• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Twilight

And I'm STILL being nagged about it at school. And what's worse, the only girl in there that I thought had an OUNCE of literary taste is reading it now. I swear, being told to "omg go read it" makes me want to stab small children in the face.

I read the first chapter out of a friend's copy and absolutely hated it. I told them that.

Me: ...what the fuck is this crap?
Friend: You don't like it?
Me: Fuck no. This is awful.
Friend: I thought you had taste.
Me: And I thought jiL had taste but you corrupted her. Reviews on the internet say it's awful and after reading that... atrocity, I can't help but agree.
Friend: What does the internet know?
Me: *shows her this thread*
Friend: ...What do they know?
Me: *facepalm*

...At least Paige still has an ounce of sense. D:

I don't understand how people can get so very offended when someone tells them something is bad.
My friend disses the brave little toaster whenever I mention simply because it involves appliances, but I don't say "lol you has no taste". Well ok, I do, but I don't take it to heart and cry at night.

Also, who still says "Talk to the hand"?

I read the first two in eighth grade and thought they were decent, but very boring. I still have the first two in my posession, but I never read them. Every so often I try to read Twilight and I put it down less than 100 pages into it. Usually about the time Edward and Bella get together.

And I am not looking forward to the movie because it looks like it'll be bad and I've been mad at the movie since I saw the picture of Bella kissing Edward while she was listening to her Ipod. For some reason that angered me to no end.

And I am not looking forward to the movie because it looks like it'll be bad and I've been mad at the movie since I saw the picture of Bella kissing Edward while she was listening to her Ipod. For some reason that angered me to no end.

Robert Pattinson (edward) has the greatest attitude ever:

"When you read the book," says Pattinson, looking appropriately pallid and interesting even without makeup, "it's like, 'Edward Cullen was so beautiful I creamed myself.' I mean, every line is like that. He's the most ridiculous person who's so amazing at everything. I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just couldn't do that. And the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy, so that's how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he's a 108-year-old virgin so he's obviously got some issues there."

it is so clear he's doing it for the money 8)

Robert Pattinson is hilarious, he looks permanently stoned. He's amazing. xD

I read the first chapter at the library and had to put it back on the shelf in disgust. :| Which is apparently quite the accomplishment, seeing as I continue to stomach that absolute garbage that Laurell K. Hamilton puts out on a biannual basis. YA fiction is supposed to be crappy, yes, but good grief.

Side note to Twilight fandom: Stop assuming that I'm talking about your sparkly, fang-faced freak every time I refer to this Edward. Mine is much more entertaining to read about than yours, please fall in line with LKH's troos now so those of us with taste in books can incinerate you and make s'mores over your burning corpses. ^.^

I managed to get ahold of a copy of Twilight for a short time today and managed to read a portion of the first chapter.

Blech. Boring, the action happens too fast and yet it still manages to be boring, a little cliché, Bella doesn't have much characterization, and the writing is a little messier and choppier than I'm used to. Ew. No way am I reading that again.

I read Twilight in some parts. I read profile of author more in website belonging to her. She talked big on what Bella wore and beauty and things. It was cosmetics, like all that matters is face. The first book all I tried and it was very difficult to read well.

Harry Potter books are much better because the people in them have purpose and emotion.

It's a glorified fanfic.

Bella just screams Mary Sue, Edward's apparently a shiny, non-photosensitive vampire who doesn't suck blood and the whole setup is a mindwiped fangirl's attempt at making money.

At least Rowling managed to make Harry seem human while having every single Mary Sue attribute stuck on him.

Bella just screams Mary Sue, Edward's apparently a shiny, non-photosensitive vampire who doesn't suck blood and the whole setup is a mindwiped fangirl's attempt at making money.

No, Edward sucks blood. The blood of mountain lions. Because of course he has to suck blood or else he's not a vampire, yet Meyer wanted to get around the obvious flaw in that Edward would want to suck Bella's blood and thus made him suck non-human blood. Even more perfect, if you ask me.

Edward sucking mountain lion blood makes him a tremendous douchebag.
Mountain lion blood.
Mountain lion blood. Mountain lions are on the 'near threatened' list too wtf.
Fuck Twilight and fuck Twilight's author.

Robert Pattinson (edward) has the greatest attitude ever:
Hahaha, he owns.

I've never read a Twilight series book in its entirety, but I have read several passages. It seems to be basically one of those stupid vampire stories on Quizilla without the chatspeak. :[ All of the little scene underclassmen at my school love it. This one girl who sits next to me in Computer Science some days keeps getting on Stephenie Meyer's website and reading PDF's of the story. It's kind of all over the place.

I don't really go out of my way to confront these people about it, though. I guess it's at least good that they're reading something in a society where books are rapidly becoming just an annoying thing you have to read for English class, but I do wish it were something that didn't suck so much. :\

Twilight fans (the 'hardcore' type- I'm not dissing every single fan out there) that I meet are seriously weird.
It's a fandom I would not touch with a ten foot pole, except I do, sometimes, horribly, when I groan at them for invading the Internet.
They're either convinced that Edward is going to marry them (they incorporate this in their screen name) or they just have issues. Look, I know about being an incurable fangirl. I was highly obsessed with Sasuke a while back. He was just that awesome to me. His very presence made me SQUEE, but I never, ever wanted to be his girlfriend or wife or claimed to be.
Unlike some of my friends. -_-
A lot of fans claim to be vampires (and we have a few not really!werewolves a la Meyer).
I mean, her werewolves are technically werewolves for lack of a better word, but not really.
And her setting for nearly all of the werewolves makes these people's claims even more ridiculous.
I always tell that that I'm a unicorn after that.
They roll their eyes and scoff.
:D

I don't like Twilight. Period. And everyone's already stated my reasons, so...

The books basically go like this:
Blah blah vampires blah werewolves blah blah mary sue blah happily ever after. The end.

I'll probably get bashed by Twilight fangirls now.

MidnightSaboteur said:
At my old high school, Twilight was a required reading book last summer for juniors.

Oh god. This is ridiculous. Americans... Nothing much I can say.

Edward sucking mountain lion blood makes him a tremendous douchebag.
Mountain lion blood.
Mountain lion blood. Mountain lions are on the 'near threatened' list too wtf.
Fuck Twilight and fuck Twilight's author.

I agree. Completely.

I've never read it. But it's like a friggin' fad at my school. EVERYBODY'S reading it orb one of the sequels. That's probably why I haven't tried it. xP Well, that and because I've heard about as many positive things about it as Eragon.

... okay, so Wolfheart claimed today that the Twilight series was just as good as Warriors and that Warriors had no character development. And then I told her that I read Twilight and it sucked, but she claimed that I read it it with prejudice and this couldn't form an opinion on it. o.o Anyone who's read both Warriors and Twilight have anything to say on this? (I am honestly no good at rating things or anything of the sort. Dx)

When I first picked it up and read it, I thought it was pretty silly and not very good, but still amusing to read.

After a year and a half of obsession over the books from everyone at my school, particularly my close friend's incessant fangirling of Edward, I hate the series to the point where I want to scream if anyone so much as mentions them. They don't deserve the attention, you idiots.

*facepalm*

My teacher.

They've corrupted my teacher.

She wrote me up for badmouthing it.

Which it so wholly deserves.

HALP

Back
Top Bottom