• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What kind of people do you hang out with?

I...am not very social at all, online and irl. I'm very self-conscious about my image, but at the same time, my strange personality tends to shine through. I am also very sensitive when picked on, so if someone says one hurtful thing to me, I'd most likely be quiet for the entire day.

I tend to attract nerds, "ugly" people (as seen by others), and the unpopular people as friends. I'm one of those awkward girls that's always being bullied by the more popular crowd. But more often than not, I wish I was naturally athletic and well-loved by everyone. Because of that, I tend to be very snobbish around the kind-hearted nerds that try to befriend me.

I'm usually alone, but I do on occasion spend time with unpopular people that can put up with my short temper and strange attitudes.
I'm seen by the well-known students at school as the awkward, not-so-sociable, quiet, lame, somewhat emo, Asian nerd >.>

I am a geek. I hang out with geeks. But I was surprisingly popular in high school. Though the fact that my high school was small might contribute to that. I get along really well with people younger than me, which is why back in school I was a retreat leader. Geek and proud I always said. I never was a nerd, never had the grades for that.

A bunch of northerners :( because somehow I just don't get along with my Portuguese class but I get along swimmingly with the English, Dutch, Baltic guys and Swedes??

The biggest downside is that since they are northern they are almost all taller than I am and it is very distressing. Especially when I realize I have to stand on a bench to be on equal height with two of them.

feels bad man.

In school now: The "smart people" (not the same as nerds, though that doesn't mean I don't also hang out with nerds) in my class. And also the people who don't fit into any of the other groups. Yeah.

I have two groups of friends: my current school friends (the aforementioned "smart people") and my middle school friends. That's not an accurate description; one of my middle school friends is with me now, and this second group also includes new friends that my middle school friends made. It's like Group 1 (people from current school) and Group 2 (old friends, other). I have friends from three different schools if I count my own.

at uni: the anime society
the president of which I discovered is on a twitter RP I was on/lurk and he RPs several of my favourite characters
bricks were shat

at home: my one remaining friend here who I hide my nerdiness from :(
and my mum's cats

on the tinternets: a bunch of faggots who are awesome beyond all reason

i guess i hang out with more hipster-minded kids..? i don't know. my friends are generally pretty liberal, fashion forward, and have quite distinguished tastes in television, music, film, and art. if you want to talk about something, they generally like to oblige. it's pretty neat.

irl: Mostly the goth/atheist/emo/angsty group who spends their lives on the internet but is considered wierd by everyone else.

internets: TCoD of course!!!

The biggest downside is that since they are northern they are almost all taller than I am and it is very distressing. Especially when I realize I have to stand on a bench to be on equal height with two of them.

I can confirm this

In school now: The "smart people" (not the same as nerds, though that doesn't mean I don't also hang out with nerds) in my class. And also the people who don't fit into any of the other groups. Yeah.
Actually, this describes my group pretty well too, haha :v Essentially people in my school hang out by language section, and out table is sort of where all the weirdoes from different sections converge. And I don't mean we act crazy just to be different (that would be retarded) but we just sort of slipped out of our language groups quietly and found more accepting groups.
And I think it's much better this way.

Also I have one friend who forces himself to hang out with his language group and I'd really like for him to join our table because I think he'd be happier but it's his life.

I can confirm this
I'm trying to become taller as hard as I can ok

don't worry I am a tall 6'4" northerner with a 5'3" girlfriend I am ok with height differences

it's fine, it's like being gay: the more tall people you hang around with the taller you get

Man, I have got to find some tall people then.

Anyway, in real life, I don't really hang out with other people much admittedly. Online, most of my friends are geeks, mostly of the politics variety.

Oh, and most of them are older than me, and a lot smarter than me. :P

Since today was only my second day at a new school, the only people I've really hung out with are the special needs kids. At least they're nicer than the kids back at my old school.

my facebook family, (inuyasha fans from all over the world.) people older than me, mostly people with talent, people who can draw and paint and write and sing. and a lot of little kids, seeing as my mother works in childcare. and the few non internet friends i have are sadly abused as my cosplay models. (mwahahahahahahaha!!) all my friends i've actually known for at least 4 years, and i love all my friends so much. daisukidayo guys!!!

Most of the time I just hang out with myself. If I'm not by myself, though, I'm either with my brother and his girlfriend, or with a social issues club at my school. My brother is enough like me that we can understand each other, yet different enough that I don't feel like I'm talking to myself. The club is comprised mostly of politically left activist types who pass out fliers and go to marches.

The kinda-awkward-as-hell Fairy Godmother/happy-helper-angel-fairy (don't ask), a girl who frequently gets injured, the Fairy Godmother's Forensics partner who says some strange things ("What's wrong, my little celery stick?" "...did you just call her a celery stick?"), a quiet-yet-somewhat-sarcastic girl, a hyperactive piano player/genius with the same name as the quiet one, a straight boy who loves giving guys lapdances, an awesome gay kid, frequently-injured's boyfriend, the Fairy Godmother's boyfriend, another awesome gay kid and a sophomore who we met this year and is awesome.

(I like three people in this group. One is a guy. Guess which one. (and you can guess the others, if you want.))

adding the Fairy Godmother's neighbor/brother who is also my sorta-boyfriend?

(and adding a person to the like-list of course)

Well, a rather varied bunch who all indulge in nerdy activity to some degree.

Living with me is a part-scientist, part-Pokemon fan, part-weightlifter, and all Magic (the Gathering, as in the TCG) competitive man, a neat freak nerd who has a few creeper-style habits, but is overall a nice guy, and someone we don't talk with much.

In this building are a pack of hyperactive geeks, many of whom are studying to be game designers, and a rather laid-back guy who enjoys mechas, hip-hop, French house, and debate.

Outside of this apartment building, I hang out with 2 gay guys (one of whom is the only black guy I hang out with at college and got me into fighting games in general), a girl who is socially dependent on one of the gay guys, an intelligent guy and his DID girlfriend, and a handful of other geeks, nerds, and cool people.

And back in my hometown, whomever is left from high school, mostly more geeks.

Overall, a giant pack of geeks and nerds. Probably fitting for this place. It's quite a disparate group in many situations, but here all of my friends are brought to me by some common interest.

Back
Top Bottom