• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open to the Other World

Saya shivered in her tunnel, still too frightened to leave. She waited a little longer and could hear some faint rustling from above. I- is... is it over...? the meek bird wondered silently before starting to walk out of the narrower passages and fly into the open air. She looked around and curiously watched a dark blue ball with flippers and small round ears searching for others just as helplessly as her.
"You're like me, aren't you?" Saya asked the Spheal, wondering if he also knew that they were alone now.

Last edited:
Aria flew out of the hidden nest that she had made, a bit hidden under the ground. She knew the series of explosions and whatnot was over. She soared high, blending in with the sky, and looked around. However, she didn't see anyone.
She was alone... or was she?

((I changed Zarano's form.))

Sleeping on a ground, an apparently inanimate shape was sinking and falling. Then, it moved, to reveal a blue cobra. It was Zarano the Arbok. She looked around and yelped when other Pokémon were there. "Bwah! What's going on?" she demanded.

Somehow, though, Aria's eye caught movement on the ground below. She swooped to the Pokémon, creating a large gust of wind as she landed. "What?" she asked.

Zarano jumped back. "I want to know what's going on," she said, toppled over by the gust. The Arbok slithered around the Pidgey. This one's looking tasty right about now.

"Wah!" Aria flinched when the Arbok began to circle her. "Hey!" she chirped happily, changing the subject. "We're both blue!"

"Both blue? Hah. What does that have to do with the current subject?" Zarano stopped moving and eyed the Pidgey but didn't look like she was about to strike. "If you know what's going on then please tell me. I have positively no idea." She turned and crawled around.

The Togepi had curled up into its egg-shape and Tempest had no idea if this was good or bad. As he was wondering he heard bits of conversation drift by, but no signs of pokémon.. Wait! There were blue shapes! They could only be Pokémon! He picked up the egg and said, "Don't worry, Togepi, I found other pokémon!" Completely unaware of the Togepi's fright he raced towards the others at full speed. [..which wasn't that fast, but oh well.]

Kitaibou noticed an blue Arbok, ready to eat a little Pidgey. Looking at the smooth, obstacle-less ground, he rolled in a ball over to where they were.

"Ouch! Gotta work on that..." he said to himself. He looked at the two blue pokémon. Others. Other survivors.

"You're still here?" he asked them.

Not realizing that Kitaibou hadn't noticed her, she thought the question addressed her and responded, "Somehow. But... if so few of us are here, does that," her voice lowered to a hoarse, fearful whisper, "...make everyone else kidnapped... or dead?"
Saya's beady eyes stared straight ahead and suddenly noticed other Pokemon. Even more left... How did that happen?

"Hmph. What do you think?" Zarano "stood up" but did nothing else. "My name is Zarano. I escaped destruction by hiding in a crevice. And you?"

Aria said, "I hid in a hole! Obviously." She turned her head to the newcomer, telling him to introduce himself.

(Gogo gadget Quick Attack :D)

Toke opened up when she was lifted off the ground, although it wasn't that high. She looked down and found the ground there, but she wasn't touching it. She had never been lifted up before. It was actually quite fun! She smiled and waved her little arms around, unknowingly tossing a few rocks around.

"Ow, stoppit!" Tempest muttered as he got pummeled by small rocks. Then he reached the other pokémon- a Spheal, Arbok, and Pidgey. Being a small pokémon with small legs he was very out of breath. "I'm.. Flame Tempest, just call me Tempest." He caught his breath and realized what the others were talking about. "You.. you guys don't know about what happened, do you?"

((Oops, sorry Miyari!))

Kitaibou then noticed a reply from behind him.

"I'm Kitaibou," he said. "You can just say Kitai." He turned around to the Swablu.

"I'm sorry," he said. "What's your name?

"Hello, Tempest." Zarano nodded and turned to Kitai. "Hello, Kitai. If you didn't already know, then my name is Zarano." She flicked her tongue and made a hissing noise. "I have no idea what happened here."

"Yeah..." Kitai said, rubbing his head. "I lived near Lake Acuity, you know where that is, right?"

Lake Acuity.. if the Spheal was here right now, then did that mean..

"There was a mass elimination of almost every pokémon in Sinnoh, and maybe even the other continents," he said slowly, as he couldn't take it in himself. "I think.. it was caused by one pokémon, just one. He escaped into.." Tempest pointed at the remains of Turnback Cave. Now, all there was was a large stretch of nothingness, a portal to which he knew they'd have to go through to defeat that pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom