• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 1]

All I'm gonna say is that no, I'm not an Alien, and that yes, I am mafia aligned. Look back at the post that made everyone suspicious: See a connection?

That leads us back to the original question: what the fuck are you?

Here's an idea: why don't you tell us your associated tropes? I don't think you're that active of a troper, so you wouldn't be able to bullshit it.

What have you been saying that wasn't something trumped-up and ridiculous? Aside from the insubstantial remarks about Tailsy and vague threats, I don't recall you saying anything worth remembering. If you want to make a point, elaborate. Otherwise just stop talking.

See, now I /really/ think lynching him's a bad idea.

Unless he wants us to think that he's going to do something terrible. It's entirely possible that he has some boom-boom terrorist role (or not) that only works if he gets lynched.

Mafia, no matter who we lynch today (if we lynch at all), if you targeted Superbird for any reason last night, target him again tonight (that is, assuming Superbird's not Mafia). If you didn't target him last night, certainly don't target him tonight.

That being said, I'll wait until more people respond to decide whether to abstain or randlynch Minnow.

EDIT: I did not see all those posts on this page but I can't say anything else because I have to leave right now :/

Unless he wants us to think that he's going to do something terrible. It's entirely possible that he has some boom-boom terrorist role (or not) that only works if he gets lynched.

He would have blown me up by now if that was the case, wouldn't he?

Honestly, he wouldn't have voted for himself in that case.

...guys, he's obviously lynching himself to trick people into thinking he's an alien. I should know; I did the same thing in Mirrormen and got the exact same reaction.

Unless he says what his role is, I'm not changing my vote.

Eh, point. But there's still the chance that he might be Alien or something weird that requires him to die to win, and I don't want to take that chance. I don't want to be hasty and lynch him right away, since he's really suspicious. Unless we can be pretty darn sure that he's not alien, I'm still going to abstain.

Again, lynch him tomorrow. If he is activated alien, the mafia should know and kill him tonight. If he's not an activated alien, then he should still be alive tomorrow. Then we can lynch him. We'd have a smaller chance of inducing an alien win this way, and we still get to kill him if he's Mafia (or not kill him, if new evidence pops up showing that he's Innocent).

Superbird, please ROLE CLAIM.

NINJA'D: WILL ADD ON LATER. When I figure out what's going on.

Last edited:

Superbird, you were given two tropes man. Care to share?

also fgsfds stop calling it abstain guys
no lynch makes way more sense

I support lynching Superbird tomorrow. It should destroy whatever plans Superbird has for a lynch-kill today, if any exist, and that he dies tomorrow also destroys his plans if he's trying to make us so suspicious of him we're afraid to kill him. Assuming he's an alien, literally everyone else has incentive for him not to win, so, assuming everyone's being rational, they won't be protecting him from any kills tonight. And if the Mafia hasn't targeted him and had reason to suspect him of being an alien, they won't target him because it risks activating him for tomorrow. It also gives them all safety from the lynch tomorrow, as well as possibly everyone else, so that's like a double-incentive.

And even if he's a mere MwFiE, at least he's not dying on his own terms. idk, he seems annoying enough that this justifies it :[

Last edited by a moderator:

Notice how he withholds from giving us information that could actually help us determine his role.

Yeah, I think he's faking it.

Alright, so I have basically nothing useful to add except my vote, which is for no lynch (or abstain, whichever.) I don't really want to find out what Superbird's acting so smug about - of course, he could be lying, but I don't wanna take the risk. Not on the first day at least.

Butterchuru sounds kinda like Butterchurro.

While we're on non-sequiteurs: I think it sounds more like 'Butterchu'. As in, one of Mewkitty's Fake Mews from back in th' day. That's a blast from the past, right there.

uv, if it helps, I'm in the UK but operate more along your timezones (I slept from 5am-8am, was awake for a bit, and then slept again from 11am-7pm and have been awake since and don't forsee myself sleeping until the very early hours of this morning), so I miss most of the cool discussion, too.

No change in my vote until if/when Superbird says what it is.

Karkat Vankas said:
Yeah, I think he's faking it.

even if he is, I'd rather not lynch him until we know for sure - it would be too easy to go 'well pff, obviously faking, let's lynch' and then for him to win by exploding everyone else or something.

so, no lynch! unless someone suggests a better victim..?

While we're on non-sequiteurs: I think it sounds more like 'Butterchu'. As in, one of Mewkitty's Fake Mews from back in th' day. That's a blast from the past, right there.
Holy crap I remember Mewkitty's fake Pokemon! I used to think they were like the best things ever :D

I don't really have anything else to add, unless Superbird reveals his role and power. I'm still extremely suspicious of him, but I won't change my vote just yet, especially when he's voted to lynch himself.

Well. Everything just got a bunch more complicated.

On the idea of lynching Superbird tomorrow rather than today: Problem is, what if the mafia targets him as unactivated alien, activates him, and THEN we lynch? 'Course, now we're pretty sure that Superbird isn't the alien, right? Which leads into...

Lynching Superbird: I am going to keep abstaining for now. The fact that Superbird won't say anything means that he will do something bad upon death or he wants us to think that... and I'm too paranoid to take that risk right now. I would very much like to get a trope-claim, but it looks like that isn't happening given the above post.

The mafia doesn't want an Alien win either anyways, so I'm sure they'd just try again. Unless a healer clash plus a Mafia hit/vigilante/scrambler/etc. could take out the alien in 1 night.

All right. I am...

A Minion With an F in Evil.

Nothing more.
Thanks for confirming you're Mafia-affiliated. Please give us the other trope you got.
Where did this post come from? This corresponds to none of Superbird's posts, and its post-pointer link is invalid. Also, none of his posts have been edited.

Speaking of editing, opaltiger, why have you been in here messing with people's posts? (Kusari's as well.)

Finally, is personal post-deletion allowed? Should I undelete Lupine Volt's post?

Back
Top Bottom