• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed X: The step into other worlds

Zora reached up and playfully messed up his hair.
"As well you should." she purred. It was about then that her eyes slid to the hallway. There she saw Opal walking out, smiling with a spring in her step, followed closely by an equally-as-smiley Jesse. She tilted her head at them, before glancing at her fianceé.
"Do you see what I see...? You don't think that they...?"
Storm did the same motion toward Aidan, chuckling.
"Procrastinators unite! ...Tomorrow!"

Rhythm smiled amusedly, and followed Zora's gaze to Opal as she walked over and stood right outside the hallway.
"Guess what happened that you would have never expected~?" Opal sang, curling her hair around her finger.
"...You didn't." Rhythm said, a look of disbelief on his face.
"Oh, I did, alright."
"...Damn."
Aidan raised his fist to agree with Storm, then let it fall limp and slammed it on the couch with a thud.
"Owowow-wait, what?" He said, sitting up and listening to the conversation at hand.

Zora stared at them, mouth agape, especially when her cousin stood next to Opal with a grin a mile wide.
"...You're not serious."
"Yes, yes she is~!"
"Huh. Well there goes my bet with Windy. Congrats you guys." Zora shrugged, leaning back into the couch... and Rhythm.
Storm blinked up.
"Damn, he got the girl after all that?"

"Agreed with Zor. Congrats...Although how the hell did you go from wanting to murder him to getting in a relationship with him?" Rhythm asked, stroking Zora's hair as he spoke.
"I...really don't know myself. My mind works in a weird way." Opal sighed, dancing around in one spot on the floor.
Aidan stared at them for a moment, then went back to laying on the couch, stomach-first.
"I dunno how you did it, Jesse, but you are extraordinary for this."

Zora purred softly, resting her head on Rhythm's chest as she again began to speak.
"Well, you know what they say." she cleared her throat, "Like a cloud full of rain shouldn't hang in the sky, ice shouldn't burn or a bumblebee fly~ If you feel so happy, then why do you cry~? Oh nothin' 'bout love makes sense~! Nothing at all..." she smiled up at them. "I gotta say though, you look good with him."
Jesse glanced at Aidan and laughed.
"I dunno how I did it either."
Storm smiled and looked down.
"Now if only I could get a girl like that."

Deax raised an eyebrow in curiousity.

"That was fast." she said, "Didn't expect anyone to fall for you that quickly....except Jax. But she does that every time she meets a new boy."

"Hey, I didn't do it this time!" Jax yelled.

"True." Deax mumbled.

Rhythm smirked at Zora's singing, leaning up and kissing her on the cheek.
"I just love your voice..." he then turned his gaze back to Opal and Jesse. "She's right. You two do look great together."
"Thank you~" Opal said, an unfamiliar lightness in her voice. She spun over and interlaced her arm with Jesse's.
Aidan looked up at Storm.
"Dude, with that attitude, you won't. You'll find someone if you keep your hopes up."

"Aha, thank you." Zora blushed as she watched her sister creep out of the hallway.
"Well well, done planning already?"
"No, I just... I needed to see if this was official." she blinked as Opal interlaced herself with Jesse's arm. "Well, I'll be damned. Sorry for... laughing at you."
"It's no problem~"
With that said, Darkness turned to Opal.
"You don't mind if I steal him for a bit, right? His sister and I need his input on something."
Storm just laughed.
"I'm only kidding, you know. I'm sure I'll find someone..."

"Welcome." Rhythm muttered, stretching out as much as he could under Zora and listening to the conversation at hand.
Opal sighed, letting go of Jesse's arm.
"OK, you can have him, just make sure to bring him back~"
"Oh. Well then. Yeah, you'll find someone eventually." Aidan muttered, yawning. "Who knows, maybe you'll get someone from our little group."

"But I don't wanna-" Jesse was immediately silenced as Darkness started pulling him into the hall.
"I don't care, you're the only one of us that's been to one, we'll only be a few damn minutes."
Zora blinked, then shrugged, scooting off of Rhythm and back onto the couch next to him. He couldn't have been too comfortable.
"Well, that was... so like I was saying, good for you guys."
Storm smiled slightly.
"That'd be nice, although then I'd have my sisters to compete with... Oh, I love our family. Even the girls like girls."

Jax leaned against a wall in the hall.

"I was thinking about you planning...a bachelor party, Jesse." Jax said, "You in?"

"Thank you very much, all of you~" Opal sang, twirling and landing gracefully on chair, sighing in happiness.
Rhythm yawned, then raised to a normal sitting position. He had to admit, being under Zora wasn't all that comfortable. He didn't mind it in the slightest, however.
Aidan couldn't help but snicker at that.
"Ah well, I don't think most of the girls here would be willing to change orientation that quickly. I'm probably going to regret saying that, but oh well."

Zora yawned cutely, leaning up against her fiancee.
"You're welcome, dearie. Just try not to get too irritated with him if he does something stupid. Most of our family tends to be like that sometimes." she glanced toward the hall. "Case and point: Cyndra." she pointed at the girl just now creeping back out.
"...Hi." Damn, no one was drunk yet.
"I wouldn't doubt that." Storm yawned, brushing his shining white hair away from his face. "Unless we like, entered the Twilight Zone or some shit."
-------------------
Jesse blinked at them both.
"Um... OK, sure, I'll do it. When are we lookin' at?"
"...As soon as this meeting's over?"
"Kay, I'm in."

"Okay." Jax said, "That's great. Now, ladies, let's start planning. We need two big rooms for the boys and the girls."

Opal snickered, lazing back in her chair.
"Unless it's something really serious, I doubt I could get mad at him." She said, slowly relaxing. "He's too cute."
Rhythm yawned yet again, then reached over and stroked Zora's hair softly.
"Agreed." Aidan said, twirling a pen he found on a desk nearby. "Which means you've got a good shot with someone here. If there's someone you want, that is."

"Haha, have it your way." Zora laughed, nuzzling Rhythm when he stroked her hair.
Cyndra tilted her head.
"Why were you talking about me?"
"I was using you as an example, dear. No need to get upset."
"Oh, given the size of this group there's bound to be someone here." Storm smiled. "I'm sure I haven't even seen all the ladies yet."
---------------------
Meanwhile, it only took a few minutes for Darkness to lay out her ideas.
"...And we have the men downstairs, ladies upstairs. I like Jax's embarrassment plan."
"Right, right." Jesse muttered, "And I think I have a good idea of what I wanna do now too."
"Good, so are we all set?"
"I believe I am."

Rhythm blinked in surprise, then smiled lightly and nuzzled Zora in return. He glanced around the room once or twice, then continued to stroke her hair.
Opal sighed, now leaning forward in her chair. To be completely honest, she missed clinging on to Jesse already. But wait, what if she was being too clingy? Maybe she should let off. All these thoughts ran through her head as she waited.
"True, true..." Aidan said, twirling the pen a little more before dropping it. He sighed.
"Damn it. I hate that pen with all my hate now."

"Alright Jess, decorating should be easy. You take Fairwind's magic purse, I got Windfall's." Darkness grabbed his shoulder. "I'll tell Acacia to start cooking in the downstairs galley for both, and I'll give you a signal when it's time to decorate. Just hold the purse open and it should pretty much decorate itself. Wish I knew how they made 'em do that..."
"Right, I got it." Jesse yawned, "Can I go back out to my girl now?"
"Yeah, go ahead."
He was out before Darkness could blink. He went swiftly down the hallway, coming up behind Opal's chair and suddenly wrapping round to see her.
"Miss me?"
Zora continued to purr as she watched Darkness come out after him and swerve into the kitchen, to talk to Acacia she assumed.
"This party will be hectic."
Storm tilted his head.
"...Why do you hate the pen?"

Back
Top Bottom