• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Yo not cool. :( I'm only going to be gone for two-three ingame days depending on any extensions.

IMO the fact that I actually claimed my killing role is as good a sign as any that I'm not scum, since obviously it's a great way to make yourself a lynch target. It seems most likely that either someone else out there is sitting on a killpower or Light's death was something unrelated.

I have nothing to say, because I didn't use my night action because I had no wifi. Just putting this here.

Ugggh. What happened to Light?! Answer me, Jesus!

Things I want to know:
  • who the fuck killed Light
  • why the fuck did someone want to kill Light
  • where the fuck is DarkAura
  • what the fuck is RtB's role
  • who the fuck did Zexion target last night and the night before
  • who the fuck are the bad guys
  • wat do

Right, well, I suppose I should say a bit about my role, as I've been silently trying to decide when and how to use it. However silence would probably lead to even more suspicion, and I don't know if this role works if I'm lynched, so.

My Pokemon is Loudred (bc rock is loud) and its move is Hyper Voice, which lets me overrule the day phase decision to one of my choosing. I can only use it twice per game.

Well, if I'm potentially going to get murdered while I'm away anyway, then I guess I'll at least share what I suspect before I go. Basically Butterfree is the only person I have any reason to suspect atm, for these reasons:

First, our roles appear to be set up as pseudo-mirrors to one another. Her pokémon's half-psychic and mine's half-dark, we have swapped even/odd night-power thingabobs, and while our active actions aren't perfect mirrors, they are kind of opposite (mine broadcasts another player's action, hers stifles that action). And given that I'm innocent... perhaps she's my evil twin?

Outside of that, she's been gunning for me pretty hard throughout most of the game. I wouldn't be able to say why, since our roles very clearly linked, so "Negrek has a killpower, I are the suspicious" seems like a poor defense, seeing as you... also have a killpower, yes. However, it's also true that if I die, Butterfree's night actions will no longer be restricted in scope, i.e. she can kill anyone on any night or block anyone on any night. If she dies, the same will be true of my powers. I'm fine with living and letting live because I don't see much to gain by being allowed to kill people every night (since I... haven't even been killing them every other night), but for scum that ability is obviously much more useful. This goes doubly given the fact that she's established that her kill power only works on even nights, so once that restriction's lifted, as long as she didn't tell anyone, she could merrily murderize people on even nights and probably get away with it for quite a while. Since at this point people aren't expecting anyone to die at night, and we're probably getting down to the point where number innocents is close to number of scum (or idek, this game, man, this game), she could shift the ratio of innocent to scum very quickly and potentially win out of the blue if she timed things right. So to a scum alignment, having me out of the way in order to kill with impunity would be very valuable, and harping on how suspicious I am all the time makes more sense.

I mean, I get that Light's random-ass death unfortunately happened to fall on an odd night rather than an even night (thanks whoever did that, we will be having STERN WORDS after the game is over and I find out who you are) so that does narrow the list of suspects down to "literally anyone with a killpower except Butterfree," but still.

This is all mild suspicion at best, but it's all I've got at the moment, so you can have it. I didn't really want to get into it because if Butterfree flips innocent then I am so, so dead, but at this point, out of anyone playing, she's the one I think most likely to flip scum. And I'm probably dead anyway. So yeah.

But anyway, those are probably going to be my last thoughts for at least a little while (perhaps... forever? *plays taps*), and likely my last vote. Make of it what you will.

Oh! And if I don't get a chance to say so later...

Wju4miv.jpg

thk u pokéJesus for saving me TWICE, I feel special

• who the fuck did Zexion target last night and the night before
Night before I followed ZM and learned he had been around no one that night.

Last night I followed you and learned of your Haze move.

However, it's also true that if I die, Butterfree's night actions will no longer be restricted in scope, i.e. she can kill anyone on any night or block anyone on any night.

Hold on, did you know all along that there was some sort of mirror to your role?

I mean, I get that Light's random-ass death unfortunately happened to fall on an odd night rather than an even night (thanks whoever did that, we will be having STERN WORDS after the game is over and I find out who you are) so that does narrow the list of suspects down to "literally anyone with a killpower except Butterfree," but still.

Ugh, I'm starting to think (although I've been flip-flopping between opinions about every ten seconds for the past few days) that Light's death was probably some sort of accident or otherwise unrelated to the people with explicit killing powers. I mean, why Light?? If his killing power was such a threat, why not kill someone whose power didn't rely on a coin flip? And why has nobody else been killed? It doesn't make sense at all for some non-innocent role to randomly off one person a few nights in and then nobody else, ever. I'm thinking maybe his role backfired on him somehow, maybe somebody forced his night action (or DarkAura's or something, idek) or... something? Ugh. I'm going back to sleep.

My last "move" is Detect, which (at least if I understood the description correctly) just means I'm one-shot bulletproof. I haven't gotten any notification of it being used up, at least, so I'm guessing I still have it.

If you haven't already disappeared into the void, Negrek, do you have a similar power/move to mirror this?

Anyway, if both of you knew the other role existed before this all happened... that is something close to fishing-brother level confirmation (I guess), and I dooon't think evil twin theorizing/pushing for lynch is the logical innocent next step to that, even if your power is boosted when the other dies. So... I'm guessing we're lynching one of Butterfree or Negrek today, or at least we probably should.

(Also, it's worth it to note that if we don't lynch Negrek and some bizarre things end up happening, the "I couldn't send in night actions I was gone" defense shouldn't work, since Negrek's apparently aware of the upcoming blackout and has had time to send night actions in advance. Silly, but considering we've been mostly accepting these kinds of excuses for all of TCoD's mafia history...)

Light's death is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Or something.

Negrek said:
Outside of that, she's been gunning for me pretty hard throughout most of the game
Not... really? I mentioned you when I thought multiple vigilantes seemed weird (when you were the only other person who'd claimed a killpower) and accused you when Zexion's results appeared to indicate you'd lied about not using your killpower, but I'd hardly call that gunning for you pretty hard throughout most of the game. Unless you're counting my bafflement over Low Sweep's flavor, where I specifically indicated that I did believe you - I was genuinely just baffled.

But more importantly...

Negrek said:
However, it's also true that if I die, Butterfree's night actions will no longer be restricted in scope, i.e. she can kill anyone on any night or block anyone on any night. If she dies, the same will be true of my powers.
What? Where did you get this from? Did your role PM indicate we were set up mirrored this way? Because mine sure didn't, and if you did indeed know this was the case all along, why didn't you say so at any point? How would it have helped the mafia to tell us "Oh, my role PM indicated we were mirrored, didn't yours?", at least once we'd already established that our powers seemed to be mirrored?

Assuming this information is real and not just some kind of attempt to make up a motive for me, then it's pretty clear to me that if anyone is an evil twin here, it's the one who actually knows this. In mafia it's the mafia who is informed.

So this time, I really am pretty convinced that Negrek is scum of some kind.

24-hour time extension.

Now it's a party.

are we going to do anything or.

Anyway my suspicions are also on Negrek (vote to unbalance negs so we don't go into an abstain because unproductive) buuut it's not like neg is going to get a chance to defend negself against accusations. Also Eifie I think we've established this already but I didn't receive any message regarding the purification.

Idek Light's death. (uh, I didn't do it)

First, our roles appear to be set up as pseudo-mirrors to one another. Her pokémon's half-psychic and mine's half-dark, we have swapped even/odd night-power thingabobs, and while our active actions aren't perfect mirrors, they are kind of opposite (mine broadcasts another player's action, hers stifles that action).

Perhaps the only exciting occourance at the moment was a rumour that had been making rounds since early in the morning.

[Me targeting Light, the quote didn't show in the reply because it was in a quote.]

Metallica, is the "first" night (that starts off the game) considered night zero or one? It'd be a pretty silly mistake to make in claiming, but better cover all bases. (If anyone else thinks they caused the rumors, please speak up.)

Uuugh, okay, so I'm not really sure about this, but... if we're assuming a non-recruiting scum, or we're assuming Eifie's power unrecruits people from scum, then Negrek makes a lot more sense innocent: sort-of verified power that clearly helps the town, and targeted/saved by Jesus twice, so the conversion would have to be semi-recent (would the scum want to try to convert Negrek, possibly for the third time? not sure, possibly with a third time's the charm mentality they'd assume Eifie would not try again - but maybe, even, the effects are lasting [probably not though]). If Butterfree is to be trusted, Negrek is the more suspicious one here, but she might just be playing unaware, just as Negrek might even be making the restriction lift up.

But, ah, my mind is saying broadcast > roleblock, at least hypothetically... so I'm gonna vote Butterfree. Maybe.

Well, we have Zexion seeming to confirm that Butterfree was in fact roleblocking on one of the nights that she said she was (although Zexion could be lying or misinformed, etc., etc.) and I'm just really sketched out right now by Negrek keeping the effects of negs/Butterfree's death secret until now. I was hoping neg would get another chance to post before the end of the day but since not, well... I'm going to vote for Negrek. Shame to lose such a good player, though. :(

I really doubt my power actually changes alignments because there's always the problem of someone being converted to innocent and just outing all their former teammates. There are some ways to get around that, sure, but it just seems pretty unlikely that that's the case to me.

Metallica, is the "first" night (that starts off the game) considered night zero or one? It'd be a pretty silly mistake to make in claiming, but better cover all bases. (If anyone else thinks they caused the rumors, please speak up.)
It was Night Zero, yes.

-----

Suddenly, Negrek had to leave. "I gots me some real messed up stuff in my past, man.", neg says. "I just gots me a call and they're sayin' they're gonna blackmail me if I don't go do what they're tellin' me to do, y'know what I'm sayin'?"

The town is saddened to temporarily lose their local charming scumbag, full of character and that criminal je ne sais quoi, that way seeing the question "Robbery or arson?" and answering, "Who says I can't have both?".

But just as neg turned around to leave... "Hold." A stern voice made itself known among the crowd -- it was Butterfree. "You say they're going to blackmail you if you don't do what they tell you. But isn't that the blackmail in and of itself? Aren't you being blackmailed already?"

For that first moment, Negrek kept neg characteristic ice cool. "You ain't gots that street smart, you ain't gonna understand."

"I definitely don't understand, but that's because you're not explaining it."

"I came from the bottom, y'know?"

In time, Butterfree managed to pull the leaving Negrek into an argument. Each of them revealed things about the other that the public did not know about -- and make of that what you will. As it became clear that they had no intentions to reach a conclusion, other trainers tried to weigh in on the situation.

"If Negrek is leaving anyway, we have less of a risk assuming neg's lying about stuff". "No! I'm playing devil's advocate!" "But what about that one secret?" "Ehhh... Wasn't there a cult or something?" "Guys, who the hell killed Light?" "Not the time!"

By twilight, a slightly larger mob formed in the side favourable towards Butterfree. Cowed by the slight difference in numbers, Negrek's defenders ran away whilst flailing their arms dramatically.

"I just wanna say one l'il thing before we get started here." Negrek sighed solemnly, all too familiar with what happens to people who get mobbed on in this town. "I hates you all."

Roughneck Negrek was defeated! Neg was neither innocent nor mafia.

48 hours for night actions.

The confrontation of the earlier day is followed by another peaceful night.

No one has died.

48 hours for discussion.

Ugh, now I'm really sure there's going to be a supercombo of absolute death for all or whatever. Anyway that's two neither innocent nor mafias and however many days without deaths, making it even more probable that there's a cult. I really hope their win condition isn't outnumber everyone else because if it is, they're really close to winning.

Anyone have info?

Okay Alligates, what's your excuse for not publicizing my targeting you this time? If somebody else interfered again I'm going to be really annoyed. :(

Also, forgot about a little something. Possibly deliberately. We will never know if that was the case.

Whoa! Eifie's following me!

Agh, that would have been promising.

Well, Negrek's information was apparently right, because I got a notification that I could now choose my night action without restrictions, which is nice, I guess. Though I still abstained last night; I don't really have any further ideas, and roleblocking people at random seems kind of pointless when nobody's been dying anyway.

Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom