• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 3]

We already knew there was more than one healer; we'd like to know if they're both still alive. Or is that what you meant?

They were all still alive when I got the info around a day ago, yes; unless they've died since the question was answered then they're still out there.

... I'm pretty sure there's more like 5-6 healers. 2 healers in a 50-man game? I think not.

Okay, sorry I'm a bit late everyone. Blazhy's right, it gets really complicated really fast in here.

So, uh. I, too, have some information ... not much though, and there's a good chance it's not very helpful. Do you guys want it? (Sorry for the vagueness by the way, I'm really paranoid about roleclaiming if you guys don't think it'll help.)

I assume, Foamy, that you don't have any restrictions on your ability and that you'll be able to ask more questions tonight, correct? I'd like to know what happened with the three claimed mysterious informant deaths last night, maybe whether we are justified in all this paranoia about roleclaiming. The alien news is a little disconcerting, hm. Did you just ask about the existence of such a role, or do you know anything else about it?

Out of curiosity, did any of the Mysterious Informants get any restrictions on who they could inspect?

EDIT: Typo.

There's also a number-based restriction about whom the powers can be used on. Each time a new person is examined, it's also a clue as to what that is, no? So far it's
32. Tailsy
1. Mawile
49. blazheirio889
all somehow determined by choosing to investigate Tailsy first.

Vixie, I'm suspicious. There's no pattern to the numbers here, I don't know why you would be given such a bizarre number pattern with a trope like Captain Obvious, and I don't know why you wouldn't be allowed to tell us your pattern.

Um? It seems obvious to me (right I clicked over to tvtropes to find something punderful to link 'obvious' and 'Captain Obvious' and only now clicked back here forty-five minutes later; not trying that one again) that going from 1 to 49 (seeing how 50 is dead) would result in the next one to be inspected being 2 (Blastoise), the one after that 48 (Espeon), etc, allowing for deaths along the way. Perhaps as the first choice was even, that decided that the next one would be odd, i.e. start from the top? Can you confirm/deny this hypothesis, Vixchan? :3

Not much more to say -- I don't have an inforole (well, not in the traditional sense -- I have information, but iiiit wouldn't be particularly helpful and yeah i'm not about to out myself :B), and though I may not add much to the conversations, I'm still reading them every day! o/

I thought the MI roles were given a fxed amount of information at the start of the game by the GM, which could be shared with everyone else if/when the MI chose to. Rather than it being some kind of inspector role, where they chose who to investigate on a nightly basis.

Is that right, or am I not reading things right? This game moves so fast, I'm losting track of what all these roles are, and I don't fancy trawling back through pages and pages of discussion.

Um? It seems obvious to me (right I clicked over to tvtropes to find something punderful to link 'obvious' and 'Captain Obvious' and only now clicked back here forty-five minutes later; not trying that one again) that going from 1 to 49 (seeing how 50 is dead) would result in the next one to be inspected being 2 (Blastoise), the one after that 48 (Espeon), etc, allowing for deaths along the way. Perhaps as the first choice was even, that decided that the next one would be odd, i.e. start from the top? Can you confirm/deny this hypothesis, Vixchan? :3

That just seems like an awfully convoluted pattern to me. If we were going for something obvious, why not start with number 1, then 2, then 3, etc.?

That just seems like an awfully convoluted pattern to me. If we were going for something obvious, why not start with number 1, then 2, then 3, etc.?

Well, no, I can't connect how it would be related to 'Captain Obvious', but. I'm using inductive deductive inductive reasoning! It's convoluted, yes, but it fits a pattern.

Out of curiosity, did any of the Mysterious Informants get any restrictions on who they could inspect?

Doesn't work like that, not an inspecting/oracle role. Just vanilla innocents with sometimes-informative flavor text.

I thought the MI roles were given a fxed amount of information at the start of the game by the GM, which could be shared with everyone else if/when the MI chose to. Rather than it being some kind of inspector role, where they chose who to investigate on a nightly basis.

This is true.

Lessee, the usual. People roleclaiming and me being confused. :'D

On Vixie's number restriction: The only thing I can think of is the two digits being subtracted or something, like 3-2=1. 1=01, and 0-1= -1, so if you go backwards this could plausibly match up with blazhy. But then this probably isn't right because then people with numbers like 27 would never be inspectable.

On the roleclaimers dying: The idea that there is someone who needs a trope name/both tropes to kill sounds plausible. Maybe they have to target people by saying, for example, "I will kill Captain Obvious who has this power" rather than saying "I will target Vixie."

I assume, Foamy, that you don't have any restrictions on your ability and that you'll be able to ask more questions tonight, correct? I'd like to know what happened with the three claimed mysterious informant deaths last night, maybe whether we are justified in all this paranoia about roleclaiming. The alien news is a little disconcerting, hm. Did you just ask about the existence of such a role, or do you know anything else about it?

I can ask more, yes, but only yes/no questions with no direct answers as to a person's role. :'\ Something like 'did the mysterious informants die due to the effect of their own flavor text?' should do?

Yeah, I could only ask whether or not there was an alien-esque role. I can ask more questions about it now that I know there is one, though!

Hmm... (I'MMA BAAAACK~) Joe Mama seems a good idea to lynch. Like Rai-CH said, if he is Mafia, we've killed a Mafia, but since he doesn't send in night actions according to Rai-CH, Joe Mama seems a good choice to lynch.

Hmm... (I'MMA BAAAACK~) Joe Mama seems a good idea to lynch. Like Rai-CH said, if he is Mafia, we've killed a Mafia, but since he doesn't send in night actions according to Rai-CH, Joe Mama seems a good choice to lynch.

... What? joe mama was lynched yesterday. Uh. What.

I really have nothing to add to the conversation (numbers are a great way of turning off my brain), sorry. :[

W-what are you even talking about. o.o

I don't think we'll be able to figure out Vixie's restriction anytime soon, and it probably won't be that helpful if we do figure it out, so let's just leave it alone now, yes?

I can ask more, yes, but only yes/no questions with no direct answers as to a person's role. :'\ Something like 'did the mysterious informants die due to the effect of their own flavor text?' should do?

Yeah, I could only ask whether or not there was an alien-esque role. I can ask more questions about it now that I know there is one, though!

Hrm, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they didn't die due to their flavor text, so maybe "Did the mysterious informants die due to having roleclaimed" or something like that might help a bit more. Since their flavor text didn't say anything about their dying after roleclaiming, it's probably fine.

And now we know that there's an alien-thing... That's not going to be fun. Especially since I'm super alien-paranoid.

Also, we should start lynching someone soon if we want to lynch today.

Here! Honestly though, I don't have much to say. Too bad.

The number-based restriction seems really strange. If there is some sort of pattern then we should wait till more people are inspected.

Lynching is a bit hard right now, since there's nobody really suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom