• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Weirdest evolution

Trapinch to Vibrava actually makes sense. Trapinch is an antlion larva; Vibrava is an adult antlion which looks a lot like a dragonfly. Flygon is taking the adult antlion and making it a dragon.

Trapinch to Vibrava actually does make sense, since it's based on an antlion. Magikarp to Gyarados is based on some Chinese legend that has to do with a carp leaping over some gate in a waterfall and becoming a dragon or something, which is probably why in Snap you get Gyarados to come out by making Magikarp go into the waterfall. I know there's some explanation for Remoraid to Octillery that I don't remember but I think somebody already said it. I really don't understand Carvanha to Sharpedo, though.

I can see sense in Carvanha -> Sharpedo - piranha to shark. Small man-eating fish to large man-eating fish.

Though obviously both interpretations of these fish are based on the Hollywood portrayals of them. ._.

Remoraid to Octillery and Vibrava to Flygon win it for me. There's no link between them (well, the latter makes more sense than the previous one... it's still weird. And remora to octopus? Fail.).

I always though shroomish to breloom was a bit whatdigimon to me, but I really think they fail with dragonair to dragonite. It changes colour and grows limbs and gains 20 pounds. :/

Also, feebas to milotic is like taking magikarp to gyrados and making it beautiful or something. o.O

Budew to Roselia always seemed weird to me, and Pineco to Forretress. But other than that, everyone else has pretty much said it all, haha.

The tri-evolutions, like diglett or magnemite...but mainly, Weezing. It's supposed to be three Koffing that connected together, but what happened to the third one's face? It's just this little blob hanging off like a sixth finger.

Other than that,
Remoraid -> Octillery.

Surskit to Masquerain. It is part Water for a second, then sprouts wings (I think it's 6) and becomes part Flying. Wierd.

Missingno. to Kangaskhan. Definetely.
Although Remoraid to Octillery and Nincada to Shedinja is kinda weird too.

But Missingno. isn't counted as an official pokemon, is it? I thought it was just a glitch, which explained the wierd evolutions.

Anyway, I always found Mareep to Flaaffy a bit weird. All of a sudden, Mareep stands on its hind legs, and Mareep are based on sheep, aren't they? Since when could sheep stand up right?

Oh, and what about Spoink to Grumpig? How can a strange little creature that doesn't really look like any animal, or mythical creature, turn into a pig? It just doesn't make any sence.​

Eevee has some strange evolutions. "Look everyone! I'm going to set a radioactive rock on fire and give it to my cute little Eevee, so it can mutate into a firey version of itself." or "The time is right. Eevee, kill that Starly and quickly hug the mossy rock."

I like the Eevee evolutions, but it does seem a little odd.

Pineco to Foretress, def. I mean, wtf, first you have a pinecone with eyes, then you have a rock with eyes and little tumor things. Doesn't make too much sense to me.

Remoraid to Octillery is just one of many puny fish -> other random sea creature evolution chains in the pokemon franchise. You've got Remoraid and Octillery, and then Magikarp and Gyarados, and Feebas to Milotic.

Nincada to Shedinja also makes sense, as Shedinja is supposed to be the skin Nincada sheds as it evolves into Ninjask. Shedinja is like the shell left behind. (Hence Shedinja).

Well, the Trapinch to Vibrava one has a good reasom behind it. Trapinch is based on an Ant Lion larva, whereas Vibrava is based on an adult And Lion. An Ant lion is a bug. Look it up. It's really no wierder than most bug evolutions (Caterpie to Metapod, Wurmple to Cascoon) If you know about the Ant Lion.

But Larvitar into Pupitar ,akes no sense to me. How is a little rock dinosaur creature a larva?

Eevee is sort of odd...it's just sort of me, waiting in the middle of the night for the clock to change, with my Eevee about to kill a weakened Pokemon.

"Wait for it...wait for it...DIE!"

Oh, and Remoraid to Octillary. Very unusual.

Slowpoke-Slowbro/Slowking

It evolves by having a giant clam stuck to its tail/head. What? And I love Slowbro, too... But that's just weird.

Back
Top Bottom