• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Twilight

You haven't read many books, then.

You hit it on the head. Many people who like Twilight tend not to read...

Also, when I say it's unrealistic (like characters and such) they write it off with "It's fiction!" which shows a total ignorance of- well, what defines fiction!

I wasn't referring to fantasy elements (which Meyer, by the way, tries to write off with science that doesn't WORK), but the fact that the characters aren't believable.

I mean I'm not a huge science nerd, but I know enough to know that Meyer shouldn't have tried to explain vampires in plausible ways because her explanation doesn't work so well. At first I allowed my imagination to stretch and allow it because it was fiction, but it got rather bad. Something I read online goes in-depth about the science and though that definitely DOES NOT ruin the series, it just makes it a little more laughable.

Also, the things the vampires "developed" to be a "perfect predator" don't make sense because, um, vampires can't develop anything as they can't reproduce. And it's also VERY HARD to kill ANY off...
I suppose turning someone else COULD be akin to reproduction and transmit traits, but this doesn't seem to be looked at. :(

Also, I love Robert Pattinson and want to have his babies. That one interview where he gave his opinion of Edward made me love him so much- he recognizes all the things that make Edward annoying and perfect and then gives a new spin on it that is amazing. Dunno how he actually acted in the film, but he was awesome about it.

What I find weird is how Edward managed to impregnate Bella. His thing is that he has no bodily fluids (blood, etc) so how did he manage to input his satanic spawn into his wife? Did he manage to kick his prostate into overdrive? Does he have special vampire sperm? This is one of the many things that really got on my tits about this series.

What I find weird is how Edward managed to impregnate Bella. His thing is that he has no bodily fluids (blood, etc) so how did he manage to input his satanic spawn into his wife? Did he manage to kick his prostate into overdrive? Does he have special vampire sperm? This is one of the many things that really got on my tits about this series.

He had special bodily fluids/vampire sperm, unless I was misinformed. It was like crystallized and he somehow managed to retain it for a hundred cold years in some miraculously not-dead state.
He wasn't supposed to be able to impregnate her before, but that got waved away somehow.

No, no, I'm sure that's why it was a creepy mutant vampire baby thing.
...with mind-projection powers. It tells the weird Native American werewolf dude it loves him and he falls in love with a small baby.
The baby marries him when she's six, because vampires grow like super fast and she has the body of an 18-year-old.

Seriously.

...with mind-projection powers. It tells the weird Native American werewolf dude it loves him and he falls in love with a small baby.
The baby marries him when she's six, because vampires grow like super fast and she has the body of an 18-year-old.

Seriously.

Okay wait are you serious about the last bit? I am only informed up till the end of book four, and even there it gets hazy.

I've read it. It's not great, but it's not horrible either. I don't feel terribly inclined to see the movie/finish the series, but I don't mind it.

What annoys me is the insane fangirlism. And, for that matter, the insane trashing of it too. Feel free to have your opinions, but don't smother others with them.

Apparently Edward is sexy and crap in the books, but in the movie trailers... He's just fugly. At school, everyone's like, a freaking fangirl, you can't go down the hall without hearing how sexy Edward is.

I read the books, Breaking Dawn is fail. EPIC fail.

The movie's not that good, I hear. I'll keep my free movie pass for another few years, so I can see some other crap.

It's funny, Robert Pattinson is pretty attractive normally. Just not as Edward.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw him. I like Robert Pattinson, just not as Edward.

I read (actually I kind of skimmed) the first two books a couple years ago and I wasn't interested enough to keep reading. I saw the movie not to long ago and it was all right. Nothing to write home about, but it had its moments.

I saw an interview of the girl who plays Bella on Letterman and christ is she dumb.

Give her a chance; apparently she absolutely hates interviews. Maybe she should try the "see how much you can criticise the books until the fans start hating you" tactic.

Anyway, I watched the movie yesterday out of morbid curiosity. I will say this: I have never read the book (only excerpts; they were horrible enough) but I think I can say with a fair deal of certainty that the movie is better. It is mediocre, sure, but mediocre is rather an improvement oh-god-what.

Back
Top Bottom