• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Okay, one more one more thing. We can't know if Butterfree is telling the truth about only being able to kill on even-numbered nights and roleblock on odd-numbered nights (as opposed to, say, flipping those numbers around or making the restriction up entirely to make people think she couldn't have caused Light's death), but what we do know is that Zexion was apparently roleblocked the night died and Butterfree claims to have caused it. If we assume that she wouldn't be capable of using more than one action in the same night (probably reasonable), she can't have been the one to kill Light regardless (if his kill actually came about that night and wasn't like... delayed or anything. Too many possibilities!). I think Negrek and ZM are the only other two who claimed killing roles?

Hmm. I don't suppose you could tell us anything about what Low Sweep does? Can you also only use them on alternate nights?
I yell about things people are doing on even nights, of course!

I have Endure. Blocks one kill action at night, and rolls over to a vote if not used up that night.
What does "rolls over to a vote" mean? Your vote counts extra if you don't make a killblock, or you only get a vote if you don't block a kill, or something else?

Well, we know there's at least "some other alignment" out there, since we've killed one "neither innocent nor mafia" person. While a cult is the most likely thing based on archetype, it could be something else entirely--like an alien role of some sort. At least the last game where there was a cult it got its own alignment name ("Halloween"). Saying "neither innocent nor mafia" seems a bit fishy.

It is possible that we're looking at a no-evil-faction-at-all kind of game. There are apparently a ton of kill roles out there: four having been claimed so far, and who knows how many being sat on/belonging to dead people. It's possible that MF was just hoping we'd all punch each other to death or something, idek. In that case I don't know what the win condition would be aside from figuring it out and then doing something about it... and in that case we'd also be in for a long and rather boring game, I think.

Eventually we should probably talking about whether and whom we want to lynch.

Well, the win condition I got was "you win when all scum players are dead", so there's got to be some sort of scum. Scum may just mean all non-innocents.

I assumed ZM meant that when he uses Endure, if he's not killed that night, he would be able to survive a lynch the following day instead.

Negrek, why didn't you use Low Sweep last night? (I also wonder how that makes any sense at all, flavour-wise.)

Well, the win condition I got was "you win when all scum players are dead", so there's got to be some sort of scum. Scum may just mean all non-innocents.

I assumed ZM meant that when he uses Endure, if he's not killed that night, he would be able to survive a lynch the following day instead.

Negrek, why didn't you use Low Sweep last night? (I also wonder how that makes any sense at all, flavour-wise.)

Yes, that is what I was meaning.
I also specifically got the word "scum" in my role PM, so since we can't lynch MF there has to be some kind of anti-town group.

Yeah, but we obviously have some kind of nonstandard scum going on. (That or this game's mafia are just the biggest trolls ever, in which case all of you are absolutely awful, high five.) It's possible we may need to do something nonstandard to kill them all/win, too. Bleh, I'm just throwing stuff out there for the sake of throwing stuff out there, really.

I used it on Zero Moment, who evidently took no action last night (or I was blocked or other shenanigans happened, etc.).

Yeah, but we obviously have some kind of nonstandard scum going on. (That or this game's mafia are just the biggest trolls ever, in which case all of you are absolutely awful, high five.) It's possible we may need to do something nonstandard to kill them all/win, too. Bleh, I'm just throwing stuff out there for the sake of throwing stuff out there, really.

I used it on Zero Moment, who evidently took no action last night (or I was blocked or other shenanigans happened, etc.).

Yeah, I abstained last night.

...what on earth is the flavor of Low Sweep like? I can't make any sense of how that would shout about the target's action. o_O I mean, I'm inclined to believe you given it would have been risky otherwise to claim having targeted Zero Moment, but I'm just kind of baffled by how it works.

My last "move" is Detect, which (at least if I understood the description correctly) just means I'm one-shot bulletproof. I haven't gotten any notification of it being used up, at least, so I'm guessing I still have it.

This is a pretty suspicious number of supposed vigilantes. To be clear, everybody who's admitted to a killpower denies killing Light?

Okay you guuuys we have got to do something. :( I've been wondering if maybe Light actually did something that caused his own death, with that weird power he got from Wargle (that was one vague power description... not like MF's usual ones at all) but if that was true it would leave us even more stuck. Ugh. There doesn't really seem to be any point in cutting out dead weight anymore because what good would that even do, but I have zero suspicions to go on besides some tiny nagging doubts about certain people who I think would have made great cult recruiting targets on certain nights, which just doesn't seem at all worth sharing, let alone acting on.

A huge thing that's been bothering me is just... why kill Light? What did he do that made him the only target for killing all game? We don't even really have time to discuss that right now anyway.

Of the people who have claimed killing roles, I think ZM would be the least loss to us because nobody's killing anybody anyway and so Endure wouldn't be all that useful outside of some endgame scenario anyway. But... eh. :/

How ever repetitive, 24-hour time extension.

Well, in the absence of any other input whatsoever, I'm going to put in a vote for Zero Moment for reasons given above, and if anybody wants something else to happen they'd better get in here and vote for it in the next few hours. :(

The trainers find themselves entirely lost for a course of action. They cannot seem to find answers to the mysteries that hang all around them. In the heights of despair, one of them is suddenly brought down...

Crush Kin Zero Moment was defeated. He was innocent.

48 hours for night actions.

The morning feels tense, but it seems as if none took up the blade to avenge the one who had fallen earlier.

No one has died.

48 hours for discussion.

So hey Alligates, why didn't you make an uproar when I targeted you last night?

Ohhh, I thought Endure was a passive thing, not something you have to activate. I was so confused by that lynch because I thought Zero Moment was going to survive anyway. Sorry, Zero Moment. :(

Anyway, just posting to say that I still have no idea what's going on and I'm going to be away without much internet for the next couple of weeks, so don't expect to hear much from me for a bit. Good luck to those of you still playing! (Unfortunately a bridge appears to have fallen on many of the remaining live players...)

So hey Alligates, why didn't you make an uproar when I targeted you last night?

Ah, sorry, that would be my fault. I blocked Alligates last night. No particular reason, just a more or less random choice of someone whose claimed role wasn't super-useful.

Sucks to be out that lead, though. :(

Right, so does anyone have any ideas? I'm running pretty dry here.

Dammit. :(

Well... with Zexion seeming to corroborate that Butterfree most likely could not have killed Light, Negrek is the only person who's claimed a killing role that we have left, right? (Besides DarkAura's bodyguard role, but she apparently wasn't online for about a week before Light died, and I doubt she would have sent in an action in advance when she was so reluctant to use it.)

Seems that way. If Negrek's not going to be on anyway neg's not going to be very useful to the innocents either way. Still would like to wait and see if anyone has any information, though.

Back
Top Bottom