• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 5]

Hey Vixie, if you win, can the innocents still win as well?

If so, then if she's so helpful, why not keep her alive? If she's not lying, it won't make that much of a difference whether or not we lynch her. If we don't lynch her, then at least we can get some helpful info and possibly win.

Yes, I already explained in an earlier post that my second-best win is innocent victory where I am the last mafioso standing. That is, every mafioso has cycled through being Big Bad, and I killed at least one of them -- which I have, Mawile -- and I eventually become the sole Big Bad.

Innocents can still win with me dead, obviously, it's just a lower win. I don't care either way what happens here; lynch me, and I don't have to worry about the game anymore, or let me live, I can help root out the remaining mafia, and get a better win.

Ok, screw this. I'm calling bullshit. I wouldn't put it past Vixie to come up with a big convoluted explanation like this, just to get us to run and circles and let her have control of the game.

Her language is toying and deceptive; she's obviously playing to win for herself, with the townies as basically a byproduct; and her high-and-mighty attitude is really disconcerting and shows that she obviously considers most of us below her, aside from annoying the hell out of me.

I say we cut through the crap, the stupid whatifs and the misleading conversation and just make life a lot simpler for everybody by getting rid of her. I'm not happy being treated like a pawn, so I've made my decision to Lynch Vixie.

And you know what? Even if I'm wrong about Vixie, I really don't care. Regardless of who she is and what she can actually do, she still being really manipulative and treating the innocents like crap. So what if she might be able to help in the long run; I wouldn't want to win with the help of someone acting like her.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I vote that we should all kill Vixie with any method necessary as soon as possible in all future Mafia games. :/

I think Vixie's role is too powerful. I know this is an experiment and all, but it seems way too convoluted; she can't be targeted by the Mafia and she is omniscient -- not to mention that she has basically five different win conditions.

Also, the bit about bleeding-out-of-ears being doc kill is weird: if Walker is Vig as he claimed, and he targeted Superbird as he claimed, then why did Superbird die of ear-bleed?

Screw it all. Going to sleep and lynching Vixie.

I think Vixie's role is too powerful. I know this is an experiment and all, but it seems way too convoluted; she can't be targeted by the Mafia and she is omniscient -- not to mention that she has basically five different win conditions.

Unless she's lying.

Anyway, we're all going to regret it if she turns out to be an alien or something of the sort, but everyone's brought up pretty strong arguments for not allowing Vixie to continue so I'll go with them and lynch Vixie.

Lupine Volt did not roleclaim. Neither did Kusari, IIRC. Lupine Volt's death was different from the others, but Kusari's matched Dave Strider's. So I don't believe that whoever causes the splatters of gore, at least, is a trope killer.

herp derp this is what happens when I make posts before breakfast :U

Doesn't it seem altogether too convenient that if we leave Vixie, we'll ~magically~ win the game with her help?

I agree that Vixie's power seems pretty out of balance, so she's probably making it up. Vixie will play to win. She loves mafia. In pretty much game she's in, she's a fundamental part of the game (hello, team vixie) because she likes winning. She'll double-cross us if she wants to win. She has lied to us for the entire game; we can't trust her. lynch her, guys :C in any case I'd much rather innocents win without the help of a mafioso.

Erg wow okay. This is quite a mindfuck. Let's see... So far there are 9 votes for Vixie (including her own) and 2 for abstain. Okay...

One thing that confuses me, if Vixie kills the Big Bad, wouldn't that make her the Big Bad? In a regular game it would, but I guess this one's different? :| Idk. Either way, it seems pretty clear she's going down today, but just to make sure, I'll add my vote for Vixie. Because this game is unpredictable as fuck.

Also, the bit about bleeding-out-of-ears being doc kill is weird: if Walker is Vig as he claimed, and he targeted Superbird as he claimed, then why did Superbird die of ear-bleed?

The more I read through the thread, the more I don't think Walker was who he claimed to be. I think Walker was too good a player to decide to kill someone random on Night 0 with absolutely nothing to go on (as he claimed he did with Mawile - who didn't die), and as you say, the methods of killing his victims don't line up. What I absolutely can't figure out is why he'd lie, though - the only reason an innocent (which is what he showed up as when he died) would lie would be to make the Mafia less likely to kill them during the night, and claiming Vigilante is putting a massive target on yourself. Though, I suppose, it doesn't really matter at this point.

Though about the earbleed - if it is a Doctor-overdose (can you share why you think that, Midnight, without giving yourself completely away?), it means that our Doctors are ridiculously lucky, managing to overdose-kill not one, but two Mafia members. The only reason I'm skeptical about it is because it seems a bit less random than that - especially in a game with so many players, three overdoses is quite a lot. But, as I say, whoever's killing through ear-bleeds has been good to us (and, I assume, screwing the mafia's plans a bit), so I don't see much of a reason to worry about it.

midnight, walker, kratos, wue: not mafia!

Wat :| Pah. So assuming you're telling the truth, we should probably make a list of innocents, just so we know who not to lynch, right. Although it's always prone to, you know, not being true. Uhg.

* NWT, Negrek, Dannichu, and I are all innocent

Since both Midnight and nwt claimed each other are innocent, that is a bit suspicious, er. :\ But, assuming this is the truth, these are the people who have been 'verified' innocent so far. (Walker's already dead though so.)

Also re: Dannichu, why wouldn't Walker be vig? In a game with 50 players, killing someone on the first night isn't that stupid an idea. Either way, he's innocent, so there's no point in speculating there, really.

Also, maybe any death not caused by mafia shows up as blood from the ears?

Wat :| Pah. So assuming you're telling the truth, we should probably make a list of innocents, just so we know who not to lynch, right. Although it's always prone to, you know, not being true. Uhg.

Since both Midnight and nwt claimed each other are innocent, that is a bit suspicious, er. :\ But, assuming this is the truth, these are the people who have been 'verified' innocent so far. (Walker's already dead though so.)

Also re: Dannichu, why wouldn't Walker be vig? In a game with 50 players, killing someone on the first night isn't that stupid an idea. Either way, he's innocent, so there's no point in speculating there, really.

Since both Midnight and nwt claimed each other are innocent, that is a bit suspicious, er. :\

I know he's innocent for the same reason I know he's not lying about his claim.

That is entirely possible.

(can you share why you think that, Midnight, without giving yourself completely away?)

No. Yes. No.

... Outlook is bleak. Ask again later.

ETA is anyone planning on healing newt, then

Last edited:

Keep in mind that even if both of them are telling the truth about the results they got, one or both of them may be screwy Investigation roles; common ones are Naive Cop (always gets Innocent), Paranoid Cop (always gets guilty) and Insane Cop (always gets the opposite of the truth).

And on top of that there may be Mafia roles that appear Innocent upon death and vice versa, so really we can't tell if anyone's Innocent or not until the game's over and Bachuru gives us the (probably ungodly long) transcript of what happened.

Keep in mind that even if both of them are telling the truth about the results they got, one or both of them may be screwy Investigation roles; common ones are Naive Cop (always gets Innocent), Paranoid Cop (always gets guilty) and Insane Cop (always gets the opposite of the truth).

I remember once butterfree saying in #mafia that she hated sanity roles...

Also abstain. /nod

And though Vixie is looking pretty damn untrustworthy at this point, there is still the possibility of a brainjacker. Definitely sounds like something Butterchuru would want to include.

Meh. Lynch Vixie. There are still thirty-four people in the game (thirty-three, sans Vixie), and we're already at least three mafia down unless one or more of those were death millers or something. Thanks, Vix, but I think we're good to go without you.

And continuing Dannichu's summary:

Same idea, mafia in bold, innocents underlined.

Night 3:
Lupine Volt is found in a splatter of blood, having apparently been torn apart by dogs.

Day 4 (p.23-27):
Karkat Vantas roleclaims as the same thing as Minks: a Body Double with Decoy Getaway.
Rai-CH and Tailsy, among others, suggest an animal-control vigilante.
Vixie says that Negrek is innocent. Kusari tries to determine Vixie’s inspection-pattern, to no avail.
Blastoise reveals that he asked about the Mysterious Informants’ cause of death.
Seritinajii rolclaims as a Non Action Guy and a power of What Kind of Lame Power is Heart, Anyway?.
Dannichu suggests a Death Note-esque killing power, which generates quite a bit of discussion.
Big Red Cherry Bomb is lynched.

Night 4:
Tailsy is found grinning, dead, with blood dripping out of her ears. Kusari, on the other hand, is in a blood and gore splatter.

Day 5 (p.27-current):
Suspicion is cast on Vixie, as she had said that Tailsy was innocent.
newt roleclaims as an inspector, but does not give tropes, and reveals Vixie as mafia. Karkat and Midnight back the claim up.
Vixie causes further confusion in the town by voting to lynch herself.
Dannichu, meanwhile, creates a tidy summary of the game so far.
Vixie, though, roleclaims as The Chessmaster and The Starscream with a power of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. She also reveals that Tailsy was turned into mafia by a Mysterious Employer and that her win condition is to kill the Big Bad.
Midnight divulges some information in a post*.
Leafstorm roleclaims as a Willing Channeler with Powers Via Possession turned bodyguard.
Vixie posts more information about her role**.
ultraviolet roleclaims as Mysterious Informant, with Expospeak. This information is revealed: “In particular, you've heard it might be dangerous to reveal your true name in this town: there's somebody around who might use it against you...”, somewhat confirming the I Know Your True Name kill-role.
Town becomes extremely suspicious of Vixie and starts to vote to lynch her.

*Midnight's post.

**Vixie's post.

I know I missed a few things but I can't remember what. Some links were either already linked to or will be added later.

Last edited:

Thanks for the detailed recap, Dannichu! Now lazy players can't excuse themselves with "but the thread is so long D:" anymore.

True as this is in theory, with the pace of this game that recap (and Leafstorm's also-very-helpful recap) is going to get buried. 'Scuse me while I do something about that. ETA: something done. re: sig.

In the meantime. Midnight. Why are you abstaining, out of curiosity? (Same general question to anyone else who has abstained/is abstaining, but I'm too tired to go find who else is and see if they provided reasoning. If you gave a reason, assume the question doesn't apply to you.) Is it that you're willing to believe Vixie and see whether or not she can help, or is there some other reason? Because even if you can't tell us how you know what you know (and god damn it just because you people claim to be unable to share your tropes does not mean you have to sound like you're enjoying being so deliberately vague; it gives off mega anti-town vibes and is mostly hella irritating, so stop that), you can probably at least share that much. If your information's really that solid, shouldn't you be trying to convince us to follow your logic?

Last edited:

But there being 50 players means it's even less likely you'll hit a Mafia on Night 0! And "not mafia" and "innocent" are two different things (eg. aliens). I'd like to point out that this is pure speculation, and probably not worth much now he's dead, but I'm just sayin'.

Butterfree, can I ask a question? When a person dies and shows up as Mafia, can we take that to mean that they could communicate with each other privately?

Back
Top Bottom