• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

So uh.... It's been four days.
Abstain, and I hope MF wraps the day up soon.

At this point, I think we're just waiting for MF to return from his vacation to lala land.

Your wait is over.

72 hours for night actions. Since it's been a long time and all. Also, for future reference, if you're not intending to send in a night action, it's helpful (not by any means necessary but helpful) to send a PM to that effect.

Another morning, and no mountain of mangled bodies. The town begins to suspect that somebody is just setting up a supercombo of absolute death for all...

No one has died.

48 hours for discussion.

No one died again.... No mention of lack of night actions so,,,,

so... somebody is setting up a supercombo of absolute death for all? I guess it's good no one's dead so far.

What are we going to do today even? I mean, I don't have any information, but if someone has Implicating Results, then.

Heh. So much for hoping there'd actually be things to go off of today. I highly doubt all, what, 3-4? members of the mafia would be inactive, so they've likely failed somehow. Twice. (Unless MF's flavour text wasn't actually arbitrary and was maybe meant to make us think of arsonists or something, but I kind of doubt it.)

He mentioned super death combo and it made me think of the last MaFia where half the game died first night. I scurred

I don't know, I think it's even more likely that something weird is going on, like, again, that there's no mafia faction. I mean, the mafia missing twice is pretty danged unlikely unless we're packed to the gills with healer roles or something. And I'm skeptical that there's anything really big building up in the background unless MF engineered something like the mafia only get their kill powers after a certain number of nights or something. Which is certainly possible, albeit a pretty gruesome game type.

Other than that I really do think we ought to start lynching. I just really don't like sitting around doing nothing. Obviously it's just a shot in the dark, but it's the only thing we can do besides sitting around waiting for the mafia to make a move. Ostensibly there are info roles out there who could potentially be collecting information, but we really have no idea, and they may not be able to move without the mafia, either (e.g. any role that informs about another person's night action).

I didn't use my action last night. Because it says in my role PM that whenever I copy someone's action, my usage of it counts as a use, presumably for them (I should have, and did not, clarify this), and whatever our healer can do, I didn't want to deplete their power before it's necessary.

That's still mostly what I'm keeping my eye out for today. I'll probably go limp tonight too rather than going random, because better to do nothing than to accidentally copy a vigilante or something

I don't know, I think inaction is the worst thing you can do with your power, really. On the one hand, I don't think it's very common for powers to have a use limit, including healing specifically. I guess if you end up using someone's valuable thing, oh well, but I don't think most people end up running out of those things anyway. With a vigkill (or any other killpower, really), it's super-valuable to know who it was coming from. Yeah, you might end up shooting it off at some innocent, but in that case we can be pretty sure of the source, and knowing who has killpowers is worth more in a mafia game than a single innocent life unless it happens to tip the balance such that the mafia win.

By not using your night action you're really only upping the chances that you get killed before getting anything valuable out of it. There will be more information on who you might want to target later, sure, but since everybody lies in mafia and there are other interfering night actions that are likely to be thrown around anyway, you could just as easily create a catastrophe then as now. Thus far I think this game has been suffering from inaction above all else.

I hiiighly doubt the supercombo of absolute death thing is serious, or something to take as an actual threat, for the record. It seems much more like a clever reference to the last game or some other sort of red herring.

Kinda sounds like an alien, from the flavor text.

I think an alien would be an unlikely explanation - it seems almost too simple. Metallica hosts some unusual games, and a lot of roles are modified or multifaceted. Alien... doesn't seem like a role that would take well to that.

Thus far I think this game has been suffering from inaction above all else.
Super-agreeing with Negrek on all this. There's no help at all in holding back on using ordinary pro-town powers. The risk of using up someone's special thing is hugely outweighed by the possible reward of learning what that special thing is, especially when it's a killpower like neg said.

My current unsubstantiated pet theory is that the mafia don't have a killing power outright, and need some instigator. This would require few or no inforoles, or a higher concentration of mafia.

Or, well, a cultafia. We might want to keep that in mind later.

In any case, I wouldn't want to put lynching off the table, but I definitely want everyone to report in (at least in some small way) first. True RNG-based lynch would not feel helpful, really. (We'll... probably end up going the usual route and lynching Flora, then, won't we.)

I think lynching is good, provided we don't hit something valuable. That would be bad. But there's no guard against that so...

I agree we should lynch today. Even if we RNG'd it, there's little risk involved if no innocents have died yet.

If the mafia is setting up some sort of super-death-combo rather than killing us outright then that's actually good for us - it means more of us have time to do our things and gather useful information.

I've actually grown partial to the idea of some sort of arsonist power now. (In which case it would definitely not be in our favour to just sit around waiting for something to happen.)

I hate just lynching for no reason, but I guess I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of some dead weight or something.

Back
Top Bottom