• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Video Game Mafia: Edition II

I liek Squirtles

sobble squad
Pronoun
he
A boy, around 12 years old, says good-bye to the guests in his house. He opens a box and starts placing the Mafia Trophies -among them Cyrus and his personal pieces, a Mudkip and a badass Squirtle- inside. He stores that box, and takes out another filled with trophies. As an other group of visitors arrive, he talks to each one privately and hands them a piece. The game will begin soon.

PMs will be sent out in the next 48 hours.

Re: Video Game Mafia: Edition II [N0]

The boy takes out a board, not recently used, due to it having some dust. He carefully unfolds it, and the people who played the other Mafia were pleased to see the same ol' board.

All role PMs have been sent. 48 hours for night actions.

Sorry for not sending the PMs earlier, guys. School stuffs.

I'm guessing that either the Mafia failed to send in an action, Healers, or Roleblockers.

I'll compile a list of character:player if nobody else wants to.

EDIT: Whoops here it is.

DA - Shy Guy
Flora - Mr. L
Seeker - Matthew
Phantom - Tali
Coloursfall - Eater of Worlds
Windyragon - Proffesor Layton
Mai - Memry
Mr. Moon - Chibi Robo
Sunflower - Madotsuki
Mr. Fancy Pants - Banjo
Karma - Colm
Newton - Maya Fey
Eifie - Clover
Zackrai - Steve
ole_schooler - Chel
WUE - Lakitu
Superbird - Kirby

Last edited:
Well last time we were lucky when we lynched the 'bad guys'. But only on the first one. I don't think that's a good place to start.

@LS99 - there is the possibility of an alien too?

I feel like this could easily turn out to be one of those things where the antagonists are innocent just to screw with us. I don't quite know where that leaves us, though. The one advantage I can think of to lynching a "bad guy" is that we might get some insight into whether or not that's the case. We don't have any abstains, right? Maybe we could combine the possibilities of inactive mafia and bad guy mafia and lynch a bad guy who doesn't post. Idk.

It is still too early to decide who is and who isn't active, because the game just started.

Since we can't use any abstains, should we randy-lynch?

Inactive lynch seems more fair. What if we lynch someone who is regularly inactive for games?

True...But mostly everyone here is active in Mafia...What about Sunflower? Haven't seen her in many mafia games...

I think "The Eater of Worlds" sounds like a good place to start. How are you going to not be killing peeps when you're the "Eater of Worlds" ?

Woah hey why wasn't I notified this game had begun? ILS, did you forget to change the phase to day?

While I understand thinking that my role would be mafia (being a giant eyeball-worm-bug-snake-demon), think about it a bit more before you jump to conclusions! My primary mode of battle is to dig underground where I cannot be attacked - and there is a mafia role that involves hiding during the night to possibly prevent anything targeting the player. So don't be so quick to judge - see?

Killing on the first day? Nah, there's no point. You're just shooting in the dark.

Besides, I really doubt anyone who was canonically a villain would be mafia. it'd be too easy. Or is it? Either way, first days suck. As far as me, yes it's true that I don't play Mafia a whole lot, but that's a pretty crappy reason to kill someone dontcha think?

Problem is I'm pretty sure we don't have any abstains. I don't like lynching the first day either, but we have no choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we're going for inactives Flora seems to have a history of inactivity?

Killing on the first day? Nah, there's no point. You're just shooting in the dark.

Besides, I really doubt anyone who was canonically a villain would be mafia. it'd be too easy. Or is it? Either way, first days suck. As far as me, yes it's true that I don't play Mafia a whole lot, but that's a pretty crappy reason to kill someone dontcha think?
As Newton stated, we're pretty sure we don't get abstains in this game.

One would think that, but last game the mafia was made of villains, at least iirc. There's every chance that would be different now, but eh. At any rate, my role doesn't really fit my character, so, judgement from that basis might not be entirely sound.

My entire thought process right now is "HOW ON EARTH CAN AN EATER OF WORLDS BE TOWN?" I think it's really probable that the role is Mafia. Forgive me if you think I'm picking on you, but seriously? Eater of worlds? How are you gonna be town? Fer real.

EDIT: Just so we all know where I stand on this, I vote Coloursfall.

I'll stand back on the voting for now, but, I wouldn't necessarily say that Colours' defense is the best--as with Metallica, my role is my character in name only and somewhat simple, and your Eater of Worlds isn't quite that innocent as a significant (I think?) boss. Last time the mafia were predominantly evil characters, as well. Shame that choosing a villain carries such a suspicion by default.

My entire thought process right now is "HOW ON EARTH CAN AN EATER OF WORLDS BE TOWN?" I think it's really probable that the role is Mafia. Forgive me if you think I'm picking on you, but seriously? Eater of worlds? How are you gonna be town? Fer real.

EDIT: Just so we all know where I stand on this, I vote Coloursfall.

Hm. Well, the Eater of Worlds is an eyeball-worm-bug-snake-demon thing that tries to kill the player when you summon it. But is it necessarily evil? How do you know that the EoW isn't a creature designed to test the skills of an adventurer on a quest to purge the world of deadly beasts? How do you know that the player isn't really a genocidal maniac bent on bringing ruin to a peaceful land filled with strange creatures, and the Eater is just one of its defenders?

Now, for your character, Chibi Robo. It appears to be a cute little robot intent on serving the Sandersons. But what if the Sandersons are the head of a criminal organization, dealing with selling illegal drugs, extortion, and assassination? What if Mr. Sanderson hacked into the Chibi Robos, using them to poison their clients' enemies, or sabotaging machinery to, say, explode? You can't discount yourself as being Mafia, or anyone else for the matter, based on their roles. You also can't go "oooh, they're the leader of a group of traveling Adepts who fight evil or something, they MUST be Town, because there's NO WAY they could have been corrupted or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!1!!!111"

Well, that would be lame on the GM's part to make the evil characters the mafia. Too easy. If the GM was smart it'd be a mix. Well, my character seemed to somewhat fit the role I was given. Pretty loosely though.

Hm. Well, if we're pseudo-roleclaiming, mine soooort of fits my character, though I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Anyway, if we gotta lynch somebody, why not someone who has yet to post? It's no fun killing off someone who will actually participate in discussion right off the bat.

Back
Top Bottom