• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 5]

General question: what does now knowing that Vixie's Mafia mean for us in regards to people she's so far claimed are innocent?
Well, let's see. She lied about Tailsy, she told the truth about Mawile (though that was presumably due to randomized circumstances beyond her control, as I said in my last post). She might have also lied about other mafiosi; alternatively, short of multiple factions or independent mafia, she'd have a pretty good idea of who was not on her side, and could safely "inspect" an innocent player as innocent. Were it not for NWT's recent revelation, if one of the "inspected" innocents died and flipped innocent, we would be more inclined to believe her because those deaths would confirm her "results".

So, basically, nothing we should act on either way until someone else can confirm the identities of those others. Vixie could have actually inspected them or made things up about them or guessed about them or any of a number of other things, and at this point I don't know that we can really tell one way or the other.

Actually, there is perfectly logical reasoning behind Tailsy flipping mafia. And it might or might not apply to others, too~

Do you still stand by your claim that you are an inspector of some sort?

if Vixie is a Mafia-Non-Inspector, assumign there was only one Mafia, Inspector would actually be safe. She'd know all the Mafia except Terrorists. If she'd never be inspected, and all her 'targets' turned innocent, we'd believe her story.

Why are you assuming the only non-killing mafia roles are terrorists? And to answer Kratos's question, think of me less as an inspector and more of an omniscient.

Well, I guess I meant more "information role" in general, but whatever. Nitpicking. My point being, you stand by the earlier statement that you actually received some sort of information about the players you mentioned, and are still claiming that what you reported was information, truthful as far as you know, given to you by Butterfree. Correct, or are you changing your story?

Oh, I get it. "Captain Obvious" because it's obvious to you, already being Mafia? Or something like that...

(That is, of course, assuming Vixie is telling the truth.)

I could be nice and reveal some of what I know. But given my head is on the chopping block right now and I've already done what I needed to do, I don't think I will~

What.

Just.

Happened.

*brain asplodes for the billionth time*

Well, any terrorists out there willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of all of us? :( I know Zora (darn you, Zora!) already exploded, but since this is an experimental game, who knows... Or anyone who can kill Vixie without having us lynch her anyway; since we can't know if Vixie's win condition depends on us lynching her or not, it's probably safer if we (somehow) kill her now, during the day time.

I think Vixie's win condition may be something like "kill all mafia without dying" and then maybe "get lynched the next day". But we really can't tell.

Vixie claims that she has satisfied her win condition so doesn't care that she dies or not. It could either be that she's lying so we don't lynch her or she's telling the truth and really doesn't care. ASDFASDF

Although although although wouldn't Vixie have won already if she has satisfied her winning condition last night? Which means that we shouldn't lynch her because there's a slightly higher probability that she will definitely win when we lynch her because Butterchuru hasn't said that Vixie won yet even though Vixie claimed that she did win.

FOAMY/BLASTOISE get your butt over here and tell us if there's anything we need to know. And also all the Mysterious Informants (unless your information is useless which then don't roleclaim).

Also, according to one of or MIs (I can't remember whom), there is only one mafia faction.

Although I highly doubt that there're any mafia left, especially since Vixie is acting like this...

Also, still bleeding-from-ear death and blood-splatter death. That means whoever's using those kill methods are still alive. We know that bleeding-from-ear is, at the very least, not completely on the mafia side, since it killed two mafias already, but blood-splatter seems to be the mafia killer. Since the innocents haven't won yet, it's probably safe to assume that there is still at least one killing Mafia left. Said mafia could be Vixie, because she could always be lying about the inspector role, but I highly doubt it.

For what it's worth, Crazy Linoone, and I'm sure you're dying to know, you're innocent. Also, you're wrong about nearly everything.

Vixie ♥;454988 said:
For what it's worth, Crazy Linoone, and I'm sure you're dying to know, you're innocent. Also, you're wrong about nearly everything.

for whatever reason this post doesn't seem to strike me as sarcastic.

is it possible that there are players in this game who don't know whether they're mafia or innocent?

Vixie ♥;454932 said:
Actually, there is perfectly logical reasoning behind Tailsy flipping mafia. And it might or might not apply to others, too~

Vixie ♥;454975 said:
I could be nice and reveal some of what I know. But given my head is on the chopping block right now and I've already done what I needed to do, I don't think I will~

I'm tempted not to do so (because seriously, one would think that you especially would have learned from res that cryptic is not fun), but fine, withdraw my vote from Vixie.

If everyone does so, or enough vote for someone else, then will you be cooperative? :||

I really, really didn't mean to make this so long. I was making a game recap for myself, and then thought it'd be useful for everyone else, so I'm posting it. It focuses more on the actions of dead players than living ones, because we have a better idea of whether they were telling the truth or not.

Known Mafia in bold, known innocents underlined.

Night 0:
sreservoir killed. Gunshot wound. Only death that night. Possibility that Dave Strider, who claimed to be a Praetorian Guard, turned a Mafia attack from sreservoir on Kratos Aurion around.

Day 1* (page 1-10):
We become suspicious of Superbird, but fear a lynch because of Alien risk. Superbird hints that Tailsy is Mafia. Walker suggests we lynch Minnow instead. Superbird votes for himself, saying that he is indeed Mafia, claiming Minion With an F in Evil. Butterfree posts, saying that she edited the roleclaim too late, but "he only gave you the role trope and not the power trope", suggesting that Mafia aren't allowed to role/power claim? Minnow and Bloodmania (both initially suggested by Walker) are both suggested as acceptable lynching targets, but the day ends with more people abstaining and nobody dies.

Night 1:
Superbird is killed. Blood coming from ears. Dave Strider is also found dead, in the form of "a splatter of gore".

Day 2 (p. 10-18):
Walker roleclaims Vigilante/Coat Hat Mask and claims to have killed Superbird. He denies killing sreservoir on Night 0. Vixie roleclaims Inspector, and claims that she inspected Mawile, who showed up as Mafia. She also claims that, from a previous inspection, Tailsy is innocent. Crazy Linoone asks why Mawile was inspected. Kratos very much doubts that Tailsy is Mafia, but to be fair her reasoning makes a lot of sense. Walker then claims to have targeted Mawile on Night 0, only to have her not die.
Mawile then posts with the most bizzaire post we've had all game**, claiming that Vixie is also Mafia. The Innocents try and come up with a 'Protect Walker' plan, while Kusari raises some good points, including "why did Walker kill someone (and why Mawile?) on night 0?" and "Can't the Mafia talke to each other outside of the game?". Vixie says her role has something to do with numbers (???). Kratos suggests Bloodmania for a random lynch. The lynching-Bloodmania bandwagon starts, only for Zora to jump in halfway through and explode on him. Both show up as non-Mafia, and the universe is still yet to come up with a decent explanation for these events.
Karkat Vantas claims a role which gives him some manner of protection from a Mafia hit in the night. When she is suggests as the next random-lynch, Minks claims a similar role. Rai-CH suggests Joe Mama as a random-lynch, which everyone agrees with. Vixie claims to have 'personally picked' the inspection of Tailsy.
Zhorken pops up, claims to be a Mysterious Informant, and the information offered is "There is a Back Alley Doctor around".
Kusari suggests that Superbird's death could be a result of I Know Your True Trope. Mai and Ketsu both also claim to be Myserious Informants, and offer the information that someone is Genre Savvy, and that "there are magic doctors and Nanomachine using doctors. The two sides don't get along". Joo Dee then makes the most ironic comment of the game so far***, and Skylark also claims MI, but says s/he got the same info as Zhorken. Kusari suggests that the MIs revealing their roles is probably not safe.
Finally, Joe Mama was lynched.

Night 2:
Walker found dead. Similarly to Superbird, with blood coming from his ears. The flavourtext notes "his mouth fixed in a weirdly triumphant grin". Unlike Superbird (wherein the mortician found no C.O.D.), internal bleedings are present. Different killer?
Mawile is found dead, with a knife in her back.
Zhorken, Mai and Skylark are all found dead, from 'sudden mysterious heart attacks'.

Day 3 (p. 19-23)
Kusari notes that Ketsu (the remaining MI) didn't die. Rai-CH and Kusari agree that more roleclaiming is a bad idea. Snorlax roleclaims as a MI and offers "My information was the Police Are Useless, but are very consistently so.". Jack sort of roleclaims MI. Vixie claims that blazheirio889 is not Mafia. Jack claims that "In particular, you've heard that language can, in fact, be surprisingly deadly, if employed with enough precision."
Wargle also roleclaims MI and says "you hang around in all sorts of places and know the talk of the town, and it just might be of use to somebody. Well, you haven't really noticed anything strange, but perhaps that's exactly what's so strange: you'd think there would be gang wars in such a populous town...?". This suggests there is only one Mafia faction.
Foamy pops, avoids roleclaiming, and says that there's more than one Doctor and "a player who can be at least loosely called an alien".
Minks roleclaims, stating that she's a Body Double with the power Decoy Getaway.
Littlestream is nominated for lynching, and she claims to be a Non-action Guy with the power What Kind of Lame Power is Heart Anyway. Emerald Espeon backs her up, saying she too is a vanillia townie. ole_schooler suggests we lynch Big Red Cherry Bomb instead. Littlestream says she's suspicious of Karkat, leading him to roleclaim the same as Minks (Body Double).
Littlestream is then lynched.

Night 3:
Lupine Volt is found dead in the form of spattered remains (similar to Dave Strider's death discription).

RIGHT I've been doing this for like two hours now and I have a train to get, so I'll leave this here. If anyone else wants to continue the recap, please go ahead, else I'll do so myself when I have the time and an internet connection (which might not be for some time - I probably won't be around for the next three days, please don't think my absence suspicious).

NOTES:

* Midnight thought sreservoir's death was subverted by Kratos.
res's death was all Kratos's fault, I think. or at least partly his fault. go kratos!
If there was a discussion among Mafia who to kill, she would've known that Kratos was the target that night, and that something would've then had to have backfired in order for there to be no dead Kratos and a dead Mafia. This statement was made before Dave said he protected Kratos that night. This stikes me as rather suspicious, and nobody's mentioned it so far, so: why did you think this, Midnight?

** The post:
Mawile said:
Vixie- We're on the same side. Are you trying to make us lose?
Yep. Vixie's mafia- as am I.
This makes no sense for a number of reasons:
1. We know there's only one faction of Mafia so it's not like wiping out the competition.
2. Claiming to be Mafia right after someone with credibility has said you're an Activated Alien (ie. the role the Innocents least want to lynch) is like taking your inflatable liferaft and stabbing it.
3. By letting the Innocents know who a Mafia is, Vixie gains a lot of trust, even if it means killing a fellow Mafia. But Mawile dies protesting that Vixie is also Mafia (which we assume now she is) - but why do it?

*** The comment:
...the only good thing about all of these roleclaims is that the mafia(s) can't kill all of you in one night.
Either that is actually hilariously ironic, or very suspicious. To me, at least, the good thing about these roleclaims is the Myserious Informants are giving us useful information, and the "mafia can't kill you all in one night" thing is a bit out of the blue, no?

Thanks for the detailed recap, Dannichu! Now lazy players can't excuse themselves with "but the thread is so long D:" anymore.

Fine, then. Withdrawing my vote.

And for a juicy little tidbit, Tailsy was brainjacked into joining the mafia by a Mysterious Employer. They were originally but a humble doctor. Whenever a mafioso dies, I learn about them and their history.

Incidentally, I am a double troper. I am The Chessmaster... and The Starscream. Naturally, a Magnificent Bastard such as I carries a Legitimate Businessmens Social Club card. But it's only a guise. I'm more of a separate entity. Why is this? Because I have Chronic Backstabbing Syndrome. I want mafia dead as much as the rest of the innocents. It's how I roll.

And I've already won. My goal was to uncover and stab Big Bad at least once. Having inspected Mawile as Big Bad, I killed them the next night after failing to get them lynched. Zing.

Apparently mafia knows who I am, but they cannot target me. Which would explain why I haven't died yet, and why Mawile tried to expose me when I accused them.

So yes, I am technically mafia, and my ideal best-win condition is last mafia standing amongst an innocent victory. There you have it! You can kill me now, or I can keep searching for the new Big Bad. Up to you~

* Midnight thought sreservoir's death was subverted by Kratos.
If there was a discussion among Mafia who to kill, she would've known that Kratos was the target that night, and that something would've then had to have backfired in order for there to be no dead Kratos and a dead Mafia. This statement was made before Dave said he protected Kratos that night. This stikes me as rather suspicious, and nobody's mentioned it so far, so: why did you think this, Midnight?

Yay people are talking about me!! :D

here is part of my information:

* there are at least three doctors alive, though one or more may be on the mafia side (given that Vixie called Tailsy out as a mafia doctor, I don't think there's more than one mafia doctor still alive)
* NWT, Negrek, Dannichu, and I are all innocent
* NWT's telling the truth about his roleclaim
* Dave Strider was telling the truth about his
* bleeding out the ears is definitively dockill
* Butterfree is a magnificent bastard

Uh... Vixie said that Tailsy was brainjacked. Presumably she began the game as innocent (hence Vixie, if she is to be believed, was telling the truth about her after all—Tailsy was innocent at the time), and only became a "mafia doctor" after the brainjacking. Vixie, you don't by any chance know anything about Tailsy being either a magicky doctor or a sciencey doctor, do you?

Hm... if there really is a brainjacker, I wonder if they can brainjack more than once, and whether the brainjacked players are permitted to join nightly discussion. Either way, the presence of that role is... slightly unsettling.

And to be fair, Danni, these days even I am very genuinely surprised when I survive beyond the first night. Much as it irritates the hell out of me (leave me alooone D: ), it's not that far-fetched to assume that I was targeted on the first night by at least one person. (I think I'm overcentralizing the metagame. Just call me Mafiachomp!)

Anyway, Midnight. How exactly is it that you came by all this information, if you can/would care to share?

This is far, far too much going on for my widdle brain to comprehend but...

Well, any terrorists out there willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of all of us? :( I know Zora (darn you, Zora!) already exploded, but since this is an experimental game, who knows... Or anyone who can kill Vixie without having us lynch her anyway; since we can't know if Vixie's win condition depends on us lynching her or not, it's probably safer if we (somehow) kill her now, during the day time.

I like this plan. Let's do this if the more experienced players (Kratos for example) don't have objections.

ETA: Grr didn't see there was a second page. Think of this as super ninja'd. But I still kinda feel like this.

Well this has been quite the day of mafia so far. I really don't have anything to contribute at the moment since I really only just finished reading the newest stuff since the day began.

This whole Vixie twist is quite interesting, I must say. I didn't expect a role like that at all, granted she's telling the truth.

Mind screw, just mind screw.

So first, Mawile claimed mafia along with Vixie. Vixie never denied it, but kept the inspector disguise. Not much else. Vixie said that Tailsy is innocent or something?

Now today, newt claimed to have inspected Vixie and that she's mafia. And then Vixie lynched herself and said she's already satisfied her win condition anyway. Then she says there's perfectly logical reasoning behind Tailsy being mafia.

Crazy Linoone suggested that Vixie's win condition is "kill all mafia w/out dying" and then "get lynched next day". And that she might be lying about that so we don't lynch her OR she's telling the truth, but doesn't care. And
Although although although wouldn't Vixie have won already if she has satisfied her winning condition last night? Which means that we shouldn't lynch her because there's a slightly higher probability that she will definitely win when we lynch her because Butterchuru hasn't said that Vixie won yet even though Vixie claimed that she did win.

And then Vixie says Crazy Linoone is wrong about almost everything. And later posts with a ton of information:
- Tailsy was a doctor employed by the mafia.
- When a mafioso dies, Vixie learns about all of their history.
- Vixie is a double troper - Chessmaster and Starscream, with a mafia guise but really with Chronic Backstabbing Syndrome, and wants mafia dead just like the innocents.
- She's already won.
- Goal: Uncover and kill a Big Bad.
- Mafia knows Vixie but can't target her.
- One condition of hers is last mafia standing with an innocent victory.

But what happens if we lynch her? You can't win when you're dead, right? Unless her role is connected to an alien feature or something..

Lynch Vixie.

What.

Back
Top Bottom