• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Secret Link

I found clues 2-5 after I found the link... and I still haven't found clue 1 O_o;;;

The clues are easy to find (their names are in order), but I've never found the secret link... I even checked the js file for the Marquee of Doom (it's not in there, is it?)

That's not the actual way to find the clues, that's the "cheating" method discussed in the FAQ. There is a legitimate way to find each clue.

To the guy with no username: If you read the entire thread, finding the fourth clue will be a heck of a lot easier.

No, because that's not allowed, and besides that completely ruins the fun and why do you even care about getting the fourth clue? If you're that curious to see what it says, it's on the secret link page and you can use the "cheating" method. If you just are curious to where the clue is, you can always go find it yourself. It's not that hard if you read the thread and put your mind to it.

Argh. Now trying to find the location of the secret link is eating me up from the inside D:

I remember I gave up on it a month or two ago...the only clues I've found legitimately are 1 and 5. Makes me want to find the others now... *searches*

I found the first clue, looked for the others for five minutes, then came back to the forums. I don't browse the actual site much, but I can still hope I'll find it one day.:D

The more time you spend reading the articles on the site, the more likely it is that you'll eventually find the link.

I managed to find all the clues except number 4 without cheating, number 4 just was to difficult to find so I semi-cheated. Still, I haven't found the link yet...

It works in all styles; it's one of the things I test when I make a new style.

I found the link a while back, without cheating. Sorta.
I was on an old version of the site, found it there, it said "outdated", and I figured out the new one based on the location of the old one.

... I found it by cheating... I changed the URL with my magical logical powers. Example, somewhat a spoiler, if you haven't found clue 1 don't read it.
http://www.dragonflycave.com/clue1.htm, right? Use Logic to change it.
Spoiler somewhat for Fredie, you should check every page of the site including fanfiction, be patient and read the whole page, the top to bottom. I also found it without cheating. Lol, the only good clue for the secret link page is on the page that clicking the secret link takes u to.

Last edited:
...how do you claim to have found the actual secret link with URL manipulation? The filename of the secret page is a long nonsense string. Sure, it's easy for the clues (which doesn't matter because they don't tell you much of worth), but for the actual secret link it shouldn't be possible.

Also, since it's been a couple of years since anyone posted in this thread, it's unlikely to do much good to directly reply to anyone. The topic is still relevant so it's not bumping per se, but addressing Fredie or anyone else serves no real purpose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom