• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you want to see in the 5th gen?

DEAR LAHD I JUST THOUGH OF THIS AND IT'S AWESOME.

The ability to run your SD Card's music while you're playing Black/White. I've wanted to do this for a long time--It'd be nice to be listening to some guys rippin' around while EV training. :O (Because music makes ardous things seem less horrible)

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Please, GF, do this! Even though I doubt this would ever happen, it would be great. And, makes up for the rather lackluster Live Caster thing...

Giratina's more of a classical basilisk really, but I guess the centipede similarity is there.

Incidentally, on the topic of legendaries, it'd be nice if they toned down the "This Pokémon has the power to do this big amazing THING that can destroy/save the world!" and returned to having legendaries just being very rare and somewhat powerful creatures, like they were pre-generation 3.

gen 1: mewtwo sort of. it's in a cave.
gen 2: none of them really.
gen 3: the weather trio and deoxys. maybe jirachi.
gen 4: all of them, maybe except shaymin. what.

yeah. can we revise that to pre-gen 4?

gen 1: mewtwo sort of. it's in a cave.
gen 2: none of them really.
gen 3: the weather trio and deoxys. maybe jirachi.
gen 4: all of them, maybe except shaymin. what.

This list confuses me.

I'm guessing you're listing the "amazing exaggerated mythical world-destroying/saving Pokédex entries of doom" type of legendaries, but I can't see how Deoxys, Jirachi, Heatran, Cresselia, or Darkrai really count for that.

Deoxys is just a mutant space virus. Jirachi is just a PokéGenie. Heatran is a land-whale thing that lives inside volcanoes, and nobody except one crazy old man really thinks it's anything other than a rare and powerful (but otherwise normal) Pokémon species. Darkrai's just a rare species that happens to have powers that cause bad dreams in anyone who goes to sleep too close to it, and Cresselia is another rare species with healing powers that can cancel out that effect; the only semi-mythical thing about them is the association with specific phases of the moon, which isn't really all that big of a deal.

Of course, the third and fourth generations do have a lot more of the exaggerated mythical stuff than the first and second... but to say that every legendary in the fourth generation has that problem is just plain wrong.

Maybe not a Centipede, but rather a Termite or Queen Termite. Something with the ability of leading hoardes of insects. Or another Scorpion.

And Giratina-Origin is more of a centipede than Giratina

hideously powerful mutant space virus. it's not world-destroying, but. as for jirachi, I can think of quite a few possible wishes that could be ridiculously dangerous, though whether or not it could/would grant them is unknown. heatran would cause eruptions or something. and I forgot about cresselia and darkrai. yeah, they don't do that much damage.

There were too many legendaries period in DPPt. Let's tone it down in Black and White, why don't we?

Gen1: Mewtwo, Mew, 3 birds.
Gen2: Lugia, Ho-oh, 3 beasts, Celebi.
Gen3: Weather trio, 3 golems, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lati@s.
Gen4: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, Heatran, 3 fairies. Depending on your POV, Rotom + Phione.

Rotom isn't really a legendary in any correct point of view. I mean, it can breed. (And yes Manaphy can too but that's a special case purely to get Phione, so it doesn't really count.)

Anyway, I was referring more to the Pokémon with huge, supernatural, almost unearthly powers, like how Dialga can control time and Palkia warps space and whatnot. I guess the weather trio count with their earth-forming powers and such, but I wouldn't really count things such as Mewtwo (Who, sure, is powerful, but doesn't have any sort of big unique power).

...I guess in that case you're right, it did sort of start in generation 3. Yeah, anyway.

As for the 'too many legendaries' issue, I don't have a massive problem with it as long as they're... unique. I mean so far we have three things that control fire/volcanoes (Moltres, Entei, Heatran), two for thunderstorms (Zapdos and Raikou), two that are protectors of nature or something (Celebi (Who also time travels, but yeah) and Shaymin) and so on. Yeah, if they had sort of thirty out of 100-odd (or apparently more this generation but yeah) Pokémon being legendaries that would be a tad ridiculous, but as long as they keep them unique, interesting and try to steer away from the "THIS THING CAN DESTROY THE EARTH BY SNEEZING" factor, I wouldn't mind the number hugely.

EDIT: I just realised how many times in this post I said "count" and "yeah/but yeah". Please forgive me.

Last edited:
Someone out there is going to murder me -_-

Maybe a Lapras pre evo or evo, I don't give a dang, the baby Kangaskhan, less legenndaries, and a Mawile evo, mainly because Mawile is a freaking weak pokemon and needs to be powered up!

Didn't Game Freak once say Phione was a legendary...

I didn't suggest it wasn't, did I? If you're referring to when I said "So it doesn't really count", by that I meant "The fact that Manaphy can breed doesn't really count".

Who cares? Phione's lame anway.

A Dragon/Dark legend with the power of small black holes that shooot like, missiles or something.

Yeah, I know some people think Rotom and Phione are legendaries, so I put them in the list.

My point was, I thought the fourth gen had too many. I already spent enough time catching the FIVE ROAMERS in Platinum.

Yeah, I know some people think Rotom and Phione are legendaries, so I put them in the list.

My point was, I thought the fourth gen had too many. I already spent enough time catching the FIVE ROAMERS in Platinum.

(Then I caught the birds in SoulSilver and kinda abandoned them in Plat.)

There were too many legendaries period in DPPt. Let's tone it down in Black and White, why don't we?

Gen4: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, Heatran, 3 fairies. Depending on your POV, Rotom + Phione.
You forgot Regigigas.

You forgot Regigigas.

you forgot Cresselia

*smacks self* Okay, but that just proves the point, doesn't it? Too many to remember them all.

New Gen4 List:
Gen4: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, Heatran, 3 fairies, Cresselia, Regigigas. Depending on your POV, Rotom + Phione.

I also hope to see fewer legendaries in Black and White. I'd like to see more mature plots and plot elements, as well. Just something, anything, whatever works, to refresh the Pokémon games.

Back
Top Bottom