• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Trainer Class Pokéchoice Mafia - Game Thread

Despite rising tensions with the increasing amount of deaths in the group, the discussion carried along in civility and dignity, without excess, even if the end goal was to execute someone.

But it was not to last -- not until a sudden bout of violence that would quickly polarize it all.

A fight has broken out between Mai and Butterfree!

For the remainder of this day phase, only Mai and Butterfree may participate in the day discussion. Other players may only post "Go, Mai!" or "Go, Butterfree!" in order to cast a vote against the opposing player (i.e., "Go Mai!" is a vote against Butterfree, and vice-versa). Neither Mai nor Butterfree may cast votes. Any player other than Mai and Butterfree who makes any posts containing anything other than the specified voting words will be modkilled.

48-hour extension. (Not cumulative with the previous 24-hour extension.)

Whatttt.

No, I did not ask for this. What the hell. Is this hopeandjoy's secret second power or something?

Uuugh. I'm assuming it's that, then.

Okay, assuming you're telling the truth, in the spirit of mutual cooperation ... I'd still rather live than die, since I'd be taking Eifie down with me if I did, and I still have role play to protect us at night (at least tonight). You can kill hopeandjoy at night, but if both Eifie and I die, and you're some sort of cult/scum, that might pose some problems...

(And, well, if I'm targeted, I can kill hopeandjoy.)

(If some other scum did this and hopeandjoy is innocent, it would be a brilliant ploy to get an innocent lynch and an innocent nightkill by someone else, but I highly doubt that.)

I have no other power I swear to God. If I do, it wasn't communicated to me, which is weird.

Honestly, the person I don't trust is Eifie, so Mai.

Any player other than Mai and Butterfree who makes any posts containing anything other than the specified voting words will be modkilled.
I'll be sitting on the alignment reveal for now, if you people don't mind (you do, but that's not the point).

hopeandjoy is dead.

I'll be sitting on the alignment reveal for now, if you people don't mind (you do, but that's not the point).

hopeandjoy is dead.

I mind with the burning rage of a thousand suns.

Anyway, lovers with benefits, in this case it's out-of-thread communication (I'm putting it in-thread anyway, whatever):

Alligates said:
Um... it's looking a lot like somebody realized that offing the two of us would give them a majority. My money's on Alligates. It would fit Plusle and Minun, don't you think? You can say whatever you want, right? You can tell people in the thread that I said this if you want. Also, please get RtB to freaking pay attention and ask MF what his power can do about today's verdict. I'm going to have to vote for Butterfree because the loss of two innocents right now is just a horrible idea, but I'll do it later.

That's... what I was thinking and meant to say/imply, but looking back on it, I guess I didn't.

That makes tons of sense, but flavor was after roles/mechanics, so (well, it still makes tons of sense). Anyway, despite the ~mystery~ surrounding hopeandjoy's alignment, we can at least conclude she wasn't the only scum, or the game should've ended. So she's either innocent or part of a larger cult/afia/whatever.

RTB, you really should do that. Since someone already took it upon themselves to make Butterfree and I do the thing.

Originally Posted by Alligates
Um... it's looking a lot like somebody realized that offing the two of us would give them a majority. My money's on Alligates. It would fit Plusle and Minun, don't you think? You can say whatever you want, right? You can tell people in the thread that I said this if you want. Also, please get RtB to freaking pay attention and ask MF what his power can do about today's verdict. I'm going to have to vote for Butterfree because the loss of two innocents right now is just a horrible idea, but I'll do it later.

Originally PMed by Eifie, obviously...

Let it be stated for the record that RespectTheBlade is verbally restricted at the moment, so chances are that you won't be hearing about any Q&A during this Day phase.

Bastardy as it feels to stipulate that, that's the thing for y'all.

MF, you are the most annoying. I don't suppose hopeandjoy's attempt to vote counted, did it?

Well. Okay, hang on. Last time MF had The Thing to my knowledge, it forced the user and a target of their choice to be the ones dueling. And that makes a great deal more sense to me than forcing two other people to duke it out - after all, that's just a free pass from being lynched with some pointless flavoring that extends the day, while the original is a more interesting strategic move. Given that... I'm getting this creeping feeling that Mai is actually behind this after all, and Mai and Eifie have been duping us thoroughly. This would be really convenient timing, just after the revelation of their pseudo-lovers status, where presumably people would try to avoid killing two innocents at all costs, and they can divert attention towards Alligates as the supposed instigator of this instead. Uuugh. I hope I'm wrong on this but Iiii'm starting to think you're mafia/cult/something help.

Well. Okay, hang on. Last time MF had The Thing to my knowledge, it forced the user and a target of their choice to be the ones dueling. And that makes a great deal more sense to me than forcing two other people to duke it out - after all, that's just a free pass from being lynched with some pointless flavoring that extends the day, while the original is a more interesting strategic move. Given that... I'm getting this creeping feeling that Mai is actually behind this after all, and Mai and Eifie have been duping us thoroughly. This would be really convenient timing, just after the revelation of their pseudo-lovers status, where presumably people would try to avoid killing two innocents at all costs, and they can divert attention towards Alligates as the supposed instigator of this instead. Uuugh. I hope I'm wrong on this but Iiii'm starting to think you're mafia/cult/something help.

And the second one allows the user to set up two other choices for lynch, most of which may be bad... I would say it's still interesting. Overpowered might be the word, but I don't know.

You are, don't worry! ... I haven't been planning and thinking enough on this game to come up with a plan like that, honestly. And neither of us have powers like that... that's not very reassuring, I'm sure, but it's at least true.

Go, Butterfree!

:( Assuming you're innocent: a double death is really dangerous now! I don't really suspect Butterfree, but if she's cult/afia/something, then she can kill tonight, and depending on if she has any remaining allies, she may win the game.

I think if we can't trust RTB to change the day decision, then we should definitely lynch Butterfree; ideally, RTB, you should be changing the decision to abstain... and Butterfree, would you want to use your vigilante powers? If hopeandjoy turns up innocent, kill Alligates, or something like that?

(RTB was online after the request and posted in the Smash Bros thread; no clue on whether he's read this thread, obviously... if so, RTB, could you make a vote? As long as you can still override it after, it would be nice to see!)

Eifie said:
You might want to bring up why the hell would we bother with this kind of thing right now if we were bad guys when hopeandjoy already had two votes.

(And I never actually voted for hopeandjoy, so it could've been three.)

Eifie said:
You might want to bring up why the hell would we bother with this kind of thing right now if we were bad guys when hopeandjoy already had two votes.
(And I never actually voted for hopeandjoy, so it could've been three.)
To make it look like hopeandjoy obviously did it, thus simultaneously getting rid of me and just-about guaranteeing hopeandjoy will be killed next (and when hopeandjoy was modkilled, you immediately sowed the seeds for Alligates to be targeted instead).

Given hopeandjoy not only didn't do it but seemed completely unaware of how this even works, in fact, it doesn't seem like something someone on hopeandjoy's team would have done to save her, which leaves "get at least one innocent killed while making it look like hopeandjoy was behind it" as the only real explanation I can think of for why this was done, even if it wasn't you.

As for the interestingness of doing The Thing with two other people, that makes it basically the same power as "override the day decision with one of your choosing" except the day gets extended and you can choose two potential targets instead of one (and I would think in the overwhelming majority of cases where you'd really want to use this power, there are at least two players you wouldn't mind killing - either you're scum and want some innocents to be killed instead of some scum that might otherwise be under fire, or you're innocent and know who the scum are but they outvote you and the only way to continue is to get one of them lynched anyway).

I guess I'm being paranoid, but hey, that's how you should play mafia.

To make it look like hopeandjoy obviously did it, thus simultaneously getting rid of me and just-about guaranteeing hopeandjoy will be killed next (and when hopeandjoy was modkilled, you immediately sowed the seeds for Alligates to be targeted instead).

Given hopeandjoy not only didn't do it but seemed completely unaware of how this even works, in fact, it doesn't seem like something someone on hopeandjoy's team would have done to save her, which leaves "get at least one innocent killed while making it look like hopeandjoy was behind it" as the only real explanation I can think of for why this was done, even if it wasn't you.

As for the interestingness of doing The Thing with two other people, that makes it basically the same power as "override the day decision with one of your choosing" except the day gets extended and you can choose two potential targets instead of one (and I would think in the overwhelming majority of cases where you'd really want to use this power, there are at least two players you wouldn't mind killing - either you're scum and want some innocents to be killed instead of some scum that might otherwise be under fire, or you're innocent and know who the scum are but they outvote you and the only way to continue is to get one of them lynched anyway).

I guess I'm being paranoid, but hey, that's how you should play mafia.

Eifie said:
For Butterfree:

But hopeandjoy was going to be lynched anyway. If it was really Mai who instigated it, why on earth wouldn't they wait until tomorrow after hopeandjoy had been lynched to do the same thing instead of needlessly putting themself at risk today? This standoff thing seems like kind of a desperate move on someone's part.

Also: why does the fact that the gladiator role worked a certain way in MF's last game mean that it should work exactly the same way in this game?

Mai's already claimed two powers. It's quite clear by now that we're sort-of-lovers, but I suppose nobody but me has reason to believe that Captivate is their power and not mine. Role Play seems a bit convoluted for them to have just made up. Do you think Mai actually has three powers, or do you think they're lying about one of the two that they've claimed? Does it really seem that likely to you that Mai was the one who started this gladiator thing? Even your own reasoning seems to point to somebody other than them.

Eifie said:
Really, it could only have been Alligates: I believe that you didn't do it, since I don't think you made up Role Play and honestly this would have been an incredibly silly move of you right now. I believe both of Superbird's claims (also, he didn't vote for you). I really doubt RtB would have done this. I believe Butterfree is innocent, and it definitely wasn't me. hopeandjoy obviously didn't do it.

Alligates has kept her second power a secret, and has been the only one to vote against you. The person who did this knows that killing you would get rid of me, since presumably they're a bad guy, and hopefully you're not. It's got to have been her.

That would be a lot of risk to put upon myself, especially since you were one of the most trusted players (reference: Eifie's and kind of Alligates's earlier posts).

Yes, and that still gives the others /some/ sort of power, see: the difference between roles, killing one innocent versus two, etc. Most people would have one person they'd want to kill most, I think, and why would we necessarily expect for The Thing to be the exact same across games? Metallica's games are known for having tricky and unique roles.

If Mai did it, I would assume Captivate isn't a thing at all; you'd be able to communicate because you're mafia/cult, and you'd have made up Captivate to make you more likely to survive The Thing against a pretty trusted player by virtue of the "wouldn't want to kill two innocents" thing.

Eifie said:
But hopeandjoy was going to be lynched anyway. If it was really Mai who instigated it, why on earth wouldn't they wait until tomorrow after hopeandjoy had been lynched to do the same thing instead of needlessly putting themself at risk today?
You wouldn't be at a greater risk doing the same thing today than tomorrow - in fact, I'd think you'd be at less risk doing it now when there's a seemingly really obvious scapegoat explanation for what happened (hopeandjoy trying to get out of being lynched). Presumably nobody would have thought of the possibility you did it if I hadn't started way overthinking things. And while I seem to be reasonably well trusted, people have been pretty suspicious of me too before, so with the power of your lovers claim and the fact I trusted you pretty well and would probably have recommended people vote against me if I hadn't started overthinking things (as you seemed to be encouraging me to do at the start), I'd have thought you had a pretty good bet going.

But yeeeeah probably overthinking things.

Back
Top Bottom