• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who's the REAL poke-god?

Who's the REAL Poke-god?

• Arceus

Votes: 53 67.1%
  • Mew

Votes: 26 32.9%

• Total voters
Arceus is definitely the most god-like of all pokemon.

I believe that Mew was created as Arceus' "back-up plan", as something that could recreate the universe in the event of some apocalyptic disaster, probably involving Giratina or possibly Darkrai.

Actually Gengar was one of the first Pokemoon back in the 70's but I still think Mew is the creator.

Arceus could've been created in the first game but it wasn't. Meaning that intentionally Mew was intended to be the Ancestor. HOw can something be the ancestor if it isn't the first. Now I'm not saying that Arceus sat on its lazy but and took credit for Mew but it created Dialga and Palkia and Giratina to create the world then Mew just came to color in the lines.

It's also perfectly possible that there's some retcon floating about and Mew was intended to be the 'god' but Arceus was thought of and the mythology surrounding the creation shifted slightly to accomodate it.

The problem with the 'Mew came to colour in the lines' idea is that not only is there the issue surrounding where Mew came from if not Arceus, but also that without Arceus there would be no lines for it to colour it, to continue the metaphor.

asdfgh things like Pokédex numbers and copyrights have absolutely nothing to do with the ingame story! D< Rhydon was the first Pokémon ever coded into a video game! You know what? I've changed my mind. I think Rhydon is the god of all Pokémon because it came first.

The "mythological/scientific" explanation is all that matters, not what order they were discovered in or what order they got around to copyrighting them in. Sheesh.

My Theory:

Arceus created Mew
Mew created Celebi
Celebi takes Mew back to before Arceus
Mew creates Arceus
Celebi and Mew go back to when they came from

Ah... but Mew can transform into any other Pokémon, yes? That includes Arceus. You can either say it was because Arceus said "let there be a super-powerful Ditto because I said so", or you could say it's because Mew contains the base DNA for all other Pokémon, including Arceus, and therefore Mew would be Arceus's ancestor as well as all the other Pokémon.

Or you could say that because Arceus created Mew with its/his/hers/?'s DNA, so Mew can turn into Arceus. Since Mew created Dittos, Dittos can also turn into Arceus (probably not a good idea though).

Yeah. Arceus.

Arceus created the universe, Mew is the ancestor of all the Pokemon besides Arceus/Dialga/Palkia/Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf/(possibly)Giratina. I can't see why people don't get that.

Mew has not been mentioned in the order of the creation myth at all, and until Nintendo explicitly puts it in its place what's wrong with a little speculating about what else is possible?

Quite honestly I agree, it is more likely Arceus than not, but that doesn't automatically make the devil's advocate argument "you're wrong you don't get it".

BulbasaurX3 He's # 1!!!!
But really, I used to think it was Mew since he was created by Nintendo first, until Arceus came along. He is called the God of all Pokemon. So...Arceus.

Okay. Arceus can be any type it wants to be, but mew can be whatever Pokemon it wants to be and can learn all TMs. Plus Mew came first. Eventhough Arceus has the highest base stats of any Pokemon, mew is still the Pokegod because it created all Pokemon.

Actually, I think Mew and Arceus are equals. Arceus made the Pokemon world and rules it, and Mew created all Pokemon and put them in the world Arceus created.

I also like Time Psyducks' view on it.
"Arceus created Mew
Mew created Celebi
Celebi takes Mew back to before Arceus
Mew creates Arceus
Celebi and Mew go back to when they came from."

let's see here. Mew is a little pink mouse/cat/bubblegum, and Arceus is a Giant Ki-rin.

Arceus just seems more worthy of the title. Plus it's Dex class is 'Creation Pokemon' while Mew is 'New Species' or something like that.

Arceus. First, it is explicitly mentioned as a creator. Mew has never been mentioned in any creation legeds whatsoever, only therorised as an 'ancestor' by the scientists that created Mewtwo. Finally, and pretty importantly, there is more than one mew within the fiction. When one speaks of Arceus "in-universe", they refer to one being. Mew are a species. This puts tham right out of the running to be 'god' as far as I'm concerned.

*sigh* This conversation again...
Think about it. We all shouldn't go by "Aw, Mew does this mystical thingy. BUT! Arceus does THIS mystical thingy..."
But. Read the pokedex entry. I quote "It is described in mythology as the Pokemon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms."
Here's the Pearl entry. "It is told in mythology that this Pokemon was born before the universe even existed."
It shaped the universe. It was born before the universe. Which leaves the conclusion that Arceus made Mew. It's the Chicken/Egg scenario, if you ask me though...

FOOLS! Do you not know who the real pokegod-or actually, pokegods-are? The pokegods, of course! Remember Ratichu, Rainer, Millenum? Or the others? I can't believe you forgotten who the real ones were, ever since this "Arceus" came. And then, the TRUE pokegod is Mew, since she was part of the original gang. :evil:

My thoughts...

Arceus created the universe, Palkia and Dialga to take over time and space (So he didn't have quite as much work), the pixies, and mew to populate.

And thats what I think. (Honestly I like Arceus more then Mew just because he's... neat... I've never actually used him and I don't take his stats into consideration, as with most of my favorites)

Back
Top Bottom