• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 1]

This is the second biggest mafia thread. Just throwing that out there. Also, Negrek, it appears that Superbird or some mod/admin deleted his roleclaim. So, no, Kammington wasn't going crazy.

... On an unrelated note, I didn't notice Superbird's post wasn't there until just now.

But yeah, I remember the original post, so Joo Dee's right, Karkat wasn't crazy.

... On an unrelated note, I didn't notice Superbird's post wasn't there until just now.

But yeah, I remember the original post, so Joo Dee's right, Karkat wasn't crazy.
There is currently only one deleted post in this thread, belonging to Lupine Volt, not Superbird.

I can see all deleted posts, and that one isn't there. The only way that it could be hidden is if a moderator or administrator came in and used the "physically remove" option on it, and why would they do that?

Where was the original post in the thread? Like, where did it fall in the posting order?

Around after Blastoise's (Foamy) first post on page 8 to before Walker's abstain post.

...what?

Well, that's weird. It might've been between Walker's post and Karkat's, I think. It might've not even been there at all. I suck at noticing details sometimes. I could walk by this and not see a thing.

Between posts 145 and 146 (Karkat Vantas and Crazy Linoone), to be specific. I recall because I did see his post, and Linoone posted immediately after him saying "please ROLECLAIM"; then she edited it when she saw that she had been directly ninja'd by the roleclaim, a.k.a. the vanishing post that Karkat quoted.

I assume that posting a link to the trope(s) you claim make up your role/power is against the rules; that said, I don't know why opal wouldn't have just edited out the link in Superbird's as well, or else also edited the quote out of Karkat's post.

Between posts 145 and 146 (Karkat Vantas and Crazy Linoone), to be specific. I recall because I did see his post, and Linoone posted immediately after him saying "please ROLECLAIM"; then she edited it when she saw that she had been directly ninja'd by the roleclaim, a.k.a. the vanishing post that Karkat quoted.

I assume that posting a link to the trope(s) you claim make up your role/power is against the rules; that said, I don't know why opal wouldn't have just edited out the link in Superbird's as well, or else also edited the quote out of Karkat's post.
Ugh. Well. My head asplode, I guess.

Yes, Superbird roleclaime-ninja'd me as A Minion With an F in Evil, so I edited my post.

I think opaltiger is editing out all the roleclaims that link to TVtropes.

Also, for those thinking about lynching/not please read Kurasi's post which I quote below! It's a good plan, by any chance, and safer than "lynch lynch lynch".

I support lynching Superbird tomorrow. It should destroy whatever plans Superbird has for a lynch-kill today, if any exist, and that he dies tomorrow also destroys his plans if he's trying to make us so suspicious of him we're afraid to kill him. Assuming he's an alien, literally everyone else has incentive for him not to win, so, assuming everyone's being rational, they won't be protecting him from any kills tonight. And if the Mafia hasn't targeted him and had reason to suspect him of being an alien, they won't target him because it risks activating him for tomorrow. It also gives them all safety from the lynch tomorrow, as well as possibly everyone else, so that's like a double-incentive.

And even if he's a mere MwFiE, at least he's not dying on his own terms. idk, he seems annoying enough that this justifies it :[

Well. It's apparent that Superbird is not going to cooperate further (hm, possibly even because he was admonished for something involving the Magical Disappearing Post, though he's been generally unhelpful anyway. Regardless, hey GMs, you mind telling us we're not allowed to do things so no one else does them by mistake?). Which means that a decision needs to be made. The majority of the votes are for abstaining/not lynching; there are quite a few votes to lynch Superbird; Minnow was mentioned as a candidate for "random lynching", though Superbird has since voted for himself and I think Walker changed his vote so I don't believe there are any votes for her now.

Now, we could lynch Superbird (still do not want), but at this point I think it's pretty clear that he's not going to see tomorrow morning--if the mafia is afraid of activated alien then they'll kill him, and if they aren't/if Superbird is mafia then I'm sure some other player with a kill power or something like it will find a way to get rid of him. (Really, at this point I can't imagine that even the mafiosi themselves are happy keeping him around--if he is mafia then he's just up and given himself away on day one when he had every opportunity to play more carefully and keep their numbers high.) That seems like a much, much safer option then just lynching someone so obnoxiously cryptic in a game with so many unknowns. I do prefer lynching to not lynching, however, and would rather try to make some headway. Are we good with the idea of lynching randomly/lynching an inactive? That way we still get some information/maybe hit mafia but don't risk any more nonsense with Superbird's irritating mind games.

EDIT: aaand twenty-minute ninja. Pretty much most of my sentiments, anyway.

Last edited:

Well, I had a plan, but it involved Superbird not being half-assed in his tropeclaim. :| Right now I pretty much agree with Kusari/Kratos' idea of going after Superbird tomorrow; not really sure if we could get enough votes to randlynch somebody, but I'd prefer it. Bloodmania has viewed the thread, but unless I'm double-blind he hasn't posted, so, Acceptable Target?

Yeah, he roleclaimed as a minion with an F in evil. Which is nice

Honestly, if your getting lynched would benefit the Mafia then wouldn't you want to get killed off? I'm reminded of your actions during Viral Mafia, where you were willing to blow up res to assist the mafia. (Strangely enough, res happened to die tonight... coincidence?)

So my vote remains unchanged. I'm not going to be able to affect the general outcome, but I doubt you'd listen to me anyway.

The only thing I'm going to do is advise the healers to refrain from healing him; we don't know how many healers there are, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had multiple vigilante roles as well as a pair of mafia factions. Overkill or not, it's a win-win for the mafia.

Also, if I die this night, Superbird is mafia. Just sayin'.

About opal's edits and Superbird's disappearing post:

It has nothing to do with linking roleclaims to the relevant tropes; it's just that Superbird's role in particular is not allowed to roleclaim, hence why he was so cryptic about it and is now (after being sent a reprimanding PM) refusing to say anything more. When opal saw the claim and alerted me, I removed his post and opal edited out the references; then I figured it was kind of pointless since people had already seen it and we can't exactly modify your memories, so opal edited the references back but was too lazy to relink it. (Meanwhile, since I'd physically removed the post, I couldn't restore that.)

It doesn't matter that much anyway, since he only gave you the role trope and not the power trope. Just carry on. And stop wasting your time trying to get him to roleclaim.

Last edited:

...so he wasn't lying about it?

Eh. The second mafia is going to kill you off anyway, so let's all kill Minnow.

Minnow

...not allowed to roleclaim? That's....different. Anyways, changing vote to Bloodmania.

EDIT: Undoing Bloodmania and voting Minnow because I realized we have more of a chance of overcoming the abstains than with Manic.

That's interesting... Anyway, like everybody else is saying, Superbird seems suspicious, but we'll wait until tomorrow to lynch him. I'm not very keen on randylynching, and even though it won't be a huge loss if we lynch an innocent (with so many players), I'm going to abstain for now.

However, while I am not inclined to form any opinions now, in the Mafia game I hosted, the Mafia were the most active players. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom