• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor Who: The Clockwise Man

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Darren Shan: Slawter

I just read Marked in slightly over twenty-four hours, and I've started 1984 for English II. I also plan to read the three sequels to Marked, Bloodline: Reckoning, and possibly the last Harry Potter book (which I cannot remember the name of at the moment) and Rebecca, simply because it's on my bookshelf and I haven't read it yet.
Hoping mom will take me to the bookstore this weekend.

'Kay, I've finished 1984 and have started Bloodline: Reckoning. I've also bought the first two books of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings. After those hefty ones, I might pick up Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and then finish the House of Night series, which would involve reading Betrayed, Chosen, and Untamed.

The Mysterious Benedict Society and The Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart, sequel to The Mysterious Benedict Society.

I've been reading so much lately.
I've read six books in the past week. Just finished Betrayed, Chosen, and Untamed. Will start the final Harry Potter book later today. Hoping to start A Song of Ice and Fire soon.

Hey Nostradamus! by Douglas Coupland.

I just adore Coupland's books. Always and without exception, they are brilliant. Partly because he's such an excellent writer, but also because the topics he chooses to write about are subjects very few writers have the courage or indeed, the imagination, to write about. This one's written from the point of view of four people, including a girl who gets murdered in a school shooting, and it's excellent.

And makes such a change from acedemic textooks DX

I'm reading Empire of Ivory, the fourth book in the Temeraire series, now.

I'm giving another attempt at Twilight. I hope to have it finished before the movie comes out...

I'm also looking for something good to read; any recommendations?

I just finished Scott Westerfield's Extras\
I'm waiting for Garth Nix's Lord Sunday to come out and the final Pendragon book by D.J McHale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom