• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed X: The step into other worlds

Zora glanced at her.
"So then... Bachelor implies male. What do we do for the girlies?"
"Well why can't we be there?" Darkness stated, giggling as Aidan played with her hair, "And then if we can't, we have a party for the ladies too."
"...Alright..." there was a similar hint of reluctance in Zora's voice. She looked at Rhythm uncertainly.
Jesse nodded and cleared his throat.
"Well, you're not..." She looked nervous. What did he do now? Pointing it out might make it look like he was hitting on her, and he was having difficulty thinking of something to talk about.

"We'll go and have a party for the girls too." Jax said, "Don't worry about it. All we need are some party planners."

Rhythm looked back at Zora, and smiled.
"It's not like I mind. Us guys will have our fun, and you girls will have yours. Win-win situation." He placed his hand on hers as he said this.
Aidan continued to play with Darkness's hair, smiling.
"I'm sure there's plenty of people here who would love to plan these parties. I mean, a wedding in a day. It can't be that hard."
Opal stayed silent, thinking of what else to say. Unbeknownst to her, her face had been increasingly red as she was sitting next to him. After what had happened earlier, she was nervous as all hell, trying not to mess up.

Zora sighed, then nodded at him, smiling.
"I suppose you're right. Should be a good time for all."
"I'd plan the party for the girls if you want." Darkness offered, still with a big smile on her face. "And I know the perfect guy to plan the men's party."
"You're not thinking..."
"Yes, I am. He's been to 'em before, he should know what goes down."
Jesse once again stole a glance at her. He tried to hide his smile.
"Miss, you're bright red. Something wrong?"

Rhythm reached over and ruffled Zora's hair playfully.
"You'll have great fun. Don't worry."
Aidan leaned up and kissed Darkness on the cheek.
"Smart Darky. I knew you'd figure something out." he said, although he couldn't help but wonder who this person planning the men's party was. He'd wait to find out, though.
Opal blushed even more as he said this.
"Oh...um, I-I...I d-don't know why..." She screamed at herself inside of her mind. Why was she stuttering so much? It was because of him, she knew it...but usually she wasn't like this.

Again, Zora squeed.
"Oh, alright, if you say so."
Darkness blushed slightly, then leaned up and kissed him in the same spot.
"Don't worry about a thing. It's gonna be great!"
This time, Jesse couldn't hide his smile. He prayed she wouldn't mind as he slowly wrapped an arm around her.
"You aren't like this usually, are you?"

"Kay guys, start planning." Jax said, "Think the party will be planned and ready in....two...three hours? I don't know how long they take to plan."

"Doesn't that seem a little ear-wait." Rhythm said to Jax, breaking off as he remembered what his friends was capable of.
"I forgot who we were talking about. Get it done as early as possible."
Aidan ran his fingers through Darkness's hair softly, yawning.
"I have a feeling these parties are going to be insane."
Opal blinked at him as he spoke and wrapped his arm around her. Slowly, she scooted closer.
"Yeah...I'm not...How'd you know?"

"Aidan, I'd have to agree with you there." Zora muttered, scooting closer to Rhythm. At least she didn't have to do anything.
Darkness nuzzled him.
"I promise I'll get it done a-sap." she purred. "You don't mind if I get up for a bit, do you? I'll be fast about it."
"Just guessin'..." Jesse sighed. "You seem... nervous, miss. You know you don't hafta be, right?" To tell the truth, he was nervous himself. It took a careful eye to notice, but every so often he'd take a deep breath to calm himself down.

Rhythm noticed Zora scooting closer to him, and wrapped an arm around her.
"Same here. I don't know what to expect."
Aidan nuzzled her back, before he released his grip.
"I don't mind. Go on."
Opal sighed, looking down at the ground.
"Yeah, I know...It's just hard not to be...I mean, you're just so-" she cut herself off, putting a hand over her mouth. She very nearly spilled her thoughts to him right there.

"It's gonna be... interesting, for sure." Zora sighed, resting her head on his shoulder. "Just promise me you won't do anything too... yeah."
"Alright." Darkness stood up, then pointed at Jax. "You. Meet me in my room. You're helping since it was your idea." with that, she strided down the hall.
Jesse gave her an amused smile.
"I'm so what?" he asked. He liked where this was going, but he wouldn't press her.

Rhythm turned his head and kissed Zora on the head.
"You know I'm not like that. I'll keep it light."
Aidan stretched, then got back up.
"I'm going to look for Falar. I must compliment him on his hair." he said, knocking on the chimney wall playfully. Almost immediately after, a mass appeared with a poof of black soot. The mass shook itself off, revealing shiny silver hair.
"Um...Hi." Falar said, coughing.
Opal slowly lowered her hand, still looking down.
"You're just so...so...gorgeous. Stunning, beautiful, whatever you want to call it..."

"Alright, I promise I'll keep it light too." Zora smiled up at him, then turned when she heard something fall out of the chimney...again.
"...When did you get up there?"
As she walked down the hall, she glanced askance at the room Jesse was in, thinking he was asleep and she'd have to wait to tell him he was the planner. But when she saw and heard, she stopped just out of his and Opal's line of sight with a O_O face.
"Did I just see... holy shit." she ran off toward Hera's room.
Jesse blinked at her.
"You... you really think that?"

Jax dashed to Darkness's room, but she saw Darkness go off to Hera's room.

"What's wrong, Darkness?" Jax asked, "What happened?"

"Falar what the hell." Rhythm said, tilting his head in confusion. Falar got himself to his feet, and dusted himself off.
"I think it'd be better if you didn't ask." Falar muttered, embarrassed.
"...Your hair is amazing." Aidan said sheepishly.
Opal finally raised her head and looked at him in the eyes.
"...Yes. I really think that."

Zora stared straight at Aidan and... laughed. Laughed hard.
"Did you really just say that?!"
Hera looked up as Darkness, not paying attention to Jax, burst into her room.
"Um... what's with you?"
"You are never gonna guess who I saw telling your brother he was gorgeous."
"I don't... wait... you don't mean... we laughed at him and it turned out working out?!"
Jesse stared at her in astonishment.
"Miss... you don't know how much it means to hear you say that."

Rhythm laughed along with Zora, but didn't say anything as he waited for Aidan to reply.
"Well, it is!" Aidan huffed.
"Um...Thanks." Falar said, looking at Aidan with a questioning look. It was when Aidan saw this look that he realized he had his arms crossed and was standing very...strangely.
"...Oh my god I could totally pass off as gay right now." He muttered, converting back to a more masculine stance.
Opal very slowly and hesitantly moved closer to his face, still blushing madly.
"Jesse...Don't call me miss...Call me Opal."

That just made Zora laugh even harder.
"Ohhh man... that was good... Ahaha..." she took a few deep breaths to calm herself down, then looked at Rhythm and wrapped an arm around him.
"That... is exactly what I mean." Darkness still sounded exasperated.
"Holy... holy shit." Hera muttered, putting her hand to her face. "How do you know they're not punking us?"
"Do you really think she's the type to do that?"
"...no."
"Yes, mi-I mean... Opal..." Jesse looked her right in the eyes. He was beginning to turn a shade of red himself, however slight.

Rhythm jumped as Zora wrapped an arm around him, as he wasn't expecting it. When he realized what it was, he smiled and wrapped an arm around her midsection in return.
"I'm just gonna sit down now..." Aidan said, diving back onto the couch. He sat there for a moment, then laid down instead and stretched.
"Much more comfortable."
Falar coughed again, then sighed.
"I'm gonna go take a shower."
Opal reached up slowly and put her hand on his face.
"Your eyes...are so mesmerizing..."

Then came her other arm. Then Zora smiled up at him again.
"...Have I ever mentioned that you're like, insanely nice to hug?"
About then, Fairwind walked out of the kitchen and blinked at both Aidan and Falar. Aidan because he'd dove on the couch so she noticed him first, and Falar because she hadn't seen him before...and he was covered in soot.
"Oh, now who's this? The littlest Santa? He's adorable, all covered in soot and such."
Hera just... stared at Darkness for a minute.
"I have to see this for myself." with that, she left the room and peered into the one they were in, pulling her head out and covering her mouth before the pair could notice. She ran back and... sputtered incoherently. Darkness grimaced.
"...I told you so."
"Th... thank you." Jesse mumbled, a bit shyly. There was still a small smile on his face. He was a bit surprised that she hadn't noticed the scars yet. Maybe that was for the better.

Back
Top Bottom