• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

US Department of Justice to defend DOMA

How did this guy survive so long on TCoD without being noticed as an ignorant ass @_@ Sure kept that one to yourself.

I can't be bothered to put my own argument down because it's pretty much the same as what everybody else said and would be significantly less impressive, so I'm just going to ask why the hell did you 'train' yourself to 'become' asexual? You wanted to become asexual because you think lust is a bad thing? Why didn't you just, you know, decide not to act on lust? What are you meaning when you say lust is bad, like, one-night stands or something? Raping random women on the street?

If you're talking about lust being sex drive, uh that's not exactly a bad thing? By the Japanese username and complete ignorance I'm going to assume you're probably not exactly far into adulthood, so are you just some teenager who decided to act elitist? You can't become asexual, you're born asexual. Celibate is not the same thing as asexual. If you've found people sexually attractive before, how can you be asexual? And you're only talking about acting on lust, wtf I'm a lesbian and I've never even gone out with a girl, I still know I find them attractive. And thinking someone attractive is not the same as 'you know what, I'm going to go fuck that girl by letting my lust take control!'

Forgive the babbling but I seriously do not get this whatsoever, at least you can tell where Christians get all their material from. :/

No one in their right mind would choose to be gay. No one in their right mind would choose to deviate at least a little from normal society standards. Because, let's face it: there is no goddamn reason to.
Er, yes there is. It's fucking fun! Why are you so convinced that the world hates weird people instead of just finding them weird but okay once they get to know them?

EDIT: also Spaekle that is the greatest post.

Last edited:
Why are you so convinced that the world hates weird people instead of just finding them weird but okay once they get to know them?
Because they do? I mean I usually live in fairy lala land myself but believing that most people don't either hate or are frightened of anyone who deviates from the social norm is ludicrous.

Where the hell are you? o.O I talk to a hell of a lot of people and they're mostly cool if you come off as friendly.

EDIT: 'Camp' doesn't come off as friendly ftr. Think of the equivalent heterosexual man-men and snippy women. That's how obnoxious campness is. It comes off as exclusive, as "our sexuality sets us apart" (and even then, the people who get violent over it are generally few.)

Last edited:
If we face pure facts then I am sorry to say that yes, gay people do get discriminated against a ton more than your average heterosexual, even if they're very friendly.
Because boys who like to kiss boys should get stoned to death. (Lev 18:22)

Different people are there either for entertainment (mockery) or to get insulted for no reason. The common person just doesn't like difference or change.

Whoa, friendliness is definitely no get out of jail free card.

And especially not for gay people, I've noticed. In my school people are 'outraged' if I try and act friendly to them because I'm not supposed to be friendly, apparently because I'm gay.

Anyone deviating from the social norm is discriminated against somehow. :/

Of course, the world does have lots of problems there, and, yes, you're more likely to face discrimination if people have something to go by. And some places are worse than others; things are certainly better than average here. All the same, there's still a lot of room to be different and still generally be accepted. People make fun of my hair, but most people think it's nice; people make fun of my geeky shirts, but most people think they're cool; people think it's weird when I mention I like boys, but most people are fine with it. I do mention it in groups that will have some people who don't like these things, and I've never had more than mean words back.

I'm not an idiot. We can't just sit and ago "oh the world is already okay" because it's not, not by far. But it's not nearly so bad that you'd have to be out of your mind to want to be anything but normal.

I'm ignoring places that are way fucked up in general, of course (which America isn't.)

It is likely that sexuality can in fact change. :/ As abhorrent as the idea of "curing" gay people is, there are "ex-gays" who genuinely did change and are in happy heterosexual marriages, and it's sort of silly how everybody jumps on them and screams they must be repressed and in denial without a shred of proof.

The point ought to be, why should they need to change? It is obviously not a simple choice to be made at one's convenience, and why should they be made to go through the trouble of trying to be heterosexual (which only a small percentage of them could ever actually do)? It's kind of like left-handed kids being forced to write with their right hand. Handedness can actually change and you can become more comfortable with your originally nondominant hand, but why? Why can't left-handed people just be left-handed?

The only real reason people pull out is the Bible, and the religious beliefs of one person simply should not be able to affect another person. "Saving money"? It would save money for the government to, say, ban cars and force everybody to use public transports instead, but that obviously does not make it remotely right to actually do it. Homosexuals should have a right to marry the person they love just like everybody else, even if disallowing it would save money. STDs? People get STDs from unsafe heterosexual sex too; I do not see how banning gay marriage should encourage people to use condoms.

It is likely that sexuality can in fact change. :/ As abhorrent as the idea of "curing" gay people is, there are "ex-gays" who genuinely did change and are in happy heterosexual marriages, and it's sort of silly how everybody jumps on them and screams they must be repressed and in denial without a shred of proof.

The point ought to be, why should they need to change?

My point exactly, along with the rest of your post. (Although a lot of them may have been bisexual to begin with, but not aware of it due to how low bisexual visibility is and has been over time).

アルセウス七;306329 said:
I'm really starting to get creeped out of this discussion. Do you're all's sexualities rage this much?

Oh, silly Arusesune*, I'm not letting my sexuality rage, althoug my sexuality plays a part as to why I'm enraged. I'm simply standing up for what I beleive in, which is that America should be a place where all are equal, no matter what~ That's what the country was founded on, equality. Sure, freedom of religion may have been what the pilgrims came for, but really, methinks the founding fathers are turning over in their graves right now. But that's just me~

*I don't know how to type katakana, and I'm sorry if I romanized that incorrectly. And I didn't recognize the last one.

I think the problem is more people having too narrow an interpretation of sexuality.

i'm just going to say what everyone else has said. no need to type everything out when it's already been told.

also, aruseusu7 (idk i think it's right), would you stop thinking that using the bible is an okay argument? it doesn't work and nobody cares and it makes you look like you can't back up your information or opinions very well. :/

Arusesune*

*I don't know how to type katakana, and I'm sorry if I romanized that incorrectly. And I didn't recognize the last one.

Aruseusu nana (7). Last is the kanji for 7 (七).

アルセウス七;306235 said:
Why should sexuality and race be treated the same way? The whole "Obama's the first black president and he's being homophobic ZOMG the irony" thing is total bull. At least you can change your sexuality. At least you are not born one way or the other. Jeez people. I really don't get your logic. *Reinforces flame sheild*

Two words: Michael Jackson

And I don't get your logic either.

Would you stop thinking that using the bible is an okay argument? it doesn't work and nobody cares and it makes you look like you can't back up your information or opinions very well. :/

-_-;

My original argument was simply that one's sexual orientation could be changed. People were trying to say that I was wrong and so I shared about how I had in my own life. And that seemed so wierd to everyone, and so I told my reason why I am the way I am: my religious beliefs. Which just turned into more and more of a religious debate with me defending my views, not trying to force them on other people.

For the record, I find it interesting how here Christians are more looked down upon and in a way descriminated against than homosexuals. Or for that matter any other group of people. ("Oh, but don't you see? We only attack Christians when they run their mouths and share their views with people. If you'd just shut up about what you believe maybe we wouldn't treat you this way.")

Maybe that was a bit much. I know some of you are being a bit nicer than others, but if you're not in the majority group, it's impossible to accomplish anything on a forum of this size. Once two or three people stop replying to what I say, five have joined in. Just incase anyone wondered why I stopped posting replies to everything.

For the record, I find it interesting how here Christians are more looked down upon and in a way descriminated against than homosexuals. Or for that matter any other group of people.
lolwut

you're discriminating against homosexuals. we're not discriminating against christians. we're discriminating against hypocritical bigots. the two are different things.

People were trying to say that I was wrong and so I shared about how I had in my own life. And that seemed so wierd to everyone, and so I told my reason why I am the way I am: my religious beliefs.
but your beliefs are discriminating and offensive.

you're still saying "i don't like gays because of x". and people think that's a pretty assholish view, regardless of why you hold it. and so we're arguing with you.

you're also saying blatant rubbish such as "STDs are a punishment for sex outside of marriage", so we're just correcting you. :)

I know some of you are being a bit nicer than others, but if you're not in the majority group, it's impossible to accomplish anything on a forum of this size.
oh, and what did you want to accomplish?

you didn't seriously think you'd get all of TCoD to convert, did you? xD

Your "original argument" was nowhere as innocent as you are implying it was. You clearly think there is significantly less wrong with discrimination based on sexual orientation than there is with discrimination based on race.

It doesn't matter whether or not you wasted your time forcing yourself to change your sexual orientation, it is unfair to expect other people to follow on in your example - especially since you do not seem to grasp that it was clearly a lot easier for you than it would be for others, just think of the people who have fallen in love, for example.

You are one person, and you don't represent humanity. If anything you should have realised from this experience that it is not normal to just be able to easily "ditch" your sexuality, so it is pointless to act like everybody could.

People like you don't see things like this objectively enough. People without religious beliefs aren't going to do anything based on you claiming that your beliefs would suggest that they will be cast into "oblivion" for some reason - surely you can see how preposterous that sounds in the eyes of somebody who does not see any truth in it? Keep your backwards way of thinking to yourself, you'll get nothing out of announcing it.

アルセウス七;306924 said:
My original argument was simply that one's sexual orientation could be changed.

Why should anyone have to to avoid persecution? You're suggesting that rather than stopping discrimination against gays, gays should stop being gay. How in the hell is that fair?

アルセウス七;306924 said:
For the record, I find it interesting how here Christians are more looked down upon and in a way descriminated against than homosexuals. Or for that matter any other group of people.

You are not being discriminated against for being Christian. You are being looked down upon for being a bigot and trying to take away the rights of 10% of the population. Big difference.

アルセウス七;306924 said:
("Oh, but don't you see? We only attack Christians when they run their mouths and share their views with people. If you'd just stop being a bigot maybe we wouldn't treat you this way.")

Fixed.

アルセウス七;306924 said:
if you're not in the majority group, it's impossible to accomplish anything on a forum of this size.

Not if you have half-decent points. Most of us are pretty open-minded.

oh I just pretty much hate christians in general, so

difference is, gays haven't done anything to anyone

christianl.png

oh, and what did you want to accomplish?

you didn't seriously think you'd get all of TCoD to convert, did you? xD

I'd be just as astonished if that happened as if the universe blew up as you read this sentence. What I was talking about was at least reaching a conclusion with someone before they or I dropped out of the discussion or more people came in and disallowed me to concentrate my efforts.

Your "original argument" was nowhere as innocent as you are implying it was. You clearly think there is significantly less wrong with discrimination based on sexual orientation than there is with discrimination based on race.

I've said already that one you are born with and one you are not. Race does not (generally speaking) have any affect on your actions. And as I've said, you can change your sexuality.

It doesn't matter whether or not you wasted your time forcing yourself to change your sexual orientation, it is unfair to expect other people to follow on in your example - especially since you do not seem to grasp that it was clearly a lot easier for you than it would be for others, just think of the people who have fallen in love, for example.

I know it is a lot harder for some people to switch than others. It is harder for someone to stop smoking who has a bunch of friends that smoke, too, but it can still be done.

I agree that it would be pointless to switch sexuality if you didn't have any religious belief that convicted you otherwise. That's why you can't expect anyone to change without the Bible. I've said that.

difference is, gays haven't done anything to anyone

Are you blaming me for all the crap some Christians have pulled out in the past?

Nice graph of TCoD. I'd like to see one of all the people who've posted in this thread.

goldenquagsire said:
blatant rubbish such as "STDs are a punishment for sex outside of marriage"

i hate it when people say that just because you're married and have sex it's like some magical guard against stds. it's completely and equally as likely to get an std by having sex with your spouse than your girl/boyfriend. in other words, yeah, that was indeed blatant rubbish.

アルセウス七 said:
you can change your sexuality

well that's a dumb idea.

アルセウス七 said:
I find it interesting how here Christians are more looked down upon and in a way descriminated against than homosexuals.

hahahaha. no. not really. you're the one, and most other christians, are the ones who are discriminating against homosexuals. you're trying and are taking the rights away from, as someone already said, 10%(+) of the population. you guys aren't really that discriminated against.

アルセウス七 said:
"Oh, but don't you see? We only attack Christians when they run their mouths and share their views with people. If you'd just shut up about what you believe maybe we wouldn't treat you this way."

funny i was about to say that. and we don't attack christians either.

アルセウス七 said:
majority group

i giggled.

アルセウス七 said:
Nice graph of TCoD. I'd like to see one of all the people who've posted in this thread.

was that a graph of tcod or was that a graph of like... the population? i don't really know. i think it was more than tcod though.

Back
Top Bottom