• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The PokéWalker

Re: The PokéWalker

Yeah, I love it. :D Mainly because it gives me and my friends to have a chance to geek out at school with them without having to bring in our DSes.

When I heard about it I thought it'd be novel and really pointless, but I'm actually quite impressed with it. I hadn't realised that you can find different Pokemon after a certain number of steps, so I'm going to try giving that a go.

Plus, me being the girly child I am, love to squee over how cute it sees to see the moving Pokemon sprite and the idea of going on a walk with your Pokemon. <3 It's just so Animal Crossing.

Epic device. The novelty has worn off for me but I still walk around with a Pokemon for the exp. points. Of course, my sister manages to find a timid Surfing Pikachu and a Light Ball on her first stroll in Yellow Forest and I find nothing after 4 strolls. *sigh* Well, at least I have a naughty natured Flying Pikachu... I think I have a spare Flying Pikachu if anyone wants one. Relaxed nature :(

There are a few things that they should change about the Pokewalker though:
  • Not being able to check Pikachus in the Pokewalker
  • Not being able to learn level up moves or evolve
  • Having to spend ages on the Pokeradar to be able to get anything good

Last edited:

Indeed. The level-up part of the Pokewalker is pretty bland. Only obtaining items is useful to me nowadays.

Since I got SoulSilver, I have two Pokéwalkers. I'm planning on using one in a proper way, and abuse the watts out of the other :D

Still, I haven't started my SoulSilver yet, so the HeartGold Pokéwalker has a headstart :3

I've had Maeve the Milotic in there for a while, walking on Volcano Path, and I have over 1000 Watts. ALL I WANT IS A HOUNDOUR but they keep getting criticals.

I absolutely love my Pokewalker! I used to have a Pokemon Pikachu (did anyone else have one of those?) and I was devastated when I lost it.

I clock in about 10,000 steps a day, mostly because I live at the top of a ginormous hill and it's miles to actually get anywhere.

I always have my Stantler on my PW. She's called Margaret and I love getting the message "It looks like she's about to jump on your back!". That would kill a ten-year-old.

I got HG recently, so I've got another Pokewalker to carry around with me, and it's excellent because I can Mystery Gift with myself daily. My housemate and a couple of other people at uni have it, but when I'm in Devon, there aren't that many cool people ):

I like it, but I don't really use it very often. I use it when I remember to though. Currently, I'm trying to get Doduo before I leave for Columbia.

I absolutely love my Pokewalker! I used to have a Pokemon Pikachu (did anyone else have one of those?) and I was devastated when I lost it.)
I still have mine! I'm not sure where my Pikachu 2 is, though.

I have three questions. XD ALL having to do with the PokéWalker.

1. What does it mean when you "Force return" a Pokémon?

2. What happens if I restart my file with a Pokémon still in the PokéWalker? Do I get to send it back on the other file? >D

3. If I restart my file, do I lose all the Routes that I have on the PokéWalker? I'm wondering because I don't want to not have Yellow Forest...

1. What does it mean when you "Force return" a Pokémon?
The save game will no longer recognize that Pokéwalker, but you'll get your Pokémon back. If you sync your game with that/another Pokéwalker, you'll still have all routes you've unlocked but your watt count will be reset. If you just needed 5 watts to get to Quiet Cave? Yeah, you're going to need to collect another 200k watts.
2. What happens if I restart my file with a Pokémon still in the PokéWalker? Do I get to send it back on the other file? >D
No. You can gift stuff, though, so you can send over Pokémon you catch there and items and watts.
3. If I restart my file, do I lose all the Routes that I have on the PokéWalker? I'm wondering because I don't want to not have Yellow Forest...
If you restart your save game, your Pokéwalker is as useful as a friend's Pokéwalker would be. Answer: not very. So no routes for you, no sending your Pokémon over to another file.... You can clear the data on the Pokéwalker somehow, though, and then use it.

But yeah you lose Yellow Forest. :)

Mine just survived a drop into a pond. I'm very happy with it.

I'm impressed with their durability, too. I've accidentally kicked mine across the floor (often outside) more times than I can count, and it's not got a scratch on it.

You know what I think would've been great (totally unessesary, and I get why they didn't, but this is a hypothetical)? Instead of having them all be boring red and white, if they'd styled Pokewalkers to look like all different kinds of Pokeballs, and have it be random which kind you end up getting with your game.
I've become very fond of Apricorn-hunting recently, and I love the designs of the non-traditional Pokeballs. :)

It'd be nice if the level-gaining cap was higher, because I tend to leave pokés in the walker for days on end.

This. And I do get it legibly. I'm not a fat-@$$ who sits on a dryer all day getting watts.

EDIT: Oh! I got an idea! They could make skins for it! Dumb idea, but oh well. They should include these within every game forward. They're pretty cool. ;)

This. And I do get it legibly. I'm not a fat-@$$ who sits on a dryer all day getting watts.

I took mine on my trip but I left it in my suitcase a fair amount of the time. Apparently, it gained watts by being on a bus. It was odd.

Currently, trying to get Wobbuffet from Noisy Forest.

I took mine to Disney World on the trip and put it in a small bag I was carrying all over the park. Somehow it gained 20000 watts each day. That's five times as many as what I get by keeping it in my pocket and going through a normal school day.

The problem is, I don't know how to clear the data on my walker. D: When I try to put my Cyndaquil in it, it says that the Pokewalker has already been registered and doesn't let me do anything.

Usually, things like this are reset by holding both side buttons at the same time, but that didn't work... XD

I've been taking mine everywhere but I never actually do anything with it any more. Silly me.

My Pokewalker is frustrating me. I'm far over 7500 steps with a Pikachu in my walker, and I've seen the two !! patches, but it's not letting me get to them so I can get a surfing pikachu. It always stops at the first or second encounter, before the two !!s appear. Am I doing something wrong? EDIT: Let me reword that. I've spent over 200 watts on the Pokeradar trying to get to the !! patches, and I've seen them but now it's just giving me the ! patches and going with it.

And yes, I am getting to the patches as fast as possible.

Nope! As long as the steps for today're over 7500, you're probably doing it entirely right.

It's just that the Pokéwalker is a jerk.

Back
Top Bottom