• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Villainous Team Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
Villainous Team Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Looker's daily report

Finally, all of the bad guys are arrested! But, sadly, some them are thinking that they are still free, because they are attempting to break the jail. The jail is very solid, but even then, we want all the inmates to cooperate! That is, cooperate with us, not cooperate with them. If you cooperate with them, you are going to jail- I mean, yes, well... Anyway, please, do something about these nonrepenting crooks, hmm?

72 hours for the actions of the night.

Re: Villainous Team Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

this is beautiful

and yes i am going to continue to post in the night and if/when i die because fuck the rules. i'm a villains i'm not supposed to obey ur stupid shit world

Whoops, that slipped past me for a bit. Can't let that keep happening.

Seventh notch on Lysandre's cell wall.

So, the wards want us to cooperate with them about the possible jailbreak incidents... Tch. There is nothing they can do to me right now that can top what I've already been through. I fear death no longer, for better or for worse. As I ever do, I shall simply care for my own business and, mayhap, satisfy my curiosity.

Speaking of which -- I'm told a former Magma admin was found dead in the compound this morning. Courtney was her name, apparently? She was dressed in something different than her usual outfit, so apparently people couldn't see the injuries straight away... But I hear they were, ah, far from beautiful. Perhaps that's supposed to be some kind of message to the prisoners who have decided to cooperate with the authorities? Either way, it doesn't affect me, seeing as I won't be coerc-

Hm? When did my bottle of nail polish become so lightweight? ... Why is it empty? Oh, there's a tag here- "Help us find the jailbreakers or else this will keep happening to your cosmetics"?

... No. NOOOOOOO!!

Superbird, the Courtney, is dead. He was Innocent.

72 hours for discussion.

I think that the different clothes are the most important part. Maybe someone that swapped the actual target with Superbird.

Hm? When did my bottle of nail polish become so lightweight? ... Why is it empty? Oh, there's a tag here- "Help us find the jailbreakers or else this will keep happening to your cosmetics"?

... No. NOOOOOOO!!

lysandre confirmed for kristoph gavin

and uh yeah wtf is up with that clothes thing. flavor text is Never irrelevant.(*whispers* never) but like wtf that's not very much to go on

Hm. Unusual clothes might be relevant, eh? I dunno, could be, but as this was a pretty bog-standard N1 (one death, nothing else of obvious note) I don't suppose we have anything else to talk about. Let me see if I can spitball up anything interesting.

-Superbird was not the killer's original target and was subject to some sort of redirect (assuming the flavor is something like the user of that action dressing him up as the intended target). A simple redirection effect, or maybe a bus driver? Redirect roles are usually innocent in my experience, although I do wonder why you'd redirect someone on N1. If it's something like a bus driver who happens to be able to choose themselves as one of the "passengers" (I don't think they normally can?), then I guess they could try to switch themselves with someone they thought was likely to be protected/unlikely to be killed. Outside of that, I think most redirect roles usually choose a person whose action they want to redirect, which is a) a very strange thing to do on N1 when you are operating on zero information and don't know whether you're redirecting a useful/dangerous action, and b) means that they don't choose the target of the redirect, which would seem to make the clothing change unnecessary. Soooo possibly either a wardrobe-swapping bus driver, or another redirect role with some other sort of targeting rules that I can't think of right now...????

-Or perhaps Superbird had a power that would let him disguise himself as someone else, a redirect-to-self sort of power? Not very Courtney-ish, for either Old Annoying Laugh Courtney or New GLaDOS Courtney, but I dunno if that'd really matter in a choice mafia. More importantly, I feel like that'd also be a risky thing to try on N1... you could disguise yourself as someone you think is likely to be protected, I guess, but if they're likely to be protected then they're also likely to be killed. Less sure about this one, but eh.

-Stepping away from redirection for a moment, is there some other reason someone might mess with another person's clothes? Maybe instead of redirecting an action, it's some other kind of disguise (that... I'm guessing... didn't work? On account of he's dead, you see)? Stealing clothing or something from him after he died? I can't think of any particularly likely roles or powers based on either of those things. Maybe something interesting will come to me when I'm less tired, eh.

...part of me wants to say it could be some kind of janitor-esque attempt to hide the body's identity, but that very clearly did not happen (it's obviously Courtney, modpost unambiguously states innocence), so, uh. Unless the intent was to make Superbird flip innocent even though he's really not, but why would that happen???? Janitors are usually mafia and the point would be either to hide the alignment outright, or to frame an innocent and make them look guilty... so... ugh yeah I should stop and get ready for bed now my ideas are getting progressively worse and nothing makes sense anymore.

...but yeah, without anything else to go on that's all speculation. Nice to keep in mind, though, I guess. Maybe someone else has some alternative ideas to consider?

(P.S. kristoph lysandre yes, this is a good plan and is a thing that should continue to happen)

She was dressed in something different than her usual outfit

The fact that this is all the detail that we get, and that it isn't specified what she actually was dressed in, makes me think maybe this wasn't a redirect or swapping-type power (which I would presume would be accompanied by narration about exactly what she was wearing). On the other hand, I might just be reading too much into MF's flavor-writing decisions. And even if it's not a redirect or swap, I still have no idea what it would be instead.

There's also entirely the possibility that that bit of flavor was omitted because Superbird was redirected/swapped with somebody who wears unique/easily identifiable clothing or no clothing. So that would be... Flora/Lovrina, ILS/Gengar or Ice, Butterfree/N, Nira/Ghetsis, Kratos/Wes, ZM/Gonzap, and Altissimo/whatever she ended up with. So, uh, now that I think of it, that's actually most of the list. Plenty of whom are well-known good-at-Mafia players whom the scum could totally plausibly target on night 1.

So I guess there's a pretty fair chance that my only idea was a moot point, now that I think it through pretty thoroughly.

I ended up with All Four Go-Rock Quads, for reference. Not that it really matters but i figured i'd share

kratos you have a lot of interesting ideas, unfortunately i am too tired to actually make sense of half of them at the moment lol i will come back later today with more substantial post i just wanted to respond to "Altissimo/whatever she ended up with"

If the role I received is any indication, there's probably a few disruptive roles like redirectors, roleblockers and framers in this game.

I think MF definitely put a lot of uncommon roles in this game, because the one I got was a role I'd never seen before. So I guess we have to keep an open mind and expect some Major Fuckery in this game.

I guess in the interest of transparency and providing more material to work with, I'll share a bit more info. As it turns out, Team Rocket's Meowth wasn't game-canon enough for MF, so my role is Petrel, and as you can probably guess, my night action is flavored around disguises. For now, I'd rather keep to myself what exactly that night action is.

In any case, I refrained from using my night action, and after seeing the flavor of today's death, I requested and just received PM clarification from MF that yes, we are allowed to refrain from night actions, so as far as I know I'm not responsible for Courtney's disguise. So I'm guessing that either (A) we have somebody else whose night action is also flavored around disguises, or (B) we have some kind of role that can force others to use their night actions without them knowing.

God, I hope (B) isn't true, that would be a huge pain for us to take into account in trying to deduce virtually anything.

oh god dammit I keep mixing up the Rocket execs' English and Japanese names. I was thinking it might've had something to do with your role, but I kept telling myself that the disguise guy was Lambda. Lambda and Petrel are the same bloody person Phoenix you jerk. Ugh.

Anyway, that is interesting. I'm not surprised people can refrain from acting, but this does mean (if we choose to believe you, et cetera et cetera standard mafia game blather) that it's going to be harder to figure out what happened to Superbird. Who else would have a disguise-related role? Again assuming that the flavor is actually meaningful, of course.

I guess it's safe to say that he probably didn't do that to himself, at least. Jack's power apparently fits Petrel well, and I'd say mine fits me well (though not in a way I was expecting), so I guess it's unlikely that Courtney would have a power that seems so far removed from anything she's done in the games.

24-hour extension.

And here's hoping I'll actually be awake this exact time 24 hours from now.

and here's hoping people Say a Thing

i texted @VM 3 TIMES yelling him to post in mafia and he has not

This thread is only one page long and yet you managed to not see my post :/

Does anyone else have anything to say at all, though? I know we had a really vanilla-looking night and the only discussion has been entirely speculative, so I guess I understand not having much to contribute, but it is nice to know people are paying attention. :/ And quiet mafia games are no fun anyway! Don't make me start ranting about how silence is useless to town again, it's too early for that >|

I don't have anything extraordinarily useful to add, but it might be possible that Courtney being found wearing "something other than her usual outfit" might not be... disguise-related? Like, maybe the standard Magma outfit just wasn't practical for performing whatever her night action was, for... some reason. What that reason could be, I have no idea, but. Just throwing this out there in the interest of adding to the discussion, I guess.

(Also, I think someone was wondering whether this Courtney is R/S/E Courtney or OR/AS Courtney, so I wanted to say that I am pretty clearly OR/AS Archie. Which doesn't necessarily mean that MF decided to go with OR/AS Courtney as well, but I just wanted to say that now to avoid any future confusion about who I am.)

Flora [...] good-at-Mafia players

This is hilarious because I'm so bad at mafia that I continuously forget when I'm playing

I was refraining from posting until I could formulate my thoughts, and then everyone else said anything I could've said and accidentally two days passed. Oops.

Night 1 and Day 1 are always the hugest struggles.

(Also I've been crying at Kristoph!Lysandre for days)

This thread is only one page long and yet you managed to not see my post :/

ok yeah i actually did miss it -_- i fail

anyhow i don't know that i have anything to add either, i have said my shit. maybe it is time to just abstain as per always on the first day of mafia --

Jack's, "I didn't do it because I didn't do it," isn't really sufficient to shake my suspicions entirely when the scrap of suggestive flavour we got points to him— especially given that he's not sharing the details of his role. I agree that it might be best to abstain for the day, though.

Looker's daily report

I see that the prisoners have truly taken charging of the situation, but as they are simple, silly criminals and not ace International Police detectives like moi, they have not made much progress. ... I have not made much progress, also.

All I could gather from their conversation was some ruckusing about the clothes that some person or other was wearing. If you are asking me, the inmates should all be wearing prison uniforms, no? Why are they not all wearing prison uniforms? But, ah, it is no good to boss around... I shall lead by example! From now on, I, Looker, will be wearing a prison uniform!

No one was lynched.

72 hours for the actions of the night.

Back
Top Bottom