• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

University Applications

I have an interview in March. It's like wtf that's laaaaate. Because it really is. My teacher said the same - she was like "o.o that's very late, but the fact you got to interview at all says they're considering you".

I HOPE THEY LOVE ME ENOUGH TO ASK ME FOR BC. ;-;

so my guidance counselor wasn't at school to get from me any kind of counselor evaluation forms. i have no way of contacting her until next month; i don't know if there is a school equivalent that she already did.

there's a chance i may not be going to college next fall.

I haven't applied to any colleges yet (still a junior) but at the moment I'm trying to think of possible fields to major in, so out of interest (if you haven't mentioned it) what are you planning on studying?

I'm juggling something in physics (quite possible astro-), medicine (too many fields to choose from), and ... English. But people tell me majoring in English is retarded. Who knows? Not I.

i am planning on majoring in english or history, one of the two. it's my understanding that english is a very vague major, one that doesn't really lend itself to many specific careers. i've read that it's smart to pair english majors with a minor and use them both when you're looking for work. like, pair it with a degree in marketing or something.

you can go into teaching with an english degree.. :U my government teacher also said that english majors can make "great money" writing technical manuals in an attempt to clarify what engineers are trying to say.

Dear Miss Jardine
Congratulations; University of Dundee has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for English, Q300; starting in September 2010 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Scottish Qualifications Authority Higher
Grades BB

og98hu.gif

So I'm really hoping for now that my dad will qualify for the education benefits with the GI Bill and be able to pass them to me. He was in the military long enough to retire and served overseas longer than what's required to qualify, so it's looking pretty good. I could have half of my expensive-ass art school paid for if this comes through. :]

I also completely forgot about applying to Ringling. I better get on that.

Dear Mr Amos
Congratulations; Anglia Ruskin University has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Law, M100; starting in September 2010 at point of entry 1.

This offer requires you to: Obtain a minimum of 240 points

from the UCAS Tariff (all 240 points must be obtained from

qualifications with the volume and depth of A level or

equivalent).

\o/

Is M100 LLB law? Assuming it is, but. Congrats!

No changes on my end. Still waiting for my interview in March. BUT I have two offers, two rejections and an interview so I'm hoping I'll get an offer. Preferably BC (w/Welsh bac) from Sheffield because I can do that in chemistry. I think.

Is M100 LLB law? Assuming it is, but. Congrats!

You assume correctly. And thank you :) Anglia Ruskin is my favouritest uni I've seen so far. I probably mentioned before in this thread somewhere, but it has a totally purple lecture theatre. Sadly it's outside the Law section of the university, but I'll sneak in or something.

Dear Miss Jardine
Congratulations; Edinburgh Napier University has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for English, Q300; starting in September 2010 at point of entry 1.
Unconditional Offer

8)

'grats Tailsy :3

Dear Mr Amos
Congratulations; University of Wolverhampton has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Law, M100; starting in September 2010 at point of entry 1.

A minimum of 240 points, including 200 points at A-Level in

at least 2 subjects. In addition, please provide evidence of

your GCSE English qualification. This must be sent to the

University of Wolverhampton Admissions Unit, MX Building,

Camp Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1AD no later than 30 June

Whaaat, Anglia Ruskin believed me. Meanies.

EDIT: also:
Dear Mike

Thank you for your UCAS application and congratulations for having the most inventive email name I’ve seen this year. I can confirm that I have made you an offer of a place to study Law at the University of Gloucestershire, which you should be receiving shortly.

I feel special.

Man I really wish I already had some examination results. >:(

also what the hell my other three choices are still silent as the grave :( the UCAS deadline was MEANT to be today, surely they can reply already D:

Man I really wish I already had some examination results. >:(

also what the hell my other three choices are still silent as the grave :( the UCAS deadline was MEANT to be today, surely they can reply already D:

Some of them won't tell you until like March. Or even later. I have to wait until March to find out whether or not I have an offer from Sheffield.

JUST WAIIIIIT.

Back
Top Bottom