• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers

Hey altmer what is your favorite Radiohead song mine is probably A Wolf At the Door or maybe Lucky or possibly Life In A Glasshouse because it is jazzalicious.

fake plastic trees probably. mostly because it's an acoustic song and I am a sucker for acoustic songs with climaxes. partly because I can semi-play it. and then because the lyrics are so fucking awesome.

honorable mentions are karma police, paranoid android, creep, street spirit, high and dry, videotape, bodysnatchers, the national anthem, and basically anything off the bends/ok computer because I like their old stuff more

Fake Plastic Trees was my favorite back when the only albums I had were The Bends, OK Computer, and In Rainbows.

Oh and I forgot about the National Anthem, that song is awexome. Also: Reckoner.

AND I have another question, what Porcupine Tree album do you recommend I get next, all I have is Deadwing and it is <3 (except for Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, which I tend to skip because it is twice as long as it needs to be). I'm thinking Fear of a Blank Planet or In Absentia, but I want your opinion.

Verne - Oh god, I used to loathe you, but I do want to say that I'm sorry for hating you, and that I shouldn't. So, apologies Verne, and sorry for being such a spazz in the chat. 8D!

Well hay you had reason because I was a total JERK (I mean I still am but I'm trying to block out that part of me. personality wranglin').

I do have kinda shit taste in things, it sucks. It's all good though, I think.

I'm doing a lot of talking about me and little on the ratin'. Probably cause no one here is really familiar save the people I've already addressed.

You know who I do like is surskitty but not because of who she is really but just cause surskitty is a fun name and you can say things like surskootles and she'll still pipe up. Jeeze it's early in the morning.

Fake Plastic Trees was my favorite back when the only albums I had were The Bends, OK Computer, and In Rainbows.

Oh and I forgot about the National Anthem, that song is awexome. Also: Reckoner.

AND I have another question, what Porcupine Tree album do you recommend I get next, all I have is Deadwing and it is <3 (except for Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, which I tend to skip because it is twice as long as it needs to be). I'm thinking Fear of a Blank Planet or In Absentia, but I want your opinion.

their whole discography bar the first one or two albums, but In Absentia is best.

and Arriving Somewhere is my favourite on Deadwing lol, but mainly because I like the part in the middle where the guitars go all heavy.

In Absentia is more like Deadwing, FOABP is a bit... cynical and dark and moody. The songs are all proggier and darker and less accessible. I think you would like In Absentia more. But what do I know I love all the PT I've heard.

Okay I'm just going to talk about the people I see on my Profile Page, be it Friends or Visitor messages or whatever.

AuroraKing you're first since you post on my Profile Page. You're a cool guy, we didn't talk at all on the last forum I think but I never had anything against you and I like you now. You make good threads and replies imo.
And you have a good taste in guys and you lie Emilie Autumn which is cool too.

Mhaladie, even though I haven't posted in your art thread yet I like your drawings. Especially those weird Pokemon, those are nice. You're also very friendly and you go and comment on my dA drawings and on my art thread here which is a plus ;w;

NWT you told me I'm awesome and we're on each other's friends lists and I often like your posts so :I

Rubyyyyy I like you. You're super smart and cool and you've told me about a couple of good Britcoms and we get along well despite not agreeing on everything which is nice. Plus our MSN conversations are fun imo.

Dannichu we don't agree on some stuff but it'd be really hard to dislike you just because you're a super nice person and I like your drawings :D

Altmer you're cool and you burn people pretty well :thumbsup:

Charteon idk we haven't talked much but you came to tell me I'm awesome and I like your avatar on the previous forum so I don't have anything against you. Let's chat sometime or something :*

Flareth you're okay even though you can be annoyingly obssessional about stuff and you're too fond of LOL RANDOM ZANY imo.

Espeon; don't now you very well but you seem like an okay guy. Don't mind what I've seen of your opinions either.

Do me you guys.

Yeah, me too. Putin's sense of humour is of a familiar but effective variety.

So, Putin, I like you. You're clever-headed, just like that other guy who I said was clever-headed. And you usually make me laugh. Sometimes I get some bad vibes from you, because, you know, you feel like the kind of person who might go all snarly on people for no good reason. But I can't recall that actually happening, so I guess it's just my associations and crap.

surskitty - You really used to scare me. I used to think that you were evil in a can, as you always used to yell at me in the chat. I can now see that I was wrong about the whole "evil in a can" thing, and that you're also an awesome person, who just hates stupidity.
I think I mostly yelled at you because you kept apologizing? Something stupid like that, anyway. but hurray~~
You know who I do like is surskitty but not because of who she is really but just cause surskitty is a fun name and you can say things like surskootles and she'll still pipe up. Jeeze it's early in the morning.
This brightened my day somehow. whooo~ GO VEROON~?

YES I AM IGNORING MOST OF YOU mainly because I am not good at coherent backpatting.

dear angry tagger who we all know and love: why you gotta be like that~?

Charteon: I like you but we've not chatted in ages. :\
MD: I like your sense of humour.
Espeon: I haven't talked to you very much, but you seem pretty decent.
surskitty: seems pretty awesome.

I have either don't know anything about a lot of the people that have posted in this thread or am pretty indifferent towards them, hence the lack of comments on most people here.

Charteon: I think I recall you as being one of those people I thought 'I WISH I WAS AS AWESOME AS THEM D:' when I first joined. XD I wish I knew more about you, because you seem to be a very cool person. Yeah... that's basically all I have to say. :3

Jolty: Another of those people I guess. Who seem to be the equivalent of popular trendy girls at school who wear short skirts and three layers of make-up. None of them have much personality, and are basically all clones and nobody will ever remember them. But then again I always thought Verne was one of them, but then it turned out she was just... trying to fit in or something, because she's pretty decent. I hope that's the same for you, 'cause you just seem like an even meaner version of her right now. And I keep double-taking every time I see your username, because IRL all my friends refer to me as Jolty. ;-; THIEF.

Altmer makes me laugh, but probably not in a good way. He seems to go out of his way to type half-assedly (which IS the fashion at the moment right now, I'm aware of that, but that doesn't mean it actually looks good) and then goes the other end of the spectrum when typing up a huge five paragraph post during a debate. Which makes him seem rather pompous. But other than that, he seems a decent guy, even though I'm pretty sure he hasn't forgotten that I'm a narrow-minded hornet or something. But I liked that anyway, since I can see how I came off as that, and he is actually intelligent.

surskitty for some reason I'm more scared of than Altmer. She (why am I using third-person) You seem to be a pretty awesome person, but one I'm doomed to never actually speak to properly. ;-; But that's not really her fault, so I'll just... like, admire from afar or something.

Ruby I'm not sure of in the slightest. All I remember is that he was a mod on TCoD, was male, and had a very modest post count, so I just assumed he was an old mod and joined late or something. Either way I didn't 'grow up' on TCoD having any sort of opinion on him, so I can't say anything else...

Hawkfish has an annoying signature.
...that is all.

Harlequin is like, sort of awesome. =D For some reason typing like a moron actually suits him (and I don't mean that in a bad way)... more like he was just born to entertain~ Rather than someone just putting it on for attentionwhoring. I've probably got that wrong, but that's just the way it seems. He just appears to be a genuinely light-hearted, awesome kinda guy. And he's one of the 'cool gays I know' that I use against homophobes in conversation at school. Even though I've... never actually spoken to you

NWT I don't really know much about, I only remember when you joined as No Working Title. Which isn't an opinion, so why am I stating it...? xD

AK I just have no clue about anymore. I felt he was actually an awesome person, even though I've always seen him as weak. Do you really think the rest of us don't go through as much shit as you do? Whether they whine about it or not, I'm sure there are many people on this forum in worse situations than you. You just need to fight it harder. Anyway, whenever he posted one of those threads, I was the one who defended you against people like Creepy_Kecleon, saying 'no, he's not just an attentionwhore, I feel sorry for him' etc. And then I actually posted advice, and PMed you saying if you ever needed to talk to a complete stranger about your problems, I would do my best to support you.

And then you completely ignored me~ And then said 'opinion on you has always been neutral on you, becoming further towards the negative side' and I realised that even though you posted all those whiny threads, you never actually appreciated the support you were given and then just made more of them a month later. Incredibly irritating.

So I decided I didn't like you very much after all, and it's been that way ever since. Although I still try to see your point of view and respect your opinion like I do for nearly everyone else here, and you seem to have mellowed down now, and even seem happier, so yeah. That's good...

Verne probably hates me because I'm that idiot from the LGBT club who is really slow and has no clue about everything and tries to act like she can talk with higher members of the forum. :D But I don't care, that doesn't mean she isn't pretty cool too. Even though yes, you are a needy whiny bitch. But you have SPUNK which makes it all better!

Music Dragon knows he's wonderful, why would I need to tell him so? <3

Zhorken - I always for some reason get you mixed up with Charteon. I have no idea why. I really don't have any idea. But... er, you seem awesome too. xD (I suck at putting forth my opinion!)

Vladimir Putin's LJ - don't like you. *shrug* I think I've gotten you confused with someone else though, I'll get back to you on that if they post here. XD; *sooo disorganised*

The rest of you, sorry but I don't know you enough to form an opinion. Or what would suffice as 'incoherent bits of thought' for most people.

EDIT: big post!

Actually, cirrus, I like you, I think you're cool o.o which is good, considering we don't chat a lot and I've still got a good impression of you.

I browsed through this thread and realized that even though a couple of you used to annoy me, you don't really anymore and I just love all you guys. Sure, you have moments of getting on my nerves for one reason or another, but overall you're just all pretty nice and funny and interesting.

... Posting.
Argh this is going to be painful.

Anyway I think most of you guys are pretty rad. You make me laugh and (some) of your posts are interesting to read.

Usually if I see something I don't like I'll ignore it and move on. I don't want to 'hate' or 'dislike' anybody here since I don't really know any of you very well so yeah. I'm not gonna judge eh. cba to go through each person individually.

Although there is like.. one member who really gets on my nerves.
But I won't name him, but if I see that thing ONE MORE TIME.

Jolty: Another of those people I guess. Who seem to be the equivalent of popular trendy girls at school who wear short skirts and three layers of make-up. None of them have much personality, and are basically all clones and nobody will ever remember them. But then again I always thought Verne was one of them, but then it turned out she was just... trying to fit in or something, because she's pretty decent. I hope that's the same for you, 'cause you just seem like an even meaner version of her right now. And I keep double-taking every time I see your username, because IRL all my friends refer to me as Jolty. ;-; THIEF.

She is nothing like what you have described.

Also I feel compelled to say that Putin's sense of humor is fucking amazing and always makes me laugh. :B ++ points for living in Brussels

Apologies for how disjointed, rambly and wishy-washy this is.

I think Altmer can be very scary sometimes, but rarely towards me, which makes me feel a little better :3 I admire most of the people who post regularly in the debating hall and put across much better options than my mashed-up thoughts on a subject (like euthanasia oh god).

I love Floop to bits, even when she's a scary mod and/or grammar nazi. She's great fun to talk to and loves all the same random stuff that I do.

Harlequin is brilliant and he makes me laugh. Lots.

I admit I don't know NWT very well (but I like you and I am actually looking for an avvie for you since you asked. I wrote you a message about it, but the computer deleted it D:), so we need to talk more.

Strangy has a brilliant sense of humour and does fantastic arts (and drew me Wilde/Woolf which I still can't get over :3~) and I especially love all her political arts and things.

I still really like MD and it makes me sad when he's upset, but I still find his sense of humour/otherworldly logic to be brilliant.

Cirrus knows I think she's the best thing ever. She's one of the nicest, friendliest and easiest to talk to people in here. And she even kept her name the same after the forum change~

Ruby is not only great fun to talk to (about more or less anything), but his posts in the DH are brilliant; intelligent, well-supported without being needlessly aggressive and hurtful to whoever's opposing. I wish I could do that.

I have the most immense respect for Verne, you wouldn't believe. He's also got a sense of humour that I adore. And always has the best avatars.

I don't think FMC has ever said something horrible about anyone and she's sweet and lovely~ And also draws some of the best arts ever.

Spoon is another one of the nicest people on here. She's sweet, encouraging and great fun to talk to. I just don't see how she puts up with me :3

And I apologize massively to those I haven't said anything about; I either missed you entirely or don't know you well enough to say something.

woah woah woah woah are you serious o_o

Ok
1) I am a fat bastard so I cannot be one of those people
2) I have one skirt, it is long as fuck
3) makeup ew
4) I have a personality fffff ;-;
5) Gaaawd I'm not mean, I'm only mean to my siblings
6) How long have you had that nickname. If its less than 5 years I automatically win

edit: oh and Cirrus was on my list of "People At TCOD Who Are Nice" :(

oh Dannichu I am not scary you are the coolest lesbian on the board I think unless I am forgetting any other cool lesbians plz let me know. I think. Dannichu has a light attitude that I admire (I am sort of grumpy.)

Also Cirrus you can't really get away in the Debating Hall without making some sort of point which is why my huge posts are usually in that section. Most of the times I can get away with short one/two-line replies.

Back
Top Bottom