• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Games Are You Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XIII is extremely fun, but too bad the series just isn't what it used to be. Most of the characters are meh, and the plot is fairly contrived. Thank god it has the most complex battle system in the series.

I actually liked XIII's cast of characters a lot. Save for Hope. But Hope can go die in a hole, since nobody likes him anyway.

I thought I'de hat him, too, but so far I like him. :/ Him and Vanille are my favorite, and Sazh isn't too bad either (although he can drone on at times)... but Snow never shuts up and Lightning is the typical "loner" protagonist. Haven't gotten to the other lady yet.

My problem with Hope is that he's too whiny. Plus, he hates Snow for something that wasn't even really his fault, which is just stupid.

I got Metroid Fusion in the post a few days ago and I've already logged ~5 hours. It's tricky, but not unplayable. Especially the bosses - most will kill you at least once, but you will be SO satisfied when you finally slaughter them in a hail of pew pew beams.

The hype around SA-X is perfectly justified - she/he/it is genuinely one of the most terrifying villains on a 2D game. The atmosphere of the game is also just wonderfully bleak: you're alone on a giant space station with nothing but a computer for company.

Oh and did I mention that Samus is probably the greatest female protagonist of all time? She kicks ass and takes names, and even has a bit of personality beyond KILL DESTROY EVERYTHING.

My problem with Hope is that he's too whiny. Plus, he hates Snow for something that wasn't even really his fault, which is just stupid.
True, true. Which is why I don't really love the characters in FFXIII. :/

Oh well, at least I have Vanille. :D

I got Metroid Fusion in the post a few days ago and I've already logged ~5 hours. It's tricky, but not unplayable. Especially the bosses - most will kill you at least once, but you will be SO satisfied when you finally slaughter them in a hail of pew pew beams.

The hype around SA-X is perfectly justified - she/he/it is genuinely one of the most terrifying villains on a 2D game. The atmosphere of the game is also just wonderfully bleak: you're alone on a giant space station with nothing but a computer for company.

Oh and did I mention that Samus is probably the greatest female protagonist of all time? She kicks ass and takes names, and even has a bit of personality beyond KILL DESTROY EVERYTHING.
Ah, Metroid Fusion. Definitely my favorite Metroid game, except for it's length. After two or three playthroughs (which you'll eventually reach), it gets awfully short, spanning only about 2-3 hours. Good game nevertheless,
I love the story and the backdrop.

Where are you exactly?

Ah, Metroid Fusion. Definitely my favorite Metroid game, except for it's length. After two or three playthroughs (which you'll eventually reach), it gets awfully short, spanning only about 2-3 hours. Good game nevertheless,
I love the story and the backdrop.

Where are you exactly?
I'm stuck at... I think he's called Yakuza? The giant robot spider thing. He is the most hateful boss I have ever encountered. What makes it worse is that there aren't any save points near him, so every time I die I have to trek five minutes from Samus's ship.

I'm stuck at... I think he's called Yakuza? The giant robot spider thing. He is the most hateful boss I have ever encountered. What makes it worse is that there aren't any save points near him, so every time I die I have to trek five minutes from Samus's ship.

You mean B.O.X? Yakuza is Serris, the giant snake that you get the Speed Booster from.

Playing Kingdom Hearts II, an old favourite of mine that invokes much nostalgia, aaah~

Was playing my Sapphire because I've never finished a Gen III game before, but I sort of got bored of it. I guess I'll be back on it whenever I finish playing KHII.

Ah, my bad. I tend to get the names mixed up from time to time. So you just got the Space Jump then?

I must be the only person that actually liked fighting both B.O.X., and the X-Infected B.O.X.
well, I just beat Yakuza today so I did get the space jump. SA-X wasn't too bad. but the vine statue thing is a fucking troll.

Anyone here ever play Etrian Odyssey or Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner before? I'm going back and forth between both games at the moment, and they're both really fun. Etrian Odyssey actually makes me appreciate dungeons and random encounters for once. :)

Anyone here ever play Etrian Odyssey or Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner before? I'm going back and forth between both games at the moment, and they're both really fun. Etrian Odyssey actually makes me appreciate dungeons and random encounters for once. :)

Devil Summoner as in the first MegaTen game with the Devil Summoner subtitle, that was a really obscure Saturn RPG, or Raidou Kuzunoha? :P

Etrian Odyssey III is probably the best out of all of'em. I've been having a blast with that for a while.

Raidou Kuzunoha vs. is awesome. vs. King Abbadon is probably the better of the two though.
---

Anywaaaayyys, my copy of Black came in the mail today, along with Ōkamiden, so I'm almost in heaven right now. Reason why I say almost is because my soul will not rest until I get my hands on a copy of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn at the end of the month.

COME OUT FASTER, GOLDEN SUN

Durrr I meant Devil Survivor, not Devil Summoner. My bad.

Ah. Devil Survivor's pretty badass. Quick word of advice, Midori and Mari have two of the best Magic stats in the game. Try and get them.

Also, don't do what I did and get the Messiah Ending on your first run through. It makes everything a helluva lot harder.

Dragon Age.

I love this game. It's turned into another Oblivion for me... which by the way is there ever going to be a new Elder Scrolls game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom