• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Worldwide Danger

Dr. Lehrer ran into the room. "I'm sorry I'm late, I got caught up in some other business. What were we talking about?"

"Great, now I'm late," muttered Joel as he clambered up the rocks to the side of the waterfall. Reaching the top, he burst unto the building to see a group of people already in conversation, Lucian among them.
He straightened his clothes and dusted some soil from his cloak.
"I apologise for my delay, I was held up a bit longer than I expected to be, as I knew one of the men on the boat that brought me here."

Valkrie flew down on Valour, her Salamence. SHe jumped off her back, and ran into the building, with Valour at her side.
"Sorry I'm late," she yelled, waving the letter. "I had to get a few things."

Lucian looked up at the three newcomers.

"Oh. Welcome. We didn't have anything extremely important said yet, but I was just about to reply to, er, Baby." He looked at Dr. Lehrer, Valkrie and Joel.

"What are your names, I may ask?"

Joel snapped to attention and swung his arm up in a perfect salute.
"Lieutenant Joel Reed," he aid, before relaxing very slightly. "Retired, however. Family issues. So you are Lucian then?"

Lucian nodded. "You're correct. Pleased to meet you."

He looked at Ryou. "One of these days we might be able to get into a bit of a battle together... but not now. After the other two introduce themselves, we'll talk a bit about the situation at hand.

"I'm Valkrie," Valkrie introduced herself, and pointed to her Salamence behind her.
"And this is Valour."

"I'm nowhere near challenging the Elite Four, even though they're closed," Maelle said. "Adipocyte needs a lot of training. It hasn't been a long time since he hatched, but he's eaten at least a ton of food already." She didn't roll her eyes, but smiled in amusement. If Adipocyte, somehow, were suddenly gone, she would regret doing the former...

((I get it, Darksong. :/ ))

Lucian switched his gaze again, this time to Valkrie. "Hello, Valkrie. It's a pleasure to have you here today." He took a quick glance at Dr. Lehrer. "Who might you be?" he asked kindly.

((I forgot to mention Purification could talk, didn't I? Oh well, let's just say she can- how else can she help?))

Purification bounded into the room. "Sorry I'm late. Got in a little fight along the way..." she said, replaying the moment where she was fighting her brother Entei because he got mad.

Angelo at the newcomer and was startled by her appearance but quickly rgained his composure
"Welcome to the party"

((Isn't there already a suicuneon one of the teams...?))

((Yes. But there can't be one Suikun for the whole Pokemon world, can there? After all, there was a baby Lugia...))

Lucian looked up.

"Oh, hello Purification. Welcome to the party, as Angelo said... anyway, should we discuss the subject of with what we should start? In other words, I think we should start, er, discussing the matters at hand?"

Maelle nodded. "I think we should get straight down to why we came here in the first place. If we don't have a reason, then why would you send us a letter?"

((Sorry I haven't posted))

"I am Dr. Ruby Lehrer, a pokemon professor. I specialize in battle strategy. Why have we been called here?"

Lucian nodded. "Good thinking. Listen up.

"Something that wasn't mentioned in the letter is something you all know about at the moment: the problems around the world. Small wars, famine, et cetera. The cause of all this is a Pokemon who lives underground, beneath Olivine City in Johto. There are probably more of the Pokemon, since the problems are worldwide, but for now we're focusing on this one. The Pokemon is probably a Ground/Ghost or Ground/Dark, something to that effect. To stop the trouble in that area, we need to defeat it in battle. I need you all to be ready."

((I added a bit to the plot.))

"Can we catch it?" Baby chirped, bobbing around Lucian in a loose circle. "And train it? And be it's frieeeend?"

After making a few loops, she plopped down on the grass and started to toy with the seal-covered Masterball.

Baby stared at the man with horror on her face.

"There's no such thing as an evil Pokemon!" She cried, getting to her feet.

"I don't like you."

"We can't kill it," said Lucian. "We can only defeat it. Killing will bring more havoc than there is now. If one of the Pokemon is destroyed, my guess is that the world will fall out of balance."

He produced a map of the Pokemon world.

"Where should we go first? Maybe to Johto and work our way around the regions?"

Back
Top Bottom