• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wayfarer Comms

Is there any reason for this destruction? We don't have time for this nonsense. Can they be contained?

According to the Cyclone, a force of nature needs no reason to destroy. Although he then proceeded to illustrate his disdain for offworlders and wished to see us killed in our sleep, so I imagine he had his reason to cause enough of a problem to make us confront him.

As much as I wish to avoid any of this, I don't think the Cyclone will allow it. Either we go to him, or he'll come to us, and it's clear he does not care who or what gets caught in the crossfire.

How strong is this Cyclone? Calling oneself a force of nature is idiotic on the face of it. If it can communicate, then it can choose to be a detriment to the world. All it's doing is giving us a good reason to "act in self-defense." Even a cyclone dies to a mountain. And if we're here to solve this world's problems...

Well, Zapdos apparently just wanted to have some big show fight with us. If we've got more of these morons knocking, and they're going to insist on destroying property until we give them a fight, then fine, let's make them fucking regret it.

And these are... Saints of this world? Typically, that word has a much more positive connotation. But so far, they've either been absent, uncooperative, or destructive. Oh, if Owen were of sound mind, the opinions he'd have...

Do they serve any beneficial purpose to the world?

"So, uh... I was actually talking to Sybil about this the other day. Apparently those Divine Dungeons are a means of testing people to see if they could succeed whatever Saint passed on and turned into a relic. The Saints should be able to exert some degree of influence on the planet.

"Which reeeeeeeeeeaaaally makes me wonder why one wants to go around acting like a feral instead of, I dunno, trying to figure out why the hell this planet lets anyone who waltzes in from another world get crazy strong crazy quickly... compared to, y'know, the people who've lived here their whole lives.

"Hey, Betel, does your astral plane or whatever got an explanation for that? Or for how Aurelia already knew who we were when she brought Giovanni here despite the fact he got to Forlas before us?"

I caught wind of the... Motlres incident. We seem to have our hands full. I'm going to scout things around... Might bring someone else, but I want our group to be lightweight and ready to flee if we must.

Perhaps others can be on standby so we can "deal with them" if necessary...

Moltres is trying to destroy the railway in Blaguarro. Anyone who can, come with your supplies. Bring any containment procedures you can think of. Otherwise, we might have to kill her. I don't know how we can jail a Saint of great power that's actively hostile.

Do you have a plan for how to stop a Saint from continuing to cause trouble otherwise? Please, inform me of the jail cell that can contain a Saint so bent on destruction. If Moltres listens, fine. She can live. But if she doesn't, what will you do?

Then maybe we spend more than ten fucking seconds figuring out what options we have? You don't just go, 'Oh, well, I can't figure out a solution to this problem, guess it'll have to be cold-blooded murder.'

I've thought a while about our options. I'm not sure anything can work against a Saint unless this one is a lot weaker than I'm estimating. That's why I asked for other ideas... because I proposed our last resort. What, ask the Mewtwo for another capsule? I doubt it will hold them.

Back
Top Bottom