• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Warriors Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ask me, Squirrelflight is just... too obvious. o.o Sol seems the primary suspect to me; I think he'd do something that would cause trouble like that.

If you ask me, Squirrelflight is just... too obvious. o.o Sol seems the primary suspect to me; I think he'd do something that would cause trouble like that.

I quite like the irony of how you claim Squirrelflight's too obvious... in a murder of Ashfur, the traitor that some claimed would not be the traitor because it was 'too obvious'. xD

I never did think of Sol, admittedly... that's a very good point, actually. Surely Sol would want to keep the three safe, despite Hollyleaf's obvious hatred for him and despite his obvious contempt for the ways of the Clans. I bet he's going to show up again in Sunrise and his words - that the Clans and Hollyleaf need him - will ring true... I also think that he has some hypnotic power which might be the cause of it :D

Mind control is fun to explore.

I never did think of Sol, admittedly... that's a very good point, actually. Surely Sol would want to keep the three safe, despite Hollyleaf's obvious hatred for him and despite his obvious contempt for the ways of the Clans. I bet he's going to show up again in Sunrise and his words - that the Clans and Hollyleaf need him - will ring true... I also think that he has some hypnotic power which might be the cause of it :D

Mind control is fun to explore.

That's exactly what I said several posts ago. D: Why doesn't anyone listen to me?

If Jayfeather could tell, yet all evidence points to the contrary, there's got to be something odd going on, eh? And of course we all know a certain cat who has almost hypnotic-like abilities and would have good reason to keep the Three safe from harm, right?

Ooh, Dark River was really cool. The only PoT book I haven't liked that much was Outcast, but that one was pretty much just so that Jaypaw could meet the Tribe of Endless Hunting.

Okay, maybe not all the time. But still sometimes?

Now for some spoilers.
I didn't think of Sol either... I can't see how the set will end in a book, too. It seems like it can go on for maybe three books?

On an somewhat related note, have any of you seen the 'Leafpool finally snaps' clip on Youtube? =D

I need to stop changing the subject X_x

Now for some spoilers.
I didn't think of Sol either... I can't see how the set will end in a book, too. It seems like it can go on for maybe three books?

Hmm? Are you saying you don't think that the series will wrap up in a book? Well, it's not going to - Omen of the Stars is going to start where Power of Three left off, so we still have the three~!

On an somewhat related note, have any of you seen the 'Leafpool finally snaps' clip on Youtube? =D

I love that clip. xD

Heheh, I just watched it for the.... 329857325th time.
Really, I didn't know the next book would be Omen of the Stars X_X; Arrgh, I need to catch up with news. What I meant was that Hollyleaf doesn't know her power yet, Sol isn't dead, and Tigerpaw hasn't been involved in a scandal. So, I don' think all that can happen in a book. PLUS the revalation to the Three about their parents.

Even though their parents are sooo obviously Crowfeather and Leafpool. Not you. =D

Hey guyyyyyyyys :D

I was sending a question to Erin about Heatherpaw=Hawkfrost's daughter theory and was talking about eye color, when I realized...

Jaypaw's eyes are closer to Hawkfrost's! How extraordinarly... weird o.O

shadow_lugia,
I thought before it was because Jayfeather was related to Brambleclaw, but because of Long Shadows... Anyways, I never actually thought of that.

I just learned two random fan theories today. Wait, four.

Heheh, I just watched it for the.... 329857325th time.
Really, I didn't know the next book would be Omen of the Stars X_X; Arrgh, I need to catch up with news. What I meant was that Hollyleaf doesn't know her power yet, Sol isn't dead, and Tigerpaw hasn't been involved in a scandal. So, I don' think all that can happen in a book. PLUS the revalation to the Three about their parents.

Even though their parents are sooo obviously Crowfeather and Leafpool. Not you. =D

No, the next book is Sunrise - the next series is Omen of the Stars. Hollyleaf's power is supposed to be revealed in Sunrise, anyway. And as for Tigerpaw...? What makes you think that? The name?

Aw I wish I was their mother xDx

Note: Best viewed in the Roar of Time style, because apparently typing stuff in Microsoft Word doesn't have a good effect on it when you post it. O_e

Late post lykwhoah.

I voted for Blackstar and Tallstar. Why? Because in my eyes,
Firestar is a gary-stu who can do everything perfectly most of the time and nothing bad ever happens to him exept maybie losing a few lives. Tigerstar is much awsomer because who doesn't like ambition, I really would have likes a Tigerstar super-edition story. Firestar, on the other hand has way too many fans just because he's a gary-stu and is the main character.

Okay, Flametail, calm down. You won't be able to type coherently if you're in a screaming fit.

Before I say anything, I must ask, do you know me at all, Shadowstar? I suppose you must not. But if you did, you'd know that, of the few things that anger me, this is one of the ones that make me come absolutely unglued. It would have been wise to word that more carefully.

(Don't ask about the following formatting. It's the only way the spoiler tags would work, and it still isn't quite right. O_o)

Now, normally I would go in order with your comments, but I just can't resist doing this one first.

"Firestar, on the other hand has way too many fans just because he's a gary-stu and is the main character."

... Have you ever in your lifetime been to a Warriors fansite? If you have, you should know that only about 10% of the fandom likes Firestar at all. The others are neutral or hate his guts. I personally loathe Warrior's Wish for this reason (and many others, but that's beside the point), and only go there for updates and to amuse myself with what I consider their baseless and foolish reasoning. There are times when I feel really alone in this fandom, and only Leafpool seems to relate to me.

I'll go in order from now on.

"Firestar is a gary-stu who can do everything perfectly most of the time and nothing bad ever happens to him exept maybie losing a few lives."

Alright, let's go with that first statement there, the one about him being a Stu.

... WHERE DO PEOPLE
GET THAT IDEA?

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'll continue more sensibly.

Right. Firestar breaks the warrior code several times (and is punished for it, too), he's not fully accepted till this day, he willingly lets outsiders into the Clan and thus elicits hostility from the other Clans, loses his temper several times, messes up his relationships, is often torn in two, ignores the will of StarClan, and makes rash decisions based on his love for his friends.

Mm-hmm. Totally a Stu. (And I’m not even going to go into the fact that Sues/Stus are almost invariably self-inserts, which Firestar clearly is not, or that Vicky is far too interested in shades of gray to make a perfect character, or that the
Erins are experienced writers…)

And as for that last part of your statement, the one about him never having anything bad happen to him, I almost put that one up there with the very first one I retaliated to; it’s that ridiculous.

How can you possibly claim that Firestar, or any Warriors character for that matter, doesn’t have anything really bad happen to him? That doesn’t make sense at all.

Let’s review the list, shall we?

His first love dies, his best friend’s mentor is killed, his other best friend flees the Clan, Graystripe falls in love with Silverstream and their friendship dissipates for a while, his first apprentice is crippled and becomes a medicine cat, he’s forced to bring Cloudtail to the Clan, he’s punished for feeding RiverClan, Silverstream dies, Graystripe goes to RiverClan for a while, Tigerclaw attacks Bluestar, Bluestar goes insane, a fire destroys his camp, a kit he promised Brackenfur as an apprentice is killed, Yellowfang dies because he saves his worst enemy’s son, he and Sandstorm fight, he learns Cloudtail is an atheist, Cloudtail is captured by Twolegs for a while, Tigerstar becomes ShadowClan’s leader, Bluestar stops trusting even him, his Clan is living in fear because of the dog pack, he and Sandstorm fight,Brightheart is disfigured and Swiftpaw is killed, Bluestar dies to save him, he becomes leader without being ready, he’s distanced from his Clan, Tigerstar forms TigerClan, he watches the whole thing with the half-Clan cats and takes them in, BloodClan appears, Scourge kills Tigerstar and he’s upset, they’re forced to fight BloodClan, his deputy is killed…

And that’s in the first series alone.

“Tigerstar is much awsomer because who doesn't like ambition, I really would have likes a Tigerstar super-edition story.”

I’m not going to argue with your opinion on this, but I’ll state that, despite being fond of evilness (hey, not like I can hate it if my picture is next to it in the dictionary), I can’t bring myself to like Tigerstar only because he was very much a racist in that he hated cats who didn’t have “pure” Clan blood.

Also, though I don’t think we’ll be getting a Tigerstar book, we’ll be able to find out a lot more about him in the Bluestar super edition that comes in September o’ 2009.

... And just for the record, I voted for Crookedstar when it came down to it. Actively.

... I'd defend Squirrelflight too, as I believe this applies to her as well, but I really don't like her enough to tell properly.

Last edited:
... And just for the record, I voted for Crookedstar when it came down to it. Actively.

I don't think I voted in the final round, but I think I would have voted Firestar, actually. He's my favorite of all the Clan leaders save Cloudstar.

In the other Clans, though, I thiiiiink picked Blackstar, Crookedstar and Tallstar. I ended up picking the cats that I thought led their Clan the best (which is why I said 'I think': Tigerstar was a great leader to his Clan alone, but not to RiverClan or the other Clans). Leopardstar gets to be a lot of a better leader in TNP and PoT, but her image in the first series - arrogant and suspicious of everyone else - remains in my head. And Onestar... well... anyone who's read PoT Dark River and on (especially Eclipse) will understand why.

Oh, wait, I just realized I didn't justify Firestar > Bluestar yet. Well, for half of Firestar's time in the Clan she was insane and all. Her attitude kind of annoyed me when anyone broke the warrior code - insane or not insane.

Flametail said:
... Have you ever in your lifetime been to a Warriors fansite? If you have, you should know that only about 10% of the fandom likes Firestar at all. The others are neutral or hate his guts. I personally loathe Warrior's Wish for this reason (and many others, but that's beside the point), and only go there for updates and to amuse myself with what I consider their baseless and foolish reasoning. There are times when I feel really alone in this fandom, and only Leafpool seems to relate to me

Would that (the bolded stuff) be how they seem to hate all the books/characters and BirchxWhite and all?

And awwww. I RELATE TO YOU <3 Dude we have like the same personality and all, saying I didn't relate to you would be like saying I didn't relate to myself. Which makes no sense.

~ADDITIONALLY~ Thanks for that thing about all the bad stuff Firestar had happen to him. I was actually trying to figure out why I thought that he wasn't perfect because I'm not that terrific at picking up on character traits and the like. xD I think my rationalization would be something along the lines of "but he breaks the warrior code a lot and Bad Stuff happens to him".

Actually, by your reasoning that characters related to Firestar dying = a not-Stu, then Sorreltail's the least Mary-Sue of all the cats. I mean seriously, she had her dad die before she was apprenticed; had her mother die five moons later; had her mentor go on a long journey to StarClan-knows-where; got struck on the Thunderpath and injured, delaying her warrior name; had her best friend leave the Clan and return to watch Cinderpelt dying for her and her kits' lives; had Sootfur die in the same battle; then had Rainwhisker and Molekit die just moons later; had both Brackenfur and Poppypaw struck by greencough; had Cinderpaw fall out of a tree just a few moons later... the list goes on.

Now for something semi-random:
Oh, that greencough epidemic was one of the saddest things that I've seen happen in Warriors, and only Firestar lost a life. DDDDD:

Also I cried for the fourth time at Warriors (also having cried at Feathertail's death in Moonrise, the story of the journey and SkyClan in Firestar's Quest and Bluestar's death in my 700th or something rereading of ADP [wtf]) at the bit at the end of the Jaypaw/Jay's Wing stuff where he's all like "The three have come home..." xD

Last edited:
No, I knew That the next book is Sunrise, I didn't know the first book in the Fourth Apprentice was Omen of the Stars.

Holy crap, Flametail. How long did that take to type?

And I kinda feel sorry for Sorreltail, now that I think about it. Neheh. By that time I'd have already killed myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom