• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Soul Guard- "Genocide"

"Indeed we are. You must be from the camp. You wouldn't happen to be Miss Ji-er... One of the five summoned by the council, would you? Or just someone who wants to tag along?" Cedrick stood up, resting one wrist on his sword hilt, and another on the blade, resting the sword on his shoulders.

"You really are getting some popularity. It's actually quite adorable."

Yeah, great, now SHADDUP.

"No."

"Well, if the council "invited" all five of us, they should have the message. Let's head onward and - he, was it? - should be headed in the direction of Blackwell, so we'll meet him sooner or later."

yo, Jumpy. Good call.

"Well, there's no use standing around."
Maggie replied to the ever more farmiliar voice. Hey, kid. I'm starting to like ya. Tell ya what: I have some pretty cool powers I can lend you, but the rules state you have to be "worthy" or something. So, my test is this: I run in a place for you to do your jumpy-grabby thing, amd if you can catch me, my powers are yours.

"Well, what kind of powers we talkin about, Speedy?"

Can't tell. Gotta pass first.

"I accept your challenge, Speedy!!" Maggie said. Blushing after realizing again she blurted this out loud.

"Dammit..."

By now, Monica could finally speak properly. "Haha, I guess I'm going too... They did call my name out. Not sure how..."

"I accept your challenge, Speedy!!" Maggie said. "Dammit..."

Monica looked at her oddly, "Speedy? ... Oh that reminds me!" Monica stopped pacing a bit and turned around. "What's your names? We never properly introduced each other! That's no good for a travelling troupe!"

It seems you're adjusting well, Runner.

Of course! They seem friendly.

"I'm Monica Giovedi, from Piani. I assume all of you have those (annoying!) voices in your heads?"

... Am I really that annoying?

Of course.

((Writer's block pffffft. It doesn't help I'm trying to think up ideas for my own RP as well. For now only a catch-up post.))

"And now you're late again." The voice told Graham as he walked at a high pace, "This is what happens when you fail to pay attention during meetings, like you always do."

"Oh shut up, Doc." Graham answered, still clearly annoyed. "It's not like you were listening or anything."

"Actually, I was." The voice answered, "That's why you know where to go in the first place."

Before Graham got the chance to answer, he noticed the group he was supposed to be going with, a distance away.

"HEY!" he yelled at them, "DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME!"

Cedrick stared at Maggie for a moment after she spoke. Maybe... She jsut isn't sure how to communicate with her guardian properly.

"At least Speedy is a name. What do I have? Nothing.
Cedrick's eyes looked up at his own brow in frustration with his Guardian.

Well, that's your problem. I'm not naming you. I'll name a dog, but dog's can't kick my ass back to last Thursday.

Monica introduced herself, and Cedrick tried to remember, Giovedi, not 'Jingle-Berry.' Giovedi, Giovedi, Giovedi... "I'm Cedrick McBride, Blackwell."

Cedrick stopped again, this time at someone shouting behind them. "HEY! DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME!"

Cedrick blinked a few times. "I think we found the last one." So, Cedrick decided, He can catch up, And turned around to continue walking west.

"hi. I'm Maggie. My given name to my guardian is Speedy, cause he won't give me a name. When I'm in a conversation and I get eclxcited, I sometimes blurt out what I'm thinking. So... That explains my blurt out."

She heard the call, too. But Maggie had a good idea: "Heads up: loud voice coming. Ahem. JUST CATCH UP!!"

"Name's Smith, Agent Smith," He said, "Pleasure to meet you."

((Internet down gonna be gone forsome time, might get a chance here or there))

Hovering toward the back, the woman tailing them grimaced. Was this the group she had been pointed to? She expected them to be a bit... older. There was always the possibility that they were assassins... in disguise. That in mind she kept her pistol behind her back, finger on the trigger.

She wasn't going to go down so easy. Not after witnessing what she had.

She didn't know what this whole Guardians thing meant... she had done research before she had tracked them down. It required deep meditation... but she didn't find anything when she had entered her mind. Just... darkness. There was light, but it wasn't much. It had seemed to be a labyrinth sort of thing, and a voice... she kept hearing a voice. Light, wispy, feminine. Mumbling about someone 'being there'. Perhaps the guardian? She didn't know. She had heard that Guardians could assume a more human form... but that didn't sound human.

Still, Cassandra did not say a word. Only silently tailed the group. She hadn't been introduced, and wouldn't bother to unless spoken to. She preferred it that way.

When people started coming back out of the Big Tent (with one or two looking like they had been shoved forcibly out of the place), Kay stood up and glanced at them. While he meanwhile tried to dust off his jeans without looking too much like he was groping himself, the youth continued looking. The guy with a sword (why didn't Kay have a sword? Or some ninja forks...) seemed to be alright, having already gotten himself back up off the ground. There was that guy with the suit (Kay needed to learn some more names) and a few others. How come they got to go in the tent? There was some sort of grand quest for the dragon's hoard going on and they seemed to need recruits?

Speaking of them, they seemed to have gone off a bit already. Shaking his hair around for a moment, Kay departed. He eventually came up on on tail end of the group. There was a dark-looking, thin woman to his immediate front, and she had a... gun? behind her back. Why didn't Kay have a gun? He was probably a great shot, if only because of the blue monkey boy in his head.

For a while now, Maggie had a feeling. It wasn't bad exactly, but... If was just... She felt watched. Followed. Like there was someone. Somewhere. Just out of eyesight... Oh well.

"Just wondering, does anyone else feel... Watched?"

C'mon, Jumpy. Nobody's following you guys.

"I guess, but i'd at least like to k ow if anyone else feels that way."
Maggie replied to Speedy's comment.

Well, if you feel threatened, just keep a hand on one of your swords.

"Alright. Good idea."

Cedrick thought for a moment. "Well, think of it this way. If there is somebody following us, they're either friendly or hostile. If friendly, they're tagging along for the ride, so lucky us. If hostile, we could all beat them back fairly easily, seeing as how we, you know, have powers the rest of the world views as demonic and otherworldly. Either way, we win. I'd say to just ignore the feeling. We're plenty safe from anyone or anything that tries to attack us." But then again, Cedrick did have a little tickle in the back of his head, saying, She's probably right, you know.

"But just in case... Let's watch our backs."

"Yeah, real smooth, boy."

Stop calling me boy.

"I'll call it like I see it, BOY. You still haven't become a man. That comes after your test. Besides, you're so very close. Two more fights, and you're done. One against me at half strength. If you manage that, all the power will go to me, and you get the honor of facing me at my very best. Until that time, you are nothing but a petulant child." Cedrick mentally slapped himself in the face, wondering why this Guardian was so persistent.

You have my power of the sssrpent now find them!

"Hmm, fine then, snippy," Smith said accidently out loud, and looked around. Then he spotted the odd one out, tall woman with a gun, he reached in his suit keeping the gun at ready.

"Hey you,"Smith called, "Come here, why are you tailing us, a bit shy, or an assassin?"

Monica smiled at the newcomer. At least she wasn't the only one late! However, she had to agree with Maggie; they definitely were being followed.

"I don't detect hostility," Monica thought, "though that's probably because all of us are being mutually hostile.

Monica turned at Smith's words, and saw the same tall woman with the gun. She probably isn't an assassin. Even if she was, Monica could easily just outrun the bullet.

Maggie jogged over to the newly found girl, with a slightly forced smile, and went to greet her. She had her hands in the air to show no hostility or hidden things. Plus, if she pulls the gun, Maggie could pull a sword or two.

"Hey! C'mon. Let's go. We gotta get to Blackwell. I don't care if the council sent you, Ifyou wanna join us, you can. Please put your gun away we're all... Er... Acquaintances here. No enemies... Yet."

Smooth, jumpy.

"Shut it. We need all the help we can get"
Speedy was having more of a say in Maggie's thoughts than Maggie's brain was...

Cedrick considered the possibilities of this person everyone was so interested in. Honestly, Cedrick hardly cared if she was some assassin. "I say let her keep her gun. Either she's on our side, and we have another few bullets for our cause, or she's hostile and we get to kick her ass. Without her gun, it could hardly be a fair fight."

"... I'm beginning to hate all this 'two-sided' coin reasoning of yours." The Guardian grunted.

Well, I least I CAN reason. Unlike you. Bully.

"Well, that was interesting. Moving on to Blackwell, then. I'm starting to wonder if we might get there and find the governor. At this pace, he will have retired to a private island estate at the age of sixty by the time we get there."

"He's only thirty seven."

Yeah, whatever. I'll beat him down if he's two or two hundred, it couldn't matter less to me. When we get there, we WILL raise hell.

Kay raised an eyebrow. From the sound of things, the little group, seemingly centered around Guy with a Sword, was getting a tad restless about the people following them. More specifically, they seemed concerned about Gun Girl. How could they miss him? Kay was only a few feet behind the woman, and he wasn't exactly hiding... Well, if they weren't going to notice him, he might as well do something about it.

"Hey, guy with the big sword!" he said, raising his voice a bit past the regular volume. "If you could explain why this sudden parade has started, I would be much obliged." Kay was curious, because although he had heard enough snatches of the conversation to get an idea of what was going on, he had also thought he heard one of the old Tent geezers say something about gypsum tadpoles. It was probably best to hear it more clearly.

Cedrick looked at the big-eared boy behind the woman. He checked to make sure he still had his sword. How to explain it. Thoroughly and calmly or short, sweet, and to the point?

"We're going to Blackwell to overthrow the Government and stop the genocide. After that, we make our own missions, different locations, same objective. You wanna' come?"

"I certainly hope he doesn't. If he does, we'd have to split up the soldiers more evenly and I couldn't rack up as many bodies."

Maggie, at that moment, realized just how simple the task was, yet how long and difficult it would be.

"You should join us." Maggie called to the boy that lingered behind the group, with a smile, "We need all the help we can get. The only thing we ask is that you tell us your name."

ooh. You ha-ave feelings for him. You ha-ave feelings for him.

"Shut up! He just looks like a guy I liked a long time ago. Stop looking at my memories!!"
Maggie told Speedy after hid taunt made her blush.

"Ugh... you need to stop messing with me, you imaginary bastard!"

Whatever, Princess. Just keep your ass moving and the guy will worship you like a goddess.
Speedy said in response to Maggie's insult. She feels he's right, but he doesn't like that kid like THAT. She doesn't even know him... as far as she can remember.

"Yeah, sure, I'll tag along for a while. Maybe I'll find a sword or something," Kay answered, his hands behind his head. Mr. Short, Dark, & Manly didn't sound all that enthusiastic about the idea, but Kay didn't much care. He had been, in truth, bored out of his mind for quite a while. Although his younger years had been tedious enough to prepare him for such experiences, it was still extremely irritating to hang around the same place every day, doing basically nothing. Taking down 'The Government', no matter how hippy that sounded, was certainly more interesting.

Then a girl in camouflage smiled at the boy and asked for his name in a rather wordy sort of way. He smiled back, and walked a bit farther ahead than he had been. "I'm Kay, not short for anything or an initial for anything. Just Kay."

What was rather annoying at this moment was that the little blond boy in the back of his head seemed to think that girls had cooties. Which she, in all likelihood, didn't, but there was no convincing the child.

Back
Top Bottom