.

A good chunk of my friends have Pokéwalkers, too. Like seven or eight, but they tend to forget it at home. >:

Back
Top Bottom