• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 3]

It's not like the discussion has to stop after the boldtype starts; it's just that people tend to just bandwagon instead of discussing after the boldtype starts.

Random thing I forgot to suggest earlier; maybe Bloodmania was a lover, and chose Zora so they could talk with each other during the game?

Eh, I think somebody brought it up, but it was discarded because that still didn't make sense. Why would Zora kill her lover instead of trying to argue for his innocence?

I think the explanation that made the most sense is that they are unrelated in the mafia game but are lovers in real life, thus making Zora go "screw this nobody can kill my love but me" or something.

Something I just noticed but that seems pretty unlikely: what if Mawile became the Mafia don after res died? That would explain the differing flavour text for the kills. res had a gun, but after he died, if he was the Mafia don (which I think we've concluded he probably was) he would have been replaced by someone else with a different power trope, who might have had a different method of killing. Two of the kills the two nights after that had blood coming out of the victim's ears, which I think some people said might have been the Mafia doctor, but it could also have been the new Mafia don's power. Then Mawile died on the second of those nights (but I think kills always go through even if the killer is targeted by another killer, unless they are roleblocked) and if she was the Mafia don, she would have had to be replaced by someone else with potentially a different power trope. Then the night after that, Lupine Volt was torn apart by dogs and that was the only death.

The flavour text said that Mawile was asleep in her bed when she was killed, so that doesn't seem too likely, but maybe her method of killing was a delayed poison or something that causes blood to come out of the ears?

Hrml. This is interesting, and makes quite a lot of sense. But there's still the kill where the victim becomes a giant splatter of blood.

And Mawile doesn't have to die before she killed; her body could have just been discovered later. She still could have killed that night.

Not bandwagoning for the moment because last time I bandwagoned an innocent died and I don't like it when innocents die.

Hrml. This is interesting, and makes quite a lot of sense. But there's still the kill where the victim becomes a giant splatter of blood.

And Mawile doesn't have to die before she killed; her body could have just been discovered later. She still could have killed that night.

Walker presumably killed Mawile, and if Mawile was the don and responsible for the blood coming out of the ears, she would have been the one to kill him.

Maybe Superbird was even responsible for the giant splatter of blood death after he died? That was the same night he died, right? Also, that seems more believable than him having an effect on the MI deaths.

Last edited:

Something I just noticed but that seems pretty unlikely: what if Mawile became the Mafia don after res died? That would explain the differing flavour text for the kills. res had a gun, but after he died, if he was the Mafia don (which I think we've concluded he probably was) he would have been replaced by someone else with a different power trope, who might have had a different method of killing. Two of the kills the two nights after that had blood coming out of the victim's ears, which I think some people said might have been the Mafia doctor, but it could also have been the new Mafia don's power. Then Mawile died on the second of those nights (but I think kills always go through even if the killer is targeted by another killer, unless they are roleblocked) and if she was the Mafia don, she would have had to be replaced by someone else with potentially a different power trope. Then the night after that, Lupine Volt was torn apart by dogs and that was the only death.

The flavour text said that Mawile was asleep in her bed when she was killed, so that doesn't seem too likely, but maybe her method of killing was a delayed poison or something that causes blood to come out of the ears?

Sounds plausible, and also like something subtle but meaningful. Kinda like a Clue Game clue?

Anyway, bandwagoning. Lynch Big Red Cherry Bomb.

You can't stop a moving bandwagon. Zora saw her love would die and killed him herself.

Im still fuzzy about MIs dying. Maybe the Mafia thought we were lying and thought we were like Oracles. I know I DID when I got the PM, so they offed as many as they could.

I believe there is one Mafia with a lot of killing roles. Butterchuru said Innoncents only win when all of the Mafioso killing roles are gone, nothing about wiping them out.

BRCB

I believe there is one Mafia with a lot of killing roles. Butterchuru said Innoncents only win when all of the Mafioso killing roles are gone, nothing about wiping them out.

Yeah, I noticed that part and thought that the way it was worded was a bit odd. I wonder if that means that when the Mafia don dies, it doesn't get replaced?

Isn't that how it usually works, though? I remember an old game where some mafia-aligned person tried to get the only other mafia member lynched. The innocents won because the mafia-aligned person didn't inherit the killing role afterwards.

So it would more likely imply that it goes as usual - several mafia with a hierarchy, and when one dies someone else takes over as the killer - but with several mafiosos that can't inherit the killing role even if all other mafiosos are dead, and therefore loses.

It's much more likely that Butterfree is trying to get at the fact that there are potentially mafia-aligned non-killing roles such as a mafia-aligned doctor or a mafia-aligned oracle.

How many times must it be emphasised that flavour text doesn't really mean anything? >:(

agh homework concerts rehearsal

Will try to contribute more when my brain isn't fried. Big Red Cherry Bomb.

...Let's hope they're not an alien. :/

I meant to warn everyone that I was going to be away these last couple of days but by the time I remembered it was the night phase already ... Well, I've got nothing to contribute yet anyway, so I guess it didn't matter.

Big Red Cherry Bomb

Vixie ♥;453962 said:
How many times must it be emphasised that flavour text doesn't really mean anything? >:(
Uh, yes, it does? That was explicitly specified in the first post of this thread. In particular, the method of death is indicative of how that player was killed - you just don't know which description corresponds to what cause of death.

Other aspects of the flavor text may or may not be relevant.

Speaking of method of death, I thought it was established that 'blood out of the ears' = dockill. :x?

Not going to vote for FMC when I don't think she's mafia. :/

I thought so, too. I don't think it was confirmed either way, but we can't really do that without doctors giving themselves away. The flavour text (which is, in this giant game of confusion, pretty much all we have to go on, Vixie!) with the ears-bleeding bit suggests a clash of doctors or healing spells more than an obvious method of actual, direct killing, but I suppose that could still be a red herring. The creepy Blue-Handed guys from Firefly had a horrible device that made people who listened to its frequency start bleeding from their eyes, ears and god knows what else.

In terms of killing methods, I'm still intrigued by the the Mysterious Informants all dying of simultaneous heart attacks.

Re: the "mafia killing role" thing - would a role like Zora's count? She was Mafia-aligned and clearly capable of killing, but, please correct me if I'm wrong, a Terrorist role is usually mafia-aligned, but they don't know who she is.

Last edited:

Re: the "mafia killing role" thing - would a role like Zora's count? She was Mafia-aligned and clearly capable of killing, but, please correct me if I'm wrong, a Terrorist role is usually mafia-aligned, but they don't know who she is.

I wouldn't think so, she showed up as not Mafia after she died.

Uh, yes, it does? That was explicitly specified in the first post of this thread. In particular, the method of death is indicative of how that player was killed - you just don't know which description corresponds to what cause of death.

Other aspects of the flavor text may or may not be relevant.

Oh. :| I missed that somehow. Time to re-read the entire thread.

I thought "blood out of ears" was established as mafia sound/word kill, from Jack's info.

I wouldn't think so, she showed up as not Mafia after she died.
Normally, terrorists are mafia-aligned but show up as not mafia upon death because they're not actually part of the mafia in-group; they can't communicate with the mafia, don't know who they are, don't nightkill and the innocents don't need to kill them in order to win.

Last edited:

Are they counted in the Mafia killing role group we must kill this game?

Back
Top Bottom