• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 1]

Probably wrong, but oh well. I have to roleclaim to explain tho'.

My role is Praetorian Guard. I can Take The Bullet for someone, in this case I targeted Kratos. If that person is attacked, there's a 50% chance I'll die in their place, and a 50% chance I'll survive and kill the attacker.

So the Mafia might have targeted Kratos, and I killed 'em.

Given Kratos' experience with Mafia games (just look at the AA mafia!) it's not entirely implausible that the Mafia went for him first night. Of course, if there're two Mafia factions, that's still one death unaccounted for.

Given Kratos' experience with Mafia games (just look at the AA mafia!) it's not entirely implausible that the Mafia went for him first night. Of course, if there're two Mafia factions, that's still one death unaccounted for.

Yeah, that's why I protected him in the first place.

Does this lend credibility to the theory I posted earlier that the Mafia targeted Tailsy? Or is that still a bit farfetch'd?

I suggested that Superbird nominated Tailsy because he was in a mafia faction that targeted her last night.

...but why would he do that? Since Tailsy's still alive, she must either have been healed or an alien. Even mafia don't want an alien win.

I think his point was that "mafia Superbird" was originally trying to orchestrate Tailsy's death (because she's an experienced player), and because it somehow failed he's trying to finish the job by having her lynched.

Mgh. Call me paranoid, but I still think voting for Superbird's a bit rash at this stage. My vote stays where it is, but if you all feel it's best then go ahead and take majority. I guess I can't think of an argument against it aside from "gut says no".

@Dave Strider: :D And here I thought that whole "Kratos is not allowed to survive beyond the first night of a mafia game" rule was going to come back into effect again.

EDIT: Ninja'd, whoops. Presumably he'd try to get her lynched because he's confident betting against her being alien--especially since she hasn't done anything to try and make herself look bad (otherwise he wouldn't have had to make up bogus "evidence").

I think his point was that "mafia Superbird" was originally trying to orchestrate Tailsy's death (because she's an experienced player), and because it somehow failed he's trying to finish the job by having her lynched.

Mgh. Call me paranoid, but I still think voting for Superbird's a bit rash at this stage. My vote stays where it is, but if you all feel it's best then go ahead and take majority.

@Dave Strider: :D And here I thought that whole "Kratos is not allowed to survive beyond the first night of a mafia game" rule was going to come back into effect again.

48/49 at the very least that Superbird is not activated alien. As someone else pointed out earlier, he's just irritating when it comes to Mafia; and even if he isn't mafia, I wouldn't consider it a big loss.

1/49 at most that Superbird is activated alien, and as someone else also pointed out, that would definitely set some sort of awesome record - and butterfree would probably go D<!! and restart the game.

So in my eyes, win-win!

I agree with Kratos in that lynching Superbird is a rash idea which might not turn out well. (It's also nice to see you in a game for day 1! :D Well done Davey-o.)

I wouldn't call myself experienced though. (´・ω・`)

Thank you. :3

I'm sticking with my vote. Even though Superbird might not be Mafia, it's pretty much as efficient as a randlynch, and it's our best lead in my opinion.

Well. My gut says superbird is mafia, but I am a coward and don't want the game to end on the first day. So, what Kratos said. I'm going to abstain, but I entirely support Superbird's lynching. Except for the part that I'm scared to death, but.

So yeah. Unsure, really.

What are the votes now?

So. If I do turn out to be mafia, remember what I have been saying. Remember it—And I really don't think there are two mafia factions.

Lynch Superbird

The rest of this game will be fun to watch =)

What have you been saying that wasn't something trumped-up and ridiculous? Aside from the insubstantial remarks about Tailsy and vague threats, I don't recall you saying anything worth remembering. If you want to make a point, elaborate. Otherwise just stop talking.

See, now I /really/ think lynching him's a bad idea.

ROLECLAIM. Superbird. Please. If you really want to lynch yourself, and you're really innocent, tell us what you are at least.

I choose to lynch Superbird...you just seem supicious and Linoone brings up really good points

>.<; Did you even read my post?

48/49 at the very least that Superbird is not activated alien. As someone else pointed out earlier, he's just irritating when it comes to Mafia; and even if he isn't mafia, I wouldn't consider it a big loss.

1/49 at most that Superbird is activated alien, and as someone else also pointed out, that would definitely set some sort of awesome record - and butterfree would probably go D<!! and restart the game.

So in my eyes, win-win!

That's only on the assumption that there's only one alien in the game though. And since there're 50 people, and it's Butterchuru's mafia game, it's possible that there're more aliens/alien-like roles.

Again, I'm still against lynching Superbird today because there's a chance that he might be an activated alien. I propose that we lynch him tomorrow, in case he's alien.

And I don't want to lose this mafia game to Superbird! D:

I think it's really suspicious how Superbird is so eager to lynch people in this game. First, he suggests Taisy, which is not a good choice since Tailsy is one of the more experienced players, so we'd want to keep her alive unless we're really sure that she's mafia. Then he's the first to bandwagon Walker's Minnow lynch. Let's see what he says here:

^It's posted, but I think that is a fine choice.

Minnow

Walker is randlynching Minnow because Minnow seemed like an inactive who has a chance of being Mafia based on his assumption that Minnow hasn't posted. This is normal game logic, especially on the first day when there's no clues -- lynch a person who has viewed the thread and hasn't posted, because people who do that usually have something to hide (like what Mafia Dannichu did in another mafia game).

And Superbird just wants to lynch Minnow even though Minnow has posted.

So, either Superbird is really stupid, or he's really suspicious. Since he's won quite a few Mafia games prior to this one, I'm inclined towards the second choice.

About the Mafia doctor... In a mafia game I played before (can't remember which one it was, but) I was a Mafia Doctor, and my power was that I was able to "heal" a person of my choice. The "healed" person doesn't get healed, but will still die of a healing overdose. I'm not sure if the Mafia Doctor role (assuming that there is one) in this game will have the same effects, but it's the only clue I've got.

Also, I'm pretty sure sres didn't die of a double heal, since Barchufree did say that the flavor text contains hints, and sres died of a bullet wound. I'm pretty sure healing clashes don't kill via bullet wounds.

NINJA'D: LOOK AT SUPERBIRD'S POST. LOOK AT IT. ABSTAIN ABSTAIN ABSTAIN D: LYNCH HIM TOMORROW IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LYNCH!

Last edited:

...guys, he's obviously lynching himself to trick people into thinking he's an alien. I should know; I did the same thing in Mirrormen and got the exact same reaction.

Unless he says what his role is, I'm not changing my vote.

YES LOOK AT SUPERBIRD'S POST

LOOK AT IT

He voted for himself. I knew it was right to abstain!

Well, actually, I was totally unsure.

UNLESS Superbird is actually mafia and voted for himself as his one last chance at staying alive. Eh, I don't know.

EDIT: Karkat said what I had said in that last sentence, but faster. Except more sure of himself and confident that Superbird is alien, but I'm not. The options D:

Last edited:

...guys, he's obviously lynching himself to trick people into thinking he's an alien. I should know; I did the same thing in Mirrormen and got the exact same reaction.

Unless he says what his role is, I'm not changing my vote.

Except for the part where, if I recall what I read correctly, you were the alien. Your theory is that he's not an alien. I get what you're saying, but it really isn't the same thing at all. Or am I misunderstanding you?

EDIT: No never mind I get it.

Wait, was Superbird in Mirrormen I?

EDIT: The actual role he has is irrelevant; he's nominating himself to imply that he does something bad if lynched.

Back
Top Bottom