• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Reading:
The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud.
Next to read:
Stone Heart by Charlie Fletcher
The Book of Lies whose author I cannot remember.
Recently Read:
Lord Of the Nutcracker Men by Ian Lawrence; for school
Lord Sunday by Garth Nix

Last edited:
Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King. Recently finished both Blaze and The Long Walk by him too, waiting on more interesting books to come in or someone to take me to the main library downtown so I have more to read.

Taking a break from the last book of The Mists of Avalon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley, to read a borrowed one which roughly translates to The Son of Odin.

Current Books I'm reading:

Damn Yankee A biography about Yankee player and manager Billy Martin, doing it for some huge oral report.

WARRIORS: POWER OF THREE: Sunrise Actually haven't started it yet, but will soon. Last book in the WARRIORS Power of Three series.

The Godfather Will be starting soon.

'Tis all right now.

Currently Reading:
The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud.
Next to read:
Stone Heart by Charlie Fletcher
The Book of Lies whose author I cannot remember.
Recently Read:
Lord Of the Nutcracker Men by Ian Lawrence; for school
Lord Sunday by Garth Nix

Lord Sunday is out?

I just finished Graceling by Kristin Cashore

And hopefully starting on our summer reading (I'm getting an early start) The Blithedale Romance by Nathaniel Hawthorne and Oedipus Rex by Sophocles

War of the Spider Queen, Book II: Insurrection by Thomas M. Reid

Yay strange fantasy novels some random kid at the library recommended.

Breaking myself into Discworld with Going Postal and Making Money. Also picked up The Immortals by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell.

Tomorrow, I'm getting Wolf of the Plains by Conn Iggulden and 1984. My gf is giving my The Lightning Thief on Wednesday to get me cracking at Percy Jackson.

The Dust of a Hundred Dogs, about a pirate who is cursed to live one hundred lives as a dog before returning to a human body, growing up in the late twentieth century, and attempting to get her lost treasure back.

Teh Ebil Snorlax said:
My gf is giving my The Lightning Thief on Wednesday to get me cracking at Percy Jackson.

Have fun.

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. It's pretty fun so far, since that quirky girl who's always walking at that same corner talks in an interesting way.
Ironically, books only burn at 451 degrees F if the elevation is 18,000 feet. ^^ I think.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be, since I heard the movie wasn't very well-received. I love its take on murder in an environment in which no one wants to admit such a thing could happen. I also love the unique perspective the book is narrated in.

I just joined a book club at my college, so I'm going to be reading a lot more books now. Yay!

I really need to buy the rest of the Keys to the Kingdom series, seeing as I only have Grim Tuesday...

*ahem*
I myself am currently rereading Into the Wild, of the Warriors series. I'm upset because I haven't bought Fading Echoes yet D=
I've also recently finished Gregor and the Code of Claw, by Suzanne Collins. Final book in the Underland Chronicles, and I've read it so much already, yet I never get tired of it <3

I got this new book from the library. It's called Savvy, and it's about this family who, on their 13th birthday develop powers. The main character, Mibs, is turning 13, and her father gets in a car wreck, so she has to find out how to wake him up..I'm not really very far into the story at all. But anyways, think Graceling, only in modern times, and only with this one family.

The Forever War by Joe Haldeman and A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami, with the occasional Lovecraft short story in between.

Flatland by Edwin Abbott Abbot. I started reading it a while ago and the recent xkcd reminded me that I've still to finish it. I have a habit of starting books and moving on to the next before finighing it.

Just finished Hominids by Robert J. Sawyer. was really good; looking for the other two in the series.

Started on The Giver by Lois Lowry now. It's creeping me out and I'm not halfway through. :C

Warriors: Omen of the Stars: Fading Echoes by Erin Hunter(actually started writing Victoria Holmes for author) and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian by C.S Lewis for AR.

Started on The Giver by Lois Lowry now. It's creeping me out and I'm not halfway through. :C

That was a really good book, we had to read it last year in seventh grade. I've been trying to pressure my friend into reading it, and she's giving in.

I really like all of the symbolism in the Chronicles of Narnia

and yeah The Giver is a pretty creepy book.

Just finished Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman. Gonna reread The Curse of the Gloamglozer by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell and Terry Pratchett's Bromeliad, then get a crack on a book about the Knights Templar I got from the library.

Currently I'm reading Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies, and it's beautiful so far.

I'm also reading The Fire Eternal by Chris D'Lacey. I bought it because I have read the other books in the series, and I want to know what happens. Though that is almost the only reason I'm reading it; I'm growing out of the series and not so entertained by reading it. I'll probably end up reading synopsises for the upcoming books just so I know what happens.

My current goal is to finish reading all of the unread books on my bookshelf before I buy/borrow any new ones. Next up are The Telling Pool by David Clement-Davies, The Smoke Thief by Shana Abé, and The Ragwitch by Garth Nix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom