• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Soul Guard- "Genocide"

Black Yoshi

look at that PUNGENT KILLSTICK.

"Now, you are to carry this message to your assigned recipient. Is that understood?" A woman with blood-red lips sat in a large chair, her face obscured in shadow. Four other women and seven men also in chairs, all their invisible eyes bearing coldly on the group of small boys and girls. The children nodded, mumbling their 'yes sir's and 'yes ma'am's.

"Excellent." One of the men said. He leaned forward, revealing short silver hair and red eyes, accompanied by his sharp features. "Now, run along children. The council has business to attend to. We want those messages delivered and our assets here with the next ten minutes, alright?"

The children nodded silently, and a few tried to step out of the pavillion. "I certainly hope that you all know your targets. Shame if you brought the wrong soldiers here." This other man, seated in the center, barely whispered the words, yet they were heard very clearly by all, the children freezing and staring up at him, wondering if he would ever threaten them. the other council members were holding their breath, and the children cautiously made their way outside, to fresh air, where they felt like normal children on a simple errand again.

---

Two young men sat next to a fire, one a teenager, young with black hair, hunched over a hunk of wood. The other, a very large man casually flicking his knife across a piece of wood as it slowly became a statue.

Cedrick McBride, the smaller, looked up in frustration. One could see his block of wood was nothing more than a poorly shaved log, stripped of its bark by his knife. "Tell me this, how long before you got good at this, Cookie?" He asked the large man.

"Well, Ced, my Ol' Man and I used to carve things on our porch every day since I was six. I was like you at first; frustrated, unskilled. In a few years, though, I was able to carve a bird. Just remember, Ced; Above all, if you want to turn a hunk of wood to art, you gotta' keep your knife sharp." As he delivered this metaphor, Cookie tapped his head, to drive his point home.

"Oh, very philosophical. Why don' t you keep that stuff to yourself, Cookie? I have plenty to think... About... As is..." Cedrick slowed as he saw the frantic boy dashing towards them.

The boy skidded to a halt next to Cedrick, breathing heavy, and took a moment to gather himself. "... Cedrick?" He asked. Cedrick responded with a simple, but slow nod. "Council... Now... Council wants... To see you... Ah, I'm not going back, though!" The boy took off in a completely different direction, eager to be away from the council.

"Wow. You're a regular VIP, Ced." Cookie chuckled to himself before Cedrick threw his terribly shaved log at the large man's face.

"Shut up, Cookie. And don't eat my food, I'll be right back. Burn the carving, but not the tent, save me a seat, and watch my stuff." With that Cedrick began on his way to decorated tent. The only tent with four highly trained and highly bored guards out front, the only tent of any importance, where he'd only been in on the day his master died: The Council of 12's Pavilion.

Smith walked into the abandoned Kronos Tech lab located at the heart of Krazoa Spirit City. A once thriving and busy city, but since the genocide it was a ghost town. Smith kicked down the door, his evac would be coming soon. Then he spotted movement, probelly just a dog there were a lot. Then he thought he saw it again, he pulled out his pistol and began to walk over.

Suddenly a small girl walked out, she was s redhead with freckles and glasses. She wore but simple rag clothing, like the remaining children that survived the slaughter. She looked brave like she was on a mission, then she spoke.

"I am Alma," She said in a hushed voice, "Agent Smith, you have been summoned."

"How did you.." Smith stared to say.

"A messenger knows all," Alma said and handed Smith a card. She smiled and walked behind a pillar. But when Smith went to follow her she was gone. Then he head steps, lots of footsteps. He knew 'they' were here, they always track gaurdian holders. These people, if they were human, wore strong armor and killed the rest of the agents. He quickly ran to the stairs and began accending, he reached the top in no time.

He heard them close behind, but his ride was here. The chopper flew in low, coming straight for the LZ. Then a rocket flew from out of no where and took out the heli.

"Most unexpected and most unappealing," Smith said in his monotone voice. When he joined the 'Agents' they remove your emotion, all except hate. The men started filling thrrough the doorway, Smith had gotten angry wand was able to kill 3 with hand-to-hand. There were to many so Smith jumped to the next building and went inside.

He looked at the card the litle girl gave him, it had a 10 digit number on the back. Wait it wasn't 10 digits, it was a phone number. He burst into the nearest room in the hotel he was now in. He found the phone and dialed the number.

I do hope this is the right number, Smith thought

Graham Faust had found himself a tree, a rather large one to boot. He had climbed about two metres up in the tree, and was now resting on a large branch. He carried with him a stereo, an artefact from the times with his gang, with which he was playing loud music in which the narrator described how badly he hates the person only called "you" throughout the song.

As he laid there, eyes closed and his mind filled with alternative rock, he felt a slight shake. Opening his eyes and looking down, he saw a small boy with long ash-blonde hair who was lightly shaking the tree in an attempt to get Graham's attention.

He turned down the music, and proceeded to yell loudly.
"WHAT?!"
It was clear he was somewhat irritated, he usually was.

"The council people want to talk with you." The child answered, surprisingly not phased by Graham's aggressiveness.

Graham lifted an eyebrow.
"Is it urgent?" He asked.

"Sure seemed like it." The child answered.

As such, Graham jumped down from the tree and made his way to the tent.

((Bleh, failpost))

((I didn't see a 'yes' or 'no' to whether I was accepted, but I left it there for a day or two.))
"Gah! I can't get it down..."

Maggie tried again and again, but couldn't get it down. She was practicing her parkour. She was trying to get her time down. She's been through the course only a few hundred dozen times, but since that one day when she saw that...

No. She doesn't want to go back to that day. It was a terrible day. She could barely remember any of it anyways...

"Ugh... I guess I'll call it a d- OI!" as a small kid ran into her.

"Can I help you? Are you lost? You look scared. I won't bite." Maggie said, frantically trying to calm down this kid.

"I- I- I need to talk t-t-to a 'Maggie'. I-I-Is th-th-that you...?" by now, the little kid is shaking nervously.

"Why yes. Just don-"
"Then the council of 12 need to see you. Immediately! Please be there. Gottagobye!" he said as fast as he could, running off through the course. He was behind Maggie's best time by one-and-a-fourth seconds.

Pole sat down on the dirt, just staring at the man in the tree. She was a little ways off, though she recognized him instantly. Her reed-like hair rubbed against her pale face, and she raised a long-fingered hand to it put her hair behind her tiny ears. There were others in the area, two men sitting next to a fire, a man in a suit, the blonde-haired girl practicing whatever the hell she was doing... She just sat there, staring.

A young boy ran up to the tree, calling for the man to come down. He snapped at the child, who then told him to also approach the tent. Paisley looked around her for a second, and noticed various people going to meet up there. She knew who they were. They were the special ones. She looked down at herself. She wasn't special at all. Maybe her brother was, but she knew she was.

Her brother. Purvis. Her last link to him was the scarred man who was in the tree. She knew they were friends. They treated each other like brothers, from what she heard. And then Purvis was taken away by those bastards. She wondered if the man - Graham, was that his name? - recognized her. She remembered them sometimes coming by their house, and she knew a few of them. But she was even younger then.

Putting all thoughts aside, even though she wasn't called by a child, she started towards the tent. She might not even go inside. She just might linger out, maybe listen in. Eavesdropping was a dirty habit, but whatever.

((OOC:I believe I did accept you magnemite. I know I linked your profile in the first post at the least.))

Cedrick was stopped in front of the tent by one of the four guards. "The council will wait for the rest of you to arrive. Until then, you are to remain here." One boy was walking past the guard, and was stopped by a guard grabbing his arm.

"You, boy. Go check the nearby cabin to see if the council's other guest has arrived." The boy looked confused for a moment before the guard sighed. "There's a recently abandoned log cabin just a half mile that way." He pointed west. "Go there, and listen for a telephone. Council's orders. When you meet someone, bring them here, got it? Good, now scram."

Cedrick watched as the boy darted off fearfully to the supposed farmhouse. He rolled his eyes. Looking back towards the rest of the camp, he could see several people who also seemed on their way to the pavilion, or perhaps they were just going to pass it on the way to somewhere else? He thought he had seen some of them before, maybe even heard their names or held conversations with them once or twice. But he could never be sure. There were so many in the camp, and he spent time mostly with trainers.

Finally there was a click and a young boy spoke up.

"Hello, are you the man?" The boy asked.

"Yes now put the phone on the desk and step back," Smith replied. As he heard the receding footsteps he heard new ones coming up the stairs. He used his power to travel through the phone line, just as the soldiers burst through the door. He then appeared next to a boy, who was awe struck.

"Lead me on boy," Smith said.

"Yes sir," The boy said leading Smith to the council enterance where another man stood. He approached him.

"Why have we been summoned?" Smith asked the man,"not that I am complaining, got memoir of a situation with 'the guards', ha."

Well shit, there were guards. Great. Pole started changing her course of direction ever so slightly so that it wouldn't look suspicious that she was walking away so suddenly. She decided that instead she might try and listen from the back of the tent. Maybe she could find a way in they didn't know about or something. Whatever.

As she passed by the tent, she noticed the boy who had been sitting at the fire. He was square-jawed, decent-looking, and he gave off this feeling. She didn't know what. But he made her feel like he was actually... She didn't know the words for it. Important? Worthy? Guh, whatever.

Pole's tall gangly form made her way across the site until she reached somewhere far off where she could still watch everything. She still kept her eye on both the boy and that Graham guy.

Smith smiled as he saw a tall girl sneaking, or at least that was how it looked, around the area.

"Looks like someone tailed you," Smith said, "What should we do?"

Smith was willing to do what it took, especially ifthis was as important as it sounded.

Cedrick first answered the man's question. "If I knew why we were here, I'd already be out there doing the council's bidding." He saw the tall girl walking by, and wondered if he had seen her before.

There's just too many people in camp... I wonder- The man in the suit interupted his thoughts.

"Looks like someone tailed you. What should we do?"

Oh, this man, for seeming so proffesional with his suit and sunglasses, asked many questions. "Look, this camp has an estimated four hundred people in it, and she's just one of them. A lot of people have a lot of things to do, and frankly, she could follow straight into the council chambers. I don't care what she's doing, and I see little reason for you to care." Cedrick turned back to the tent's entrance as he spoke, and wondered, Do I care? Well, a little, but that's just curiosity. I don't care in the sense that I should stop her or anything... I think.

Ever since Maggie got in front of the tent, she felt... Outcasted, yet in the right place.

All these people... And me... Here because of many different reasons, yet we few have been chosen. Chosen for something! What it is, we don't know, but it can't possibly be a bad thing, right? ... Right???

Her silent subconcience didn't help her, although her lonliness did make her a tad schizophrenic, nothing went on except for
Why the hell are we here!?!?

It hadn't been even a few hours since a young boy (or girl, Monica didn't care inspect the androgynous child thoroughly) had given her a message to come to a council. She had heard of these councils before, but hadn't bothered to participate. After all, she was busy running.

Hey, Runner, why not take a break? You're near the tents after all...

"I believe I might, Dispetto." Monica thought, or replied to her Guardian. Dispetto was her pet name for the often disembodied voice in her head. Likewise, her Guardian liked to call her the Runner.

A flash of green went across the trees, and in almost no time, Monica located the tents. Guarded tents. Not like she would mind much; blending in with the crowds was no difficult task. She spotted people socializing, particularly a sharply dressed man, a raggedy teenager, a tall girl, and another girl who seemed bewildered.

Monica smiled to herself. It wasn't an ordinary day for such peculiar people to gather.

[[I hope I did this right;;;]]

((That's five by my count. Since it was never clearly stated if Graham got to the tent, I'll have to assume he can at least hear the Guard. Now would be a good time for other players to be 'curious'))

A whistle, similar to birdsong, came from within the tent. One Guard seemed to suddenly relax, as though he had been holding his breath. The tallest looked into the entrance of the dark tent, then turned to the group in waiting.

"The Council will see you now." He beckoned them with his hand.

As Cedrick pulled back the tent flap, he felt a familiar shiver run down his spine. He had only seen the council once, and they had grown no less cold and unforgiving since then.

"Ah, yes,Mr. Faust, Mr. McBride, Miss Giovedi, Miss 'Maggie,' and... Smith, was it?" A woman, old from what could be seen from the shadows, spoke, naming each one as formally as she could.

A man then spoke, from the far right side of the tent. His whiskey-breath had a far reach, and his booming voice towered over the others. "Let's dispense with the formalities. The council didn't summon you here to talk about your first of school! Hah!"

"Indeed." A man two seats from the far left side spoke, and his hand could be seen as it went to rest under his chin. "And there is much to tell you."

A woman with red hair spoke next, leaning forward to reveal her pale face, deep-set violet eyes, and thin lips. "Keep in mind, we did not summon you specifically because you are special. We summoned you here because this pavilion can't take many more than you five at a time. And we have very little time to waste on repeating ourselves. You are to take many others with you on this... Mission."

The Chairman, seated highest and in the center, spoke in a barely audible voice that echoed through the tent. "Are you prepared to undertake this task before it is given to you? You speak for all that will accompany you on your journey."

Kay was hanging by one hand from a cloud. Other clouds, puffy like cartoonish marshmallows, floated by as if they were tugboats. Penguins flew by, upside-down. He was happy for no real reason, exuberant. The wide-open sky was a beautiful and unusually deep blue. Funny, that was almost exactly the color of his Guardian...

"Oh, come on," Kay thought, or spoke, or maybe sang. It was hard to tell, because, as he had just realized, this was all a dream. Clouds deflated, penguins plummeted to the earth and the sky grinned at him in a way that would have been adorable if it wasn't the sky smiling at him.

And then he woke up.

Kay sighed loudly through his nose. How did he keep forgetting about the dreams? He had, as he could now remember, had them every night for the past week and a half. He could also remember that he kept forgetting about them before he went to sleep the next night. That ended today, if he had anything to do about it. That rabid monkey child would not get to erase his memories this time. Or make him think something that ridiculous ever again. He was going to write it down!

Rolling out of the bush he had been nesting in and putting on the coat he had used as a wrinkled pillow, Kay walked rather unstealthily down the slight hill that was crowned by said bush. As he did so, he noticed that a number of people were walking towards or standing around that big, gaudy Council tent. Twelve guys, some of which were girls, who were all old and stuffy, if only on the inside. Kay didn't care for them and they probably didn't care much for him, although that could only be assumed do to, in turn, his lack of concern for them. Kind of a weird loop of apathy.

The boy reached the tent's general area just as the guys standing around outside it went inside. This, meaning that Kay couldn't get a pen or something from them, was disappointing. He considered asking the guards for one, but they were big and probably didn't have one anyway...

Wait, what was he getting a pen for again? It had something to do with penguins, or maybe it was those auk thingies that looked like penguins? ...Nope, it was gone. Humph. Probably stupid, anyway.

With nothing better to do in this boring place, Kay sat down on the ground, to the far right and a bit behind a guard. He was, ostensibly, drawing stupid things in the soil, but he was mostly straining to listen to what was going on inside the tent. Something about a mission..? Were there going to be priests?

"A mission," Smith said, "Well I say I will be most compliant of this set task."

(Ahhhh short post attack from hell!)

Maggie heard her name from inside, so she listened up. She heard "Maggie", "Mission", "this", and "journey". She then went closer to the tent to hear more.

((sorry, nOt much to go off of... ><))

"Well if your gonna get that close you may as well come in!" Smith said turning toward where he heard the footsteps from outside the tent. They were 'soft' and light, most likely the girls.

Ssshe isss very persssissstant, a voice said in Smith's head, why don't we go greet her.

"Shut up," Smith said under his breath, his inner demon snake could be quite a pain.

((3 s because it is a snake))

The council looked over the group, their eyes flicking between each person.

The red-haired woman began the briefing. "You are to gather all the fellow soldiers in this camp you can. No more than twenty at most. With this force, and any you pick up along the road, you are to launch the first counter-strike against the Genocide."

Next to speak was the loud whiskey-man. "The council has no authority to determine exactly what your counter strike will be. However, we advise you first to travel to Blackwell, where you can 'harass' the local governor. He is fairly new to the position, and so will have little idea what to do in the event of an attack. In the end, however, it is your decision."

The old woman spoke third. "Beyond that, your little 'Militia' will be its own branch of the Soul Guard. You have no reason to return to this encampment for a very long time. After this first counterstrike, you are on your own, and will no longer have contact with this camp. During this time of isolation, you are to continue counter-attacks on the Government, in whatever manner you deem necessary."

the Chairman was last. "You may not decline this mission." He whispered. "The Council's decision is final. Gather what troops you wish, then be gone from this camp. You are hereby dismissed." He clearly wasn't in the mood to answer questions. Cedrick heard one of the council members whistle again, and felt himself suddenly pulled out by his shirt by a guard.

The Guard pushed him away from the tent, and ended up knocking him down. "Oi, what's wrong with letting me walk out myself?" The Guard stared apathetically at Cedrick.

"Your time with the council is up. Please do as they instructed."

Last edited:
Maggie watched on curiously as this man was dragged out of the tent by a guard. As he was dropped, she went over to him. He seems a bit... Uh... It's hard to describe. I want to say in a daze, but... I don't think it's one emotion.. she realized how long she'd been standing there next to him. "uh... Need help up, mister?"

"Ugh what a pain," Smith said walking out, "And if that gaurs wasn't part of the council, I'd kill him."

He walked over to the 2 other people. This would be part of the group.

"Well we should get aquinted as we walk," Smith said holding out his hand to the boy, "Now get up and let's go."

Back
Top Bottom